Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Sleep then: Secunia PSI has stopped working

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
bjherbison Sleep then: Secunia PSI has stopped working
Member 28th Jul, 2010 12:59
Ranking: 0
User Since: 24th Jun, 2010
System Score: N/A
I regularly shut my laptop and open it later to find a message from Windows 7 saying "Secunia PSI has stopped working" and only options are various ways to stop the program.

Windows 7, fully patched. Secunia PSI V1.5.0.2.

The message is annoying, distracting me from why I opened the laptop.

mogs RE: Sleep then: Secunia PSI has stopped working
Expert Contributor 28th Jul, 2010 13:11
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
I very often put my Vista machine to sleep, but have never encountered your issue/problem with regard to psi. Are you sure the settings for configuring Secunia are correct ?

FAQ's at :-
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal... Any help ?

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
thedillpickl RE: Sleep then: Secunia PSI has stopped working
Contributor 28th Jul, 2010 18:51
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
Hi bjherbison;

Welcome to the Secunia forum.

Very bothersome, i'm sure.

I've never heard of this before. Mogs & I use a different OS than Win7, so it may have to do with the way your OS handles things. There have been issues with PSI on Win7 that have been resolved through Secunia.

If a Secunia Official doesn't appear here soon (they are in Denmark, so that would make it tomorrow), you might try reposting in a new thread. You are in the correct forum (PSI), however your "Topic" header is less descriptive. Might I suggest, "PSI stops working after Win7 sleep mode." I know that sounds similar, but the important thing is to mention Win7. Secunia has had to 'fix' things that have went wrong regarding Win7 (as said above).

Possibly you can sort it out yourself with mogs' link to FAQ.

Regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+2
bjherbison RE: Sleep then: Secunia PSI has stopped working
Member 30th Jul, 2010 00:04
Score: 0
User Since: 24th Jun 2010
System Score: N/A
Thanks for the suggestions, but I didn't see anything useful in the FAQ about configuring, and I can't find any configuration options in the UI.

I don't remember the install, but my standard practice is to take the defaults unless I have a strong reason to choose something else. (I've had problems in the past with programs assuming it was installed with default values, or that other programs are installed with default values. I ran into this at work yesterday "Is it installed on the C: drive?".)
Was this reply relevant?
+0
thedillpickl RE: Sleep then: Secunia PSI has stopped working
Contributor 30th Jul, 2010 02:53
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
Hi bjherbison;

There is not much to configure in PSI. In the "Settings" tab, it is a good idea to untick the "Easy to Patch" box and tick the other two (if not already). Language is self explanatory. Don't set any "Ignore Rules" unless needed.

If you've got the TP version, in the "Auto-Updates" tab, you can select programs you'd like PSI to auto update.

The PSI would normally install to C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI\ . You can use PSI to find where the listed software is installed. Go to the "Patched", "Insecure" or "End-of-Life" tab (depending on situation) and clicking the [+] to the left of the program. This opens the "Toolbox".

If another thread with Win7 in the "Topic" header doesn't work, you could try support@secunia.com .

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer