Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401 not in patched programs

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
bjm__ Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401 not in patched programs
Member 4th Apr, 2010 17:53
Ranking: 64
User Since: 9th Mar, 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello Forum
I waited a few days after recent Foxit Reader update to ver 3.2.1.0401 to see if it would reappear in patched programs....so far it has not. Previous version along with ActiveX and Plugin were populated in patches programs. After update (run from within app and also full app install) only Reader ActiveX and Plugin populate. Foxit Reader program is no longer listed in my patched programs. Foxit Reader is installed and functional....just not being picked up by PSI.
Anyone else notice this...or is this only my issue....considered uninstall / reinstall but, wanted to check with Forum first.

Cheers
bjm-

Post "RE: Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401 not in patched programs" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401 not in patched programs
Expert Contributor 4th Apr, 2010 20:50
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
Hello.
Got the same problem after reading your post. Updated reader....it then disappeared from veiw after scan. It retains it's old version number on CCleaner and Revouninstaller. Have rebooted.....still the same. It's still showing in Uninstall/Change Progs., but no version number. Haps it is best to see what happens after the weekend !!! Regards

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
bjm__ RE: Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401 not in patched programs
Member 4th Apr, 2010 22:34
Score: 64
User Since: 9th Mar 2009
Hello mogs
Thanks for confirming Foxit Reader update issue....
Did not check my Ccleaner & Revo after update from within Foxit Reader interface...since then I overwrote with Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401.exe pulled from filehippo. Just my attempt to get PSI to see it. My Ccleaner & Revo & Control Panel do reflect new version. It's only PSI that does not pickup Foxit Reader program. As I wrote before PSI retained Foxit ActiveX and plugin. PSI lost listing of Foxit Reader program after update.

I've been thinking about trying Chrome...what's your impressions of Chrome? I'm used to FF...but, always open to a better mouse trap.
I'll leave thread open until Foxit reappears in patched programs. Thanks!

Cheers
bjm-
Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS SP2, FF3.6.3, IE8
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 4th Apr, 2010 23:04
Hello bjm again......I'm gonna leave the issue with Foxit until after the hols: I'm hoping the matter will straighten itself out then.
As regards Chrome, I began using it about a year ago.....the then Stable version...after that started trying the occasional Beta channel; and have used the Dev channel for about the last two months I suppose.
The whole concept I seemed to get on with first off.....clean interface....perhaps comparitively simple to use; and I've lately been takin' it's speed probably too much for granted. At the moment of writing this, I'm trying out the new interactive sound effects.....altogether many aspects of it I'll never use tho'. It's more than enough for my needs. Some things are like that I find....you can keep movin' on without having to change !! Well, don't wanna sound like the ad man's favourite puppy.....and I can't remember where I first saw it......and never a crash!

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 5th Apr, 2010 02:05
@ mogs
OK sounds like a plan...we'll just wait and see what PSI does.

Nice to visit with you... we'll see if anyone else chimes in.....

Cheers
bjm-
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 6th Apr, 2010 10:51
Hello again bjm !
Good news.....ran a scan just now and Foxit 3.2.1.4101 is showing up in Patched progs. All our fears and anxieties were groundless !! There's got to be a little room for some exageration !!! Ha ! Best wishes

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401 not in patched programs
Member 6th Apr, 2010 12:03
Hi,

This is now fixed, and was caused by Foxit changing the capitalization of some of their file info.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 6th Apr, 2010 16:12
@ mogs
Yes, our wayward Foxit has returned. All has been set right. The sky is not falling. I will sleep easier now.... some anxious moments! ;-)
Secunia fixed...Thanks!

Regards
bjm-
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+