Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: For David (@taffy078); Re "vulnerabilities" sub-forum

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
Anthony Wells For David (@taffy078); Re "vulnerabilities" sub-forum
Expert Contributor 21st Aug, 2010 23:06
Ranking: 2454
User Since: 19th Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
David ,

Rather than clog up the SAP GUI thread , let me be clear here :-

In TiMow's thread , if you wish to know about the "vulnerability report" , it is mentioned several times and see my post of 02/06/2010 @ 17.08 CET :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/434...

I saw the SAP GUI post was in "Program" sub-forum and not in "vulnerabilities" before your post and so did not rush to post (busy) and came back after you had posted . I had seen your opening para before , but as today it was not only incorrect but confusing I decided to comment (un-asked for) on your wording - not my words ***

Concerning the "vulnerabilities" sub- forum that is at least 99% initiated by someone (non Secunia) posting comments to an SA .

***MY pretty standard wording - especially in the first paragraph - to a new poster to the Forum posting in the "vulnerabilities" thread is here (adapt para 2 and 3 for circumstance) ;-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/484...

or :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/440...

To be specific , I cannot find any instance of Secunia opening a thread to comment on a vulnerability in any sub-forum .

While we are here and thereabouts , your comment here re IE is not correct as such ;-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/521...

The PSI needs IE and it needs to be set correctly to function , as we know , setting it to default may be a step to help sort a problem ; otherwise you do not need IE set as default for the PSI to work ; my default is Ff and the PSI can and does select the one or other it needs , when it needs it . If I seem to be nit-picking it's not to prevent a poster's machine being wrecked , just trying to get some continuity and save poster's time - I know whereof I speak from my own careless experience .

In this case , I only have XP but I believe that the PSI needs to be run under an admin account in W7 ; could be the problem in the above case . You'll only know by checking and asking .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela

No one has replied to this thread yet - be the first
This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+