Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Scan runs - no results

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Funkyecat Scan runs - no results
Member 31st Mar, 2010 23:50
Ranking: 0
User Since: 30th Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
I run the PSI programs and the scanning bar goes to 100%, but I get no results, only the message 'Please wait while Secunia PSI interface is loading. This is expected to last less than 10 seconds' The horizontal barber pole is moving.
I have uninstalled, installed PSI and download a fresh copy. There is no change.
It is run under FF3.6 with IE emulation.

Win XPPro SP3

Maurice Joyce RE: Scan runs - no results
Handling Contributor 1st Apr, 2010 01:05
Score: 11865
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
@wr has published a possible solution to this elsewhere on the Forum which is as follows:

CONNECTING TO THE SECUNIA SERVER
================================

Secunia PSI needs to be able to connect to Secunia servers to complete its scanning. However, if you have configured the security settings of your Internet Explorer, the Secunia PSI may be prevented from getting the scan results. To receive your scan results, you need to do some changes to your Internet options.
To do this:
a. Open Internet Explorer.
b. Go to Tools>Internet Options>Security tab.
c. Select the Internet zone and click on the Custom Level button.
d. In Security Settings, go to the Scripting>Active Scripting option.
e. Make sure that Active Scripting is Enabled (rather than Disabled or Prompted).
f. Press OK then Yes.
g. Back in the Security tab, select the Trusted sites zone and click on the Sites button.
h. Look at the bottom of the page and take the tick from the box marked"Require server verification(HTTPS)for all site zones" then type in the following and press the Add button to add them to the Trusted Zone Sites list:
http://*.secunia.com/
https://*.secunia.com/
i. Press Close
j. Run the Secunia PSI again to view the scan results

If using a browser other than IE the settings can be accessed by clicking Start-Control Panel-Internet Options-then follow C. to J.

If this post has solved your problem could you please select the ACCEPT option. This will lock the thread and stop you & I from receiving unnecessary update emails.

Revision 3.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Funkyecat RE: Scan runs - no results
Member 1st Apr, 2010 02:05
Score: 0
User Since: 30th Mar 2009
I made the changes and now it runs, I don't get the connection message, but I still do not get any results. All the items remain as question marks.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

TiMow

RE: Scan runs - no results
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
Member 1st Apr, 2010 18:14
I do not like your condescending. I am an advanced user (over 20 years, before the IBM computers and started on the Apple II.

I know what I am doing. Yes I use FF 3.6.2.

I rechecked my settings and got the same results. It scans but does not give results.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Trueno RE: Scan runs - no results
Member 1st Apr, 2010 18:24
User Since: 26th Jul 2009
Hi Funkyecat

I had the same problem as you at for a week and dicovered that theres seems to be a bug when using IE view. I am not sure what the conflict is but I did resolve it by disabling IE view and private browsing. DOnt know how it happened but it did. You might want to try it
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Apr, 2010 18:48
I cannot understand what either change has to do with PSI. I checked my settings. I have not invoked ieview (Actually I use Coral IETAB) nor private Private browsing. I have removed PSI for now and will use other free update checkers (e.g., Filehipp0 update checker).
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Apr, 2010 18:48
I cannot understand what either change has to do with PSI. I checked my settings. I have not invoked ieview (Actually I use Coral IETAB) nor private Private browsing. I have removed PSI for now and will use other free update checkers (e.g., Filehipp0 update checker).
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TiMow RE: Scan runs - no results
Dedicated Contributor 1st Apr, 2010 19:09
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
Hi Funkyecat

I apologise, if you mis-read my reply as condescending - it wasn't intended.

Not meant as an excuse, but I had indeed been taking some strong cold medication - hence the re-thinking and re-editing.

Anyway, I can only reply on what I read in black and white and not any of the unknown behind it - e.g. if you write FF 3.6, I cant assume you don't mean what you've written, as this was only updated in the last week to 3.6.2.

As I've previously read about this same problem before on the forum, and know the above solution to have worked for other people, I was just wondering why you were suddenly having problems after a year of using PSI (and am still curious), and were querying the question marks.

I wrongly thought you were a new member (from 30th Mar.) when I wrote my reply, and only after posting, saw that you had previously made 5 other posts and the year under the date was 2009., which is why I made the further edits.

I'm glad you clarified your position, but with the anonymity of such a forum, it shouldn't normally be necessary to do so - but, therefore, it can not be surprising when false assumptions and interpretations are made, without any background information. That is life.

We all, wrongly or rightly, pre-qualify a person here on the forum, by a few lines of text.

And I still blame the medication.

Regards

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Apr, 2010 19:35
Your apology is accepted.

As far as your cold medicine, I am a Naturopath.

Drink a lot of fluids (water). Alcoholic beverages do reduce discomfort. In fact a glass or 2 a day of red wine is healthy. Keep away from processed sugar, white/processed flour and white rice.

If you can get 'Grapefruit Seed Extract' (GSE) Liquid is best. Start with 15 drops in water (>8 ounces) it is potent, every 4 hours for the first 2 days.

Take this off the thread and contact me at funkyecat@yahoo.com
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TiMow RE: Scan runs - no results
Dedicated Contributor 1st Apr, 2010 19:55
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
Last edited on 1st Apr, 2010 19:57
Thanks for the advice.

Without wishing to turn this into a medical forum, I'll just add, that normally I don't do anything when I have a cold - but today I needed to function so just tried to suppress it.

I believe in the little bit of alcoholic beverage every day - tend to favour grain over grape though - although enjoy both. And always drink plenty of fruit juice for vit.C.

Sugar, flour and rice are a bit hit and miss though.

Will try to seek out GSE - don't know if it's available where I am.

One final thing - I wouldn't put your e-mail address out on an open forum - if it's not a throw away one, I'd edit it off quick to avoid spam hell.

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Apr, 2010 21:30
If you have a Vitamin Shoppe nearby, they have their own brand which is fine.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Apr, 2010 21:30
If you have a Vitamin Shoppe nearby, they have their own brand which is fine.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+