Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: psi errors

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
All Threads

This thread has been marked as locked.
tango1 psi errors
Member 14th Jul, 2010 02:23
Ranking: 0
User Since: 12th Jul, 2010
System Score: N/A
psi found two security fails on my computer :
-for firefox it want me to upload version 3.6.4 instead of the 3.6.6 installed on my pc.
-for thunderbird it want to upload version3.0.5 instead of the 3.1 installed on my pc.
after multi analysis with same results, i do what it want, but both applications run on automatic updates and return to last versions, respectively 3.6. and 3.1.
i try others checker of security fails and none found something, always saying congratulations your computer is up-to date so, what the problem ?
tango

Maurice Joyce RE: psi errors
Handling Contributor 14th Jul, 2010 03:24
Score: 11312
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Where is PSI pointing out the errors?

FINDING A VULNERABILITY FILE PATH
=================================

To locate the exact file that the Secunia PSI has detected, use or switch to the ADVANCED interface, then :

1 Click on the + sign of the programme to "expand' it.
2 Click on Technical Details in the Toolbox to see the installation path of the detected file. (Copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CTRL+V) the Installation Path of the file back to the Forum if U are unsure what to do next.

Revision 2

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Anthony Wells RE: psi errors
Expert Contributor 14th Jul, 2010 20:17
Score: 2384
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hello tango ,

Versions 3.6.4 and 3.6.6 of Ff are secure and up to date as explained in this thread :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/467...

The same principle applies to the two versions of T'bird you mention (3.0.5 and 3.1) .

All four version # should appear under the PSI "patched" tab ; if , folowing Maurice Joyce's instructions (above) , you find any of these four programme versions in the "insecure" tab , you might want to join this tread where Secunia (as in Emil Petersen) are looking at a similar (reported) incident :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/474...

Let us know how you get on or ask again if you are unsure .

Take care
Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: psi errors
Member 15th Jul, 2010 08:42
Hi,

We have had some similar reports to what you are saying, though the last issue was fixed by the user rebooting and installing available updates (though it didn't quite "catch" at first). Please reboot, install any updates that become available, and repeat until there are not more updates. Then please run a full rescan with the PSI again.

If the problem is still occuring at this point, I'd like to help you find the cause. To futher examine the problem we need a debug log from you. To get this, I need you to follow the following steps. Please send the log to support@secunia.com, and do NOT post it here, as it contains sensitive information specific to you.

1) Close the PSI by right-clicking the issue and selecting Exit.
2) Press start, the run run, and enter "cmd"
3) In the command line window that appears, enter "cd "C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI""
(It is important that you surround the path with quotes it the command will fail.
4) Enter psi.exe --verbose --debug secunia.txt
5) The PSI will not run in debug mode. Please run a full scan, letting it finish, then terminate the PSI.

There will now be a file called secunia.txt in the folder C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI. Please email us this file, and we can examine the problem further. Please note that you may need to adjust C:\Program Files\ to a local variant of the same path
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Factsheets
Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability