Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: SRWare Iron

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
tgmct SRWare Iron
Member 5th Aug, 2010 10:28
Ranking: 1
User Since: 3rd Aug, 2010
System Score: N/A
This application is detected by PSI, but PSI does not recognize it as a web browser so it does not appear in the secure browsing tab. In reality this application is a clone of Google's chrome browser but with the intrusive tracking and logging privacy issues removed.

mogs

RE: SRWare Iron
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
tgmct RE: SRWare Iron
Member 5th Aug, 2010 18:03
Score: 1
User Since: 3rd Aug 2010
This is not beta or development software.
Was this reply relevant?
+1

mogs

[+]
Member 5th Aug, 2010 21:22
I'm not sure where you have received your information... SRWare Iron has been in production for well over a year and I'm unaware of any stability issues. In fact I've suggested it to a number of my clients who like Google Chrome but really don't like Google's collection of information that can be tracked back to a user and is sold routinely to other third parties. Chrome is open source and Iron simply takes that source and removes the tracking aspects and repackages it.

SRWare Iron is already recognized by PSI. The issue is that it is not currently classified as a web browser, so the additional security functionality of that tab is not applied or displayed. My purpose for this thread is for Secunia to recognize this also and add it to the Secure Browsing tab. I suspect it should be relatively simple where it otherwise handles other third party modules identically as Google Chrome; it's using the same source functionality.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

mogs

[+]
thedillpickl RE: SRWare Iron
Contributor 6th Aug, 2010 06:04
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi tgmct;

Welcome to the Secunia forum.

Thank you for taking an interest it PSI and it's ability to monitor this browser.

> The first thing to do is report Iron by going to the "Secure Browsing" tab, at the bottom left, click on "Program missing? Suggest it here!".
> If no response after a week or so, try e-mailing directly to support@secunia.com

Secunia has been very concerned that PSI works correctly and accurately. This is amazing as CSI (the paid for version) must require the greater attention.

Regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 6th Aug, 2010 08:14
I've sent along the support request from the secure browsing tab as you requested. I've tagged the request also.

Thanks, Tim
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability