Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Which Browser

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
neveready4 Which Browser
Member 19th Jun, 2010 08:18
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
Everytime I click on the solution button, I get a popup stating Unable to locate appropriate browser for requested URL. I have not had this problem in the past. Any info wil be appreciated.

TiMow RE: Which Browser
Dedicated Contributor 19th Jun, 2010 08:57
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
Last edited on 19th Jun, 2010 18:07
This is a problem that has been reported twice in the recent past - the first time it was successfully resolved by following the information in the following link (suggested by Secunia Official) - for resetting default browser, in "Set Program Access and Defaults", from Start menu (or Add/Remove Programs).

http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/microsoftWindows...

Unfortunately the second instance is still unresolved, after following the same advice.

You see the threads concerned below:

The first is the older, successful one, with the second being (as of yesterday), still unresolved.

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/452...

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/453...

TiMow

EDIT: This thread was also posted today (06/19), and relates (in part) to the same problem. As this seems to becoming a recurring problem, for a few now, it may be something that only Secunia can address and resolve - but not before Mon, CET.

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/456...

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
jonathancrogers RE: Which Browser
Member 27th Jun, 2010 15:43
Score: 0
User Since: 27th Jun 2010
I have a similar problem whenever I click on the download solution button. I get the same message "unable to locate an appropriate web browser for this URL" then clicking OK produces the following message "An error occurred while attempting to open the specified URL". I even get this when I try to access the forum - I have had to go into the main secunia website to access it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Secunia PSI v 1.5.0.2 and it makes no difference. Otherwise the program scans fine. My default and only browser is IE8, running on my laptop with Vista Home Premium 32 bit with 2Gb RAM.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+