xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Program says that it has fixed the Adobe 9.x threat but hasn't.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
ray_parker Program says that it has fixed the Adobe 9.x threat but hasn't.
Member 9th Apr, 2010 02:44
Ranking: -1
User Since: 8th Apr, 2010
System Score: N/A
I have run the program several times, scanning each time, on different bootups, and even though it has applied the solution and said that it is now fixed, the next time I scan, it shows the same problem. It doesn't fix the problem, only says it has.

--
Ray

TiMow RE: Program says that it has fixed the Adobe 9.x threat but hasn't.
Dedicated Contributor 9th Apr, 2010 11:50
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
Hi all

@ Anthony Wells - good to see that you're still around, and haven't sought early retirement.

Thanks for asking the obvious re. product clarification, and subsequently supplying relevant information.

I'm rushing around at the moment, doing an impression of Capability Brown (spring has sprung), and just looking here from time to time - sometimes missing the obvious.

@ ray_parker

Sorry I didn't clarify your requirements, and then supply the wrong information - less haste, more speed.

Interested to read you have a background in computers - I also remember playing around with Basic. And with your experience I wouldn't let age be a deciding factor in ironing out your problems - I agree it's sometimes hassle, but help and support can always be sought here. They are several "experienced" (dare I say mature) contributors).

There are many of us here, still happily running XP, and I for one will probably only change when I require new hardware.

This was a reply for your on-going thread, but whilst I've been writing this, I see you've accepted Anthony's solution and closed the thread, so as you have another thread open, I'll tag onto that, with the hope you (and Anthony) will find it, and take the risk of other readers finding it irrelevant.

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Program says that it has fixed the Adobe 9.x threat but hasn't.
Expert Contributor 9th Apr, 2010 16:38
Score: 2418
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hello again Ray and TiMow ,

I am told and so believe that we don't get older , we get slower .

My fire breathing hare is relentless tortoise now :) hope it doesn't become a slug :((

Take care
Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ray_parker RE: Program says that it has fixed the Adobe 9.x threat but hasn't.
Member 9th Apr, 2010 17:18
Score: -1
User Since: 8th Apr 2010
To both of you: I appreciate the comeback and assistance. You said something about firebreathing and it brought a placard we have posted here at the house to mind:

"DONT meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with Ketsup."

He He He TKS, Ray

--
Ray
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability