Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Sun Java 6 Update 20

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
krw Sun Java 6 Update 20
Member 23rd Apr, 2010 15:14
Ranking: 0
User Since: 5th Jul, 2009
System Score: N/A
PSI does not see Java version properly. Java 6 Update 20 is version installed. PSI still views as Java 6 Update 19 which was completely removed from system before installing update 20. Again, for a program offering critical information it is wrong far too often!

KRW

TiMow RE: Sun Java 6 Update 20
Dedicated Contributor 23rd Apr, 2010 17:05
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 23rd Apr, 2010 17:10
Hi krw

I had a similar problem and posted the following thread at the beginning of this week - it's a bit long winded and intended only as a reference, if required:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/404...

The long and short of it is that I wasted a lot of time uninstalling, reinstalling old versions and letting them self-update.

The only difference with your issue is that PSI is reporting u.19. You should look in add/remove to check that u.20 is correctly installed, then open folder option from toolbox for u.19, and delete the file. Alternatively some users recommend both Revouninstaller or Javara to completely remove traces of old Java - I have, as of yet, not used either.

What finally solved my problem was to uninstall PSI v.1.5.0.0. from add/remove and fresh install v.1.5.0.1.

If like me, you are still using the older version, you should try this, as Secunia were fiddling around (updating) PSI, last Fri., about the time I updated Java.

Hope this helps, and saves you a bit of time.

TiMow

EDIT: PSI only correctly reported Java (for me) after a reboot and re-scan.

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability