xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: How to make Smart PDF submission form work with TOR?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
ryan1414 How to make Smart PDF submission form work with TOR?
Member 29th Jul, 2010 11:52
Ranking: 0
User Since: 29th Jul, 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 29th Jul, 2010 11:53

One of my friends wants to make a submission in the following Smart PDF online submission form:

forms.australia.gov.au/forms/servlet/SmartForm.pdf ?formCode=ACF

But whenever he loads the url it opens Adobe acrobat reader which I assume will bypass TOR because the form requires Javascript to be enabled. The form will not submit unless javascript is enabled.

So how can my friend submit the adobe smart pdf form with javascript enabled while still being anonymous with TOR?

If it's not possible with TOR, what other free services could my friend use?

thedillpickl RE: How to make Smart PDF submission form work with TOR?
Contributor 29th Jul, 2010 17:10
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 29th Jul, 2010 17:10
Hi ryan1414;

Welcome to the Secunia forum.

I do not intend to be rude, but why the need for anonymity when filling out a government form? Sorry, I had to ask.

Most online forms have fields that you type entries into. It seems that this may be a downloadable form.

Adobe Reader is called to 'view' the document, that is why it is a reader and not an editor. Reader only coverts the .pdf file to an image on screen. It has nothing to do with Tor or Java scripts being passed or not.

Do you have Acrobat or is this the smart PDF program you refer to? http://www.smartpdfeditor.com/ It appears to be a PDF editor. Possibly you have something else? You should try disabling the Reader and let you PDF editor open the file when downloaded.

It is up to the site you downloaded from as to whether you may upload the completed form or not. If Tor has to be disabled, I do not see a problem.

If all else fails, download form & print. Fill it out and affix the proper postage. :)

Regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+2
ddmarshall RE: How to make Smart PDF submission form work with TOR?
Dedicated Contributor 29th Jul, 2010 19:27
Score: 1208
User Since: 8th Nov 2008
System Score: 98%
Last edited on 29th Jul, 2010 19:35
I think that it is Javascript in Adobe Reader rather than the browser which needs to be enabled. I don't see that this would cause a problem with TOR, but I'm no expert.
Adobe Reader > Edit > Preferences > Javascript

There could be a problem with certificates. He may have turn of some of the security settings.

@Fred

There is a little used facility in Adobe Reader that allows you to fill out a form. I think Javascript needs to be enabled in Reader for it to work. The one time I had to use it, the site made me print out the form and mail it at the end anyway. It would have been quicker with a pen!

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Reader/9.0/index.html

--
This answer is provided “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it.
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Contributor 29th Jul, 2010 21:32
Last edited on 29th Jul, 2010 21:40
Hi ryan1414;

I apologize for being unaware of Adobe Readers ability to complete an online form.

on 29th Jul, 2010 19:27, ddmarshall wrote:
... @Fred

There is a little used facility in Adobe Reader that allows you to fill out a form. I think Javascript needs to be enabled in Reader for it to work. ...

Thank you for pointing out. I did not know Reader could do that. It could be possible Reader does pass Java script to 'complete' the form. Have used Foxit to complete forms, also made me print out. Kind of makes me think no upload occurs and only changes to form are local, unsure.

Thanks;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ryan1414 RE: How to make Smart PDF submission form work with TOR?
Member 30th Jul, 2010 05:12
Score: 0
User Since: 29th Jul 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 30th Jul, 2010 05:14
does anyone know if I can extract the email address that the form is submitted to? There is a "submit" button at the bottom of the form here:

https://forms.australia.gov.au/forms/servlet/Smart...

Can anyone tell me the email address?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 31st Jul, 2010 21:52
Last edited on 31st Jul, 2010 21:57
Hi ryan1414;

Sorry to leave you hanging, I had pressing business and thought you were finished.

The PDF reader I use wouldn't display the form at the link you provide.

on 30th Jul, 2010 05:12, ryan1414 wrote:
does anyone know if I can extract the email address that the form is submitted to? ...Can anyone tell me the email address?

I do not believe the form would be submitted to an e-mail address, but rather uploaded directly to the originators server. If so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Loca... will explain where the upload is sent.

http://domains.whois.com/domain.php?action=whois will show the actual server address.

http://www.webtoolkit.info/javascript-url-decode-e... will explain how the upload is sent.

If the site the form is found on has support or contact information, that would be the way to go.

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability