Secunia CSI7
Advisories
Research
Forums
Create Profile
Our Commitment
PSI
PSI API
CSI
OSI
xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: trial limit / scan failures

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
stephanvanhienen trial limit / scan failures
Member 21st Apr, 2010 17:44
Ranking: 0
Posts: 4
User Since: 21st Apr, 2010
System Score: N/A
Location: NL
Last edited on 21st Apr, 2010 18:00

It looks like the csi trial is limited to scan only 1 system.
Can you confirm this and is there a way to test csi with some more systems ?

I discovered I can scan more machines after deleting the scan results, but I'm still getting 'Scan Status: Failed' on some machines when Results: Hosts is empty.

From the logfile :

[04/21 17:57:29.861] CSI in Focus, fast sync initiated: 5000
[04/21 17:57:29.861] Cleared syncTimerID: 3405060
[04/21 17:57:29.861] Forced sync: undefined
[04/21 17:57:38.096] Performing remote scan of host: <machinename>
[04/21 17:57:38.627] Generating results
[04/21 17:57:38.627] Submitting results
[04/21 17:57:39.627] Scan complete
[04/21 17:57:39.721] CSI Not in Focus, slow sync initiated: 180000
[04/21 17:57:40.096]
#4000(CF)()
#4001(CF)(2)
#5001(S)()
#5002(S)()
#5015(S)()
#5003(S)()
#5004(S)()
#5014(S)()
#5007(S)()
#5008(S)()
#5009(F)()
! -> ##W53:The network path was not found.
#4003(S)()
#5017(S)()

But I can connect to \\<machinename>\c$ without issues.
Or is this also something being limited by the trial edition ?

Post "RE: trial limit / scan failures" has been selected as an answer.
stephanvanhienen RE: trial limit / scan failures
Member 26th Apr, 2010 14:26
Score: 0
Posts: 4
User Since: 21st Apr 2010
System Score: N/A
Location: NL
any hints ?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
-0

taffy078

RE: trial limit / scan failures
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
Anthony Wells RE: trial limit / scan failures
Expert Contributor 26th Apr, 2010 21:51
Score: 2434
Posts: 3,317
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A
Location: N/A

Hello Stephan ,

If you still need help concerning CSI , I would suggest you email direct to csc@secunia.com or contact your customer representative .

Hope this helps
Anthony

--


It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
-0
stephanvanhienen RE: trial limit / scan failures
Member 27th Apr, 2010 10:10
Score: 0
Posts: 4
User Since: 21st Apr 2010
System Score: N/A
Location: NL
on 26th Apr, 2010 21:30, taffy078 wrote:
Hi Stephan.
I'm not a technical guy but I can tell you that CSI is for business use (= Corporate). If you want for home (Personal use) you need PSI.
I don't know for sure but I imagine CSI allows one trial scan then = pay, but PSI is free.


Why do you think I'm posting this in the csi forum ?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
-0
stephanvanhienen RE: trial limit / scan failures
Member 27th Apr, 2010 10:12
Score: 0
Posts: 4
User Since: 21st Apr 2010
System Score: N/A
Location: NL
on 26th Apr, 2010 21:51, Anthony Wells wrote:
If you still need help concerning CSI , I would suggest you email direct to csc@secunia.com or contact your customer representative .


Hi Anthony,

Already did this and I got a phonecall yesterday.
I'll get a productdemo today.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
-0
taffy078 RE: trial limit / scan failures
Contributor 27th Apr, 2010 10:27
Score: 408
Posts: 1,322
User Since: 26th Feb 2009
System Score: 100%
Location: UK
on 27th Apr, 2010 10:10, stephanvanhienen wrote:
Why do you think I'm posting this in the csi forum ?


Sorry Stephan - I can't tell if "new member" = novice or expert or in between.

I was only trying to be helpful. Quite a few new members have posted in the wrong forum, and I thought that if you had, you would have resolved the problem yourself, thus saving time for the experts here.

And, to be fair to me, I covered all the bases in my now-deemed-very unhelpful reply by saying
"if you are a home/personal user. Or wait for a technical guy".

Sorry for offending you and the others.


--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

Desktop: Compaq Presario (OEM) 32 bit / AMD Athlon / 2 GB RAM
XP Home - SP3/ IE8/ Norton IS - Secunia PSI v2.0.0.3003

Laptop: Win 7 / IE11 / PSI v2.0.0.3003
Was this reply relevant?
+0
-1
iivarsson RE: trial limit / scan failures
Secunia Official 5th May, 2010 09:39
Score: 11
Posts: 41
User Since: 6th Oct 2009
System Score: N/A
Location: Copenhagen, DK
Last edited on 5th May, 2010 09:41
on 21st Apr, 2010 17:44, stephanvanhienen wrote:
It looks like the csi trial is limited to scan only 1 system.
Can you confirm this and is there a way to test csi with some more systems ?

I discovered I can scan more machines after deleting the scan results, but I'm still getting 'Scan Status: Failed' on some machines when Results: Hosts is empty.

From the logfile :

[04/21 17:57:29.861] CSI in Focus, fast sync initiated: 5000
[04/21 17:57:29.861] Cleared syncTimerID: 3405060
[04/21 17:57:29.861] Forced sync: undefined
[04/21 17:57:38.096] Performing remote scan of host: <machinename>
[04/21 17:57:38.627] Generating results
[04/21 17:57:38.627] Submitting results
[04/21 17:57:39.627] Scan complete
[04/21 17:57:39.721] CSI Not in Focus, slow sync initiated: 180000
[04/21 17:57:40.096]
#4000(CF)()
#4001(CF)(2)
#5001(S)()
#5002(S)()
#5015(S)()
#5003(S)()
#5004(S)()
#5014(S)()
#5007(S)()
#5008(S)()
#5009(F)()
! -> ##W53:The network path was not found.
#4003(S)()
#5017(S)()

But I can connect to \\<machinename>\c$ without issues.
Or is this also something being limited by the trial edition ?



Hi,
When you sign up for a trial of the Secunia CSI, you are automatically assigned a license which enable you to scan one host. If you wish to increase that or get in contact with a sales representative, please send an email to sales@secunia.com

Best regards
Isak

This thread has been marked as locked.


 Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company
 
 Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom


 
© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability