xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: How are you supposed to know when 'beta' TP is updated?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
ottchris-primary How are you supposed to know when 'beta' TP is updated?
Member 12th Aug, 2010 14:14
Ranking: 5
User Since: 19th Apr, 2008
System Score: 100%
First my apologies if I missed something obvious! I'm currently running PSI v1.9.0.0 and though I'd check to see whether it had been updated as is often the case with beta code. Nothing stuck out in PSI 2.0 TP. Couldn't find anything in the original announcement thread (now closed) so went an looked at "Add PSI to the Auto-Update??" topic/thread and posts in there seemed to indicate there had been version changes, presumably discovered by downloading and installing the application using the link in the original announcement.

Now, I don't disagree with the position of not including an auto update facility for PSI itself but we need some sort of notification of a new beta/pre-release version, perhaps a sticky topic in this forum.

--

This user no longer exists RE: How are you supposed to know when 'beta' TP is updated?
Member 12th Aug, 2010 14:39
Hi,

The PSI only tracks insecure software, which is why we don't list our own software. Also, non-beta versions of the PSI should warn users when an update is available.

As for the TP, things may be a little sporadic. Most things we change immediately affect user systems, as the UI for the PSI is loaded over the network. Any critical changes, as well as the final release, will be announced.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
silvatek RE: How are you supposed to know when 'beta' TP is updated?
Member 17th Aug, 2010 11:19
Score: 11
User Since: 31st Aug 2008
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 17th Aug, 2010 11:23
I'd just like to agree with the OP. I was going to post some feedback regarding the beta version of PSI that I'm running, but version 1.9.0.2 may not be current any more. I'm not sure where to get the latest beta so I'll have to go hunting for it*. I'll stow my feedback issue until I know whether or not it's already been resolved.

Regards

*Edit: okay, I give up - where is the current beta download?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: How are you supposed to know when 'beta' TP is updated?
Expert Contributor 17th Aug, 2010 12:09
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Still give up ?? Here :-

http://secunia.com/PSISetupAUTP.exe

It should load 1.9.0.2 and show this version bottom left of any PSI page ; it will show as 1.9.0.1 in "about" and in the "patched" tab - unless things have just changed again .

Hope this helps.

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
silvatek RE: How are you supposed to know when 'beta' TP is updated?
Member 17th Aug, 2010 12:23
Score: 11
User Since: 31st Aug 2008
Cheers Anthony, but if 1.9.0.2 is still current then I'm up to date. So I'll post my issues with auto-updates doing nothing at all.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability