Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Installed Patch but still shows threat

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe AIR 1.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
rockhound Installed Patch but still shows threat
Member 9th Jun, 2010 13:45
Ranking: 0
User Since: 9th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
Where do you find a place where it will tell you exactly how to fix a threat instead of all this talk that doesn't say how to fix or where to find the fix. I have run the patch twice and still get the same threat. I am running IE 8 and windows 7. I don't think that I have a problem even though the scan says I have. Since the patch doesn't work, then there must not be a problem unless there is a problem in the scanning program. Scan still shows a threat after installing the patch.

Would like a simple answer to fix this problem that I will be able to understand.

--
rockhound

TiMow RE: Installed Patch but still shows threat
Dedicated Contributor 9th Jun, 2010 18:31
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
Hi rockhound

There may not be such a place to which you're referring - so here's a bit more talk, which may or may not help.

Some updates don't always clear out all or some of the previous versions' files installed on your PC. Adobe software is known for this - although I don't recall problems with Air personally.

PSI will still find this old insecure version files and report them, even if you have updated to the new version.

Try the following:

You need to use PSI on the Advanced mode interface - click "Advanced" on top right of PSI window, then "OK". Along the top is a series of tabs.

Firstly, to check if Adobe Air is correctly updated/patched, go to the tab "Patched" and click - here is a list of all your patched programs.

Scroll down to Adobe Air1.x, and for the version number, you should see 1.5.3.9130 - if you have already updated to the latest up to date version.

Now click the tab "Insecure" (red lettering, when there's a problem). The old Air file should be listed here. On its left is "[+]" - click on this to reveal toolbox icons, then find "Open Folder" and click this.

This takes you to the location of the old Air file. You should see both the up to date version no. (1.5.3.9130) and the old version no. Make sure the old version no. is highlighted, right click, then delete.

This now goes to recycle bin, where you probably need to further delete it (as PSI also reports its contents). Reboot your PC and full re-scan PSI - this should now resolve this problem.

Hopefully this may help.

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Installed Patch but still shows threat
Expert Contributor 9th Jun, 2010 18:34
Score: 2434
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 9th Jun, 2010 18:35
Hello rockhound ,

You can search for threads relating to your problem , using the search facility at the top of the "Programs" sub-forum ; the link is in blue inthe left hand column of this page - under forum (in black) . Here's one to start with :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/441...

The latest version of AIR is 1.5.3.9130 .

Using PSI in "advanced" (use the link upper right on any of your PSI pages) you will see this version in the "patched" tab . If you have an older version it will show in the "insecure" tab .

If you have just one version in "insecure" ten update as suggested in the thread i mentioned earlier .

If you have two versions - one patched and one insecure - what is the version number and "installation path" of the insecure one . You can see more details of the problem by clicking on the [+] at the left end of the program and the "program page" will expand .

If anything is not clear , feel free to ask again .

Take care
Anthony

EDIT : posting crossed with that of @TiMow

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TiMow RE: Installed Patch but still shows threat
Dedicated Contributor 9th Jun, 2010 18:39
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
A failed edit crossed with post by @Anthony Wells

If you still have problems the see the following link:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403150.html#removin...

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability