Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: ADobe Flash Player 9.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Nebuchadnezzar1 ADobe Flash Player 9.x
Member 19th Apr, 2010 16:28
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th Apr, 2010
System Score: 100%
Hello,
I just installed the PSI software yesterday and performed my first scan where it told me that I had a security threat for the above entitled topic. I recently had to reset my laptop (Dell 1525 Inspiron) back to factory settings and recently installed version WIN 10,0,45,2 which is the latest version. I know this because I did the Flash player version test. Yet I'm confused as to how the PSI software says I have version 9! Any ideas as to how I can rectify this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and good day

--
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing -- that's why we recommend it daily!

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you!”

If you think twice before speaking once, you will speak twice the better for it.”

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too can become great.”

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they MAKE them.”

Post "RE: ADobe Flash Player 9.x" has been selected as an answer.
gjjean RE: ADobe Flash Player 9.x
Contributor 19th Apr, 2010 17:20
Score: 192
User Since: 9th Apr 2010
@ Nebu...

in PSI interface click on advanced then click in the + sign to expand and see
where the vulnerability resides , from there you can remedie your score .

wish you luck

--
HP pavilion DV6
Win 7 64bit - SP1
IE10 + MSSE4.3.215
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Nebuchadnezzar1 RE: ADobe Flash Player 9.x
Member 19th Apr, 2010 17:43
Score: 0
User Since: 19th Apr 2010
Hi gjjean,
Thanks for the suggestion! I see why PSI is harping on Adobe. 9.x. It's referring the version in Internet Explorer. I don't use IE, I use Firefox where I saw version 10 of Flash Player that I was telling you about. I haven't used IE period since I discovered Firefox which is why both IE and Flash are outdated and I have no intention of updating them because I have no use for them. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Talk to you later

--
People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing -- that's why we recommend it daily!

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you!”

If you think twice before speaking once, you will speak twice the better for it.”

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too can become great.”

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they MAKE them.”
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TiMow RE: ADobe Flash Player 9.x
Dedicated Contributor 19th Apr, 2010 18:06
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 19th Apr, 2010 18:08
Hi Nebu....

Try this.

I've cut and pasted from something I've given as a reply in the past to solve this issue. I haven't edited it, so some you may already know, and some you may not require.

Quote:

The latest versions are:

Adobe Flash Player 10.x ..... 10.0.45.2 (ActiveX), for IE, and 10.0.45.2 (NPAPI) for other browsers (eg Firefox).

It may be, that even if you have the latests version, there are still parts of the old version(s) remaining, which PSI is reporting. You must uninstall Flash every time before you update, using an Adobe uninstall download.

It is probably best to start again. Download and run Adobe uninstall Flash from here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Re-boot and re-scan PSI to ensure nothing of flash remains.

Download and install latest version:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

You have to install the latest version 2x. Once using IE, and once using another browser (if you use multiple browsers).

Re-boot and re-scan PSI one more time, and hopefully this will do it.

One further thing to add: close all programs that use flash, before starting the uninstall - this includes PSI. Right click on the tray icon (bottom right of screen) and exit here. Even if you don't use IE - PSI does - and you need flash (ActiveX) to be installed (and up to date for security reasons) on IE, if you want to see the graphics on the PSI page.

Unquote.

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 19th Apr, 2010 18:25
Hi TiMow,
I downloaded the Uninstall program you provided. My question to you is will this uninstall Flash for both Firefox and IE? I don't want to uninstall Firefox Flash if I don't have to. Especially since PSI was reporting Flash in IE and not Firefox.

--

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 19th Apr, 2010 18:35
Hi Again TiMow,
Please disregard my previous post. I did what you suggested and PSI now reports that I am 100% in the clear. Thank you and everybody here for your help, and for your quick response time. I must say I am impressed! Most of the other forums I have joined never responded to my initial queries so quickly after I joined. They would respond after 3 days minimum or a week max.

Thanks again and good day

--

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability