Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Google Picasa 3x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Google
And, this specific program:
Google Picasa 3.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Donna_Secunia Google Picasa 3x
Member 24th Jul, 2010 18:52
Ranking: 0
User Since: 15th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
For the past nine weeks - after PSI scans my computer I continue to get message that this program is insecure and patch needs to be installed. Have done this several times and still get same message. (rescanning after each time with same results).

This usually only comes up when PSI scans automatically once a week - but not if I go through PSI website to run scan.

thedillpickl RE: Google Picasa 3x
Contributor 25th Jul, 2010 01:34
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi Donna_Secunia;

This is most likely caused by a file that's leftover after an update. Please, do the following. Post here with the version number and installation path of the insecure file.
=======
If not already, please run PSI in Advanced Mode.

To do this click on the PSI icon, in the system tray, to open the interface. In the top right corner, is "SIMPLE" blue in color and "ADVANCED" black? If not, click on "ADVANCED".

Click on the "Insecure" tab, click on the [+] to the left of the program in question.

In the "Toolbox" click on the "Technical details" icon. Listed under "Version Detected:" it shows the old version PSI is reporting. The "Installation Path" is where PSI is finding the old stuff.

To go there, click on the "Open Folder" icon. This will open the folder where the old file(s) is(are).
=======

on 24th Jul, 2010 18:52, Donna_Secunia wrote:
...This usually only comes up when PSI scans automatically once a week - but not if I go through PSI website to run scan.

If you run a scan 'online', the OSI (Online Software Inspector) is different than PSI (Personal Software Inspector). OSI is a limited scan and is possibly missing Picasa. Here is the product comparison supplied by Secunia: http://secunia.com/products/consumer/compare/

Regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer