Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: svg viewer

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
FrankG svg viewer
Member 25th Mar, 2010 10:35
Ranking: 0
User Since: 25th Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi

I have tried to install svg viewer on my laptop. I get to the stage where I can test the plugin and it tells me that it has been successful. However, when I try to open the document I want, there is nothing there even though the comment at bottom of screen says "Done". am using Windows XP.

I have successfully installed svg viwer on my desktop, which also uses Window XP and it works fine.
Can any one help me.

Frank

thedillpickl RE: svg viewer
Contributor 27th Mar, 2010 03:56
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi Frank;

Are you referring to Adobe SVG? They have discontinued support as of January '09, so it won't be as up-to-date as another vendors product. See Adobe's notice: http://www.adobe.com/svg/eol.html

You do not say what browser you are using. If using Mozilla Firefox, they explain the difference between 'native' & 'plug-in' SVG here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/
Even if you're not using Firefox, there is a lot of useful info there.

Are your laptop & desktop both using the same browser? Are the browsers up-to-date? Are they both using the same version of SVG (were they updated/installed at the same time)?

Also, what browser are you using? What is the extension of the document you're having trouble with? (document_name.ext)

One last thought, are the laptop and desktop 'looking' at the same file on same hard drive? If not or unsure, click on the "properties" (right click the file). The "Size" should be more than a few bytes. If not, this file may be empty with nothing to display.

Regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
FrankG RE: svg viewer
Member 27th Mar, 2010 04:31
Score: 0
User Since: 25th Mar 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi Fred
Thank you for replying.

There is always something that's missed.

I am using Internet Explorer 7 (same version on both computers) and Windows XP. I downloaded svg viewer vers. 3.03 for Win98 - XP, from Adobe website on both computers.

I am able to view the required document on my desktop, but not my laptop.

I also downloaded the same version onto my wife's laptop, she is using Windows 7 and Explorer 7 and it works as well.
It's not a major concern, but I would like it to work on my laptop.

I can use the svg viewer on the computer at work and it has Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox as the browser.

Regards
Frank
Was this reply relevant?
+0
thedillpickl RE: svg viewer
Contributor 27th Mar, 2010 05:10
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi Frank;

I did a little Googleing and find that v.3.03 seems to work fine in IE7 & 8. I am at a loss as to why this is occurring. I do not have Adobe SVG install on either machine, so am not familiar with any settings (a plug-in of this sort usually doesn't have any, correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps someone will pick up on this thread that has run across the problem.

Does your laptop open other documents that require SVG correctly?

It's late here, will check back tomorrow to see how it goes.

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+