Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: scan still shows 0

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
earlyfancystitches scan still shows 0
Member 15th Jun, 2010 17:19
Ranking: 0
User Since: 15th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
I'm glad the person who posted first in the previous thread is now functioning OK, but I posted, too and still don't have a solution. No one answered my questions so I will start again.

The solution offered worked on my XP3 laptop after I ran CCleaner to remove all remains of Secunia. That nice software does not work on my Win 7 64-bit desktop. 1.5.0.2 installed fine on Friday on the desktop. It uninstalls fine but once it in on, the scans takes quite some time and then find nothing. The Secunia menus across the top are only three choices under the Win 7 install while on the XP there are 10.

I ran the Check sum software on both machines and Secunia disappeared from the desktop.

Is there a siimple software program I can use to clean up the desktop so Seconia will work again?

EarlyI

Post "RE: scan still shows 0" has been selected as an answer.
Anthony Wells RE: scan still shows 0
Expert Contributor 15th Jun, 2010 17:53
Score: 2445
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 15th Jun, 2010 18:00
Hello Early1 ,

The 3 tabs showing suggest you are in "simple" mode , while the 10 tabs are found in "advanced" mode . The scan information/display for the two modes is very different .

You can use the two links at the top right of any PSI page to change between the two modes . The link is "black" for the mode you are in ; the "blue" link will select the other mode .

Does this help you .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+5
fancystitches RE: scan still shows 0
Member 16th Jun, 2010 02:41
Score: 0
User Since: 15th Jun 2010
Switching to Advanced allowed me to actually get a report.

It showed several interesting things including some insecure files that did not want to be updated. I finally figured out that when Win 7 Ultimate was installed on my HP Vista machine (a nightmare that took three attempts with much advice from HP), everything that had been on the C drive is now in things like windows.old. I was able to manually remove the out-of-date files.

That makes Secunia happy but I have experienced a day of blue screens for which I have not figured out a cause. The Win 7 install was supposed to have upgraded Vista so Iwould have access to the software I already have but I had to reinstall everything. The old stuff is still here but Win 7 Start>Programs or Control Panel can not see it.

Has Secunia given up calling IE8 and Safari insecure?

Early I
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: scan still shows 0
Expert Contributor 16th Jun, 2010 15:57
Score: 2445
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hello Early I ,

Glad you could/can find and delete the recalcitrant folders/files from Widows.old .

As you are still having BSOD problems :(( , you will need to hang on to the "old" folder until you are back up to speed . The "old" folder can be confusing for you and PSI ; when you are up to speed you might want to delete it/them .

All programmes show under the "patched" tab if/when all available patches are applied ; any browser with an outstanding vulnerability (in itself or a plug-in) which has no solution/patch is shown as such in the "secure browsing" tab ; this (today) applies to IE and Firefox - don't know about Safari ; currently , the test PSI version 1.9.0.0 has a "bug" which makes the display unclear .

Hope that is clear . Let us know if we can help with anything else .

Anthony.

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer