Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: SPI lists service pack two as insecure

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Microsoft
And, this specific program:
Microsoft Windows Vista

This thread has been marked as locked.
dedet SPI lists service pack two as insecure
Member 2nd May, 2010 22:59
Ranking: 0
User Since: 23rd Aug, 2009
System Score: 95%
I have had service pack two installed for months and now all of a sudden it comes up as not installed and or insecure. I'm running Vista ultimate with service pack 2 and its 32 bit. I've read the form threads that seem to pertain to this problem and have not found a solution. On talked about an update KB-960859 but that is for XP. Ive rebooted countless times ran scans just as many, and read and searched for answers for a period of two weeks. I'm frustrated now, I want my 100% secure score back and to be rid of this issue. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards to all

--
Darell

Vista Ultimate Sp 2 Build 6002
AMD Atholn 64 X2 5200+ 2.60 Ghz
4.00 GB RAM
32-bit OS

mogs RE: SPI lists service pack two as insecure
Expert Contributor 3rd May, 2010 00:02
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Evening dedet.
As you say...you've done lots of reading....some things may be relevant, and others less so ?
Are you using Secunia psi in Advanced mode ? If you click on the + sign alongside an insecurity, it expands to reveal further info: can you post the file path shown, and confirmed when you click on Tech Details ?
Are you using the up to date version of Secunia ?
Have you run Windows CHKDSK to verify consistancy ?
You probably are already aware that Secunia will detect old/insecure files even if still in the Recycle Bin ?
Do you use a Registry cleaner/scanner ?
The more information you can provide the better.....in fact, if you enter some constants in your profile and signature box....it will save you repeating them each time in later posts. Hope you find something of use.....regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+2
ddmarshall RE: SPI lists service pack two as insecure
Dedicated Contributor 3rd May, 2010 00:35
Score: 1208
User Since: 8th Nov 2008
System Score: 98%
Have you tried uninstalling PSI and reinstalling it? Some users have found this fixes similar problems that were caused by a problem with the Secunia servers 2-3 weeks ago.

--
This answer is provided “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
dedet RE: SPI lists service pack two as insecure
Member 3rd May, 2010 01:08
Score: 0
User Since: 23rd Aug 2009
Yes a fine evening Mogs,
Thank you for the interest. To answer some of your questions - some are relevant and I have pursued them to no a vale. But truthfully mostly not so relevant. I do run in advanced mode. When I expand the menu the installation path is listed as N/A and in the toolbox section the solution wizard is unavailable (grayed out) as well as the open folder and ignore program. If i go to the download solution button it take me to the windows update page and it states that I'm all tidy and up to date. My PSI v1.5.0.0 and the recycle bin is empty although I was not aware that Secunia could or wood detect them in it I just keep it empty as a matter of course. I use Auslogics registry cleaner and defrag about once a month as well as the disk defrag. I have not run CHKDSK Is quite some time but perhaps I should, and will soon to see it that turns up anything. This hole issue is ruffing me up.

Thank you for the ideas Mogs

--
Darell

4.00 GB RAM
32-bit OS
Was this reply relevant?
+0
dedet RE: SPI lists service pack two as insecure
Member 3rd May, 2010 01:12
Score: 0
User Since: 23rd Aug 2009
Hello ddmarshall,

I have not but will because the time line of two to three weeks fits. Thank I'll give it a go and get back and post the result in the morning.

thank you

--
Darell

4.00 GB RAM
32-bit OS
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability