Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: uninstalling 1.5.0.0

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
picturevalve uninstalling 1.5.0.0
Member 5th Aug, 2010 12:12
Ranking: 0
User Since: 5th Aug, 2010
System Score: N/A
I'm sure there's a thread for this, but I can't find it! I'm still trying to update to the new secunia but it keeps going round in circles- the old 1.5.0.0 can't be deleted as the uninstall part is missing. Is the old version 1.5.0.0 install package available so I can re-install in order to uninstall?

Post "RE: uninstalling 1.5.0.0" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: uninstalling 1.5.0.0
Expert Contributor 5th Aug, 2010 12:41
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
Have you tried installing the latest version from here :- http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal
Or version 1.5.0.1 from here :-
ftp://ftp.secunia.com/PSISetup1501.exe
There is also an Auto- Update version available from here :-
http://secunia.com/PSISetupAUTP.exe
In all cases it's usual, I think, that when installing, if Secunia finds a previous version it will uninstall it. Are you saying that is not working, or that you are trying to remove/delete by other means ?
You might find the FAQ's worth checking thro' at some time also :-
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
Hope this is of some help........regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
picturevalve RE: uninstalling 1.5.0.0
Member 5th Aug, 2010 13:34
Score: 0
User Since: 5th Aug 2010
The old 1.5 wouldn't uninstall as windows couldn't access the uninstall file, so the new installation kept going round in circles of trying to uninstall and then trying to install the new package. I've just gotten around the problem by uninstalling the old 1.5 in safe mode, it worked and I've now installed the latest 1.5.0.2. The only question remaining is why secunia couldn't uninstall itself?
Thanks for the help.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: uninstalling 1.5.0.0
Expert Contributor 5th Aug, 2010 19:55
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Not at all sure of the answer to the mystery remaining.....you havn't answered my questions in their entirety nor completely. Personally, unless I know there is a tried 'n tested...proven method....I usually uninstall using Revounstaller; which scans for left-over files after uninstall. The fact that you hadn't updated sooner/earlier, may mean that other matters needed some attention also.
You havn't included any information with regard to what your OS is.....maybe that needs looking at ?
Are you now using psi with the Advanced interface(?).....if not, you will gain access to more info if you do.....see Simple/Advanced top right of psi panel.
Have you now checked thro' the FAQ's ( link provided earlier); to make sure IE is configured correctly ?
If you are now satisfied; I'm glad that it's sorted for you. Could you lock the thread by pressing Accept and prevent either of us from receiving further e-mails please ?

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
picturevalve RE: uninstalling 1.5.0.0
Member 5th Aug, 2010 20:41
Score: 0
User Since: 5th Aug 2010
on 5th Aug, 2010 19:55, mogs wrote:
I usually uninstall using Revounstaller; which scans for left-over files after uninstall.

Revo couldn't do it either.

The fact that you hadn't updated sooner/earlier, may mean that other matters needed some attention also.

I couldn't update from day one - there was a thread about this problem some weeks back but I couldn't find it.

You havn't included any information with regard to what your OS is.....maybe that needs looking at ?

Xp sp3, but that is fine.

Are you now using psi with the Advanced interface(?)

Always have done.

Have you now checked thro' the FAQ's ( link provided earlier); to make sure IE is configured correctly ?

I don't use IE, I keep the executable in the recycle bin.

Thanks for the suggestions, as I said I eventually uninstalled via safe mode as the uninstall file could not be accessed via windows or Revo or crapcleaner - don't know why - all after the original attempt to upgrade a few weeks ago when the new secunia could not get rid of the old one.
Best wishes.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer