Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Questions for the PSI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
barbareska Questions for the PSI
Member 22nd Aug, 2010 11:10
Ranking: 2
User Since: 27th Jan, 2010
System Score: 100%
Hi - in every of the late scans you show me 3 unsafe programmes:
today it is the Kaspersky - 2x but I´ve "K" 9.0.0.736 and that is the latest one !
and VLC Media Player and even that is safe,
please explain me why I get such horror infos !
kind regards,
barbareska
PS sometimes it is also IE 8(?)

--
barbareska

Anthony Wells RE: Questions for the PSI
Expert Contributor 22nd Aug, 2010 15:12
Score: 2371
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

Hi Barbareska ,

I'm pretty sure that I have posted these instructions before , I've put them through Google translate for you .

The key to finding the cause of the problem is to get the "installation path/Installationspfad" (step 5) and then locate and open the folder causing the problem using the "open folder/verzeichnis offen" link in the "toolbox" (step seven).

So : To locate the old version files , here is some advice for using the PSI in "advanced" , it is not difficult to use and will help you greatly :-

You need to get the information using the advanced mode of the PSI - use the link in the top right corner of any PSI page .

It would be a shame not to try the "advanced" mode ; so here are some tips for "looking around" :-

Click on each/all the tabs and there is plenty of written advice about what each tab contains .

If a "problem" shows in the "insecure" or "end of life" tabs , then to help resolve any problem , here are some instructions to help you first of all get the best out of PSI :-

1)use PSI in "advanced" mode ;
2)in the "settings" tab make sure that the box in the first/upper section is NOT ticked in order to have the maximum info available ;
3)tell us in which "tab(s)" your problem programme is located ;
4)in that tab , click on the + in the box at the left end of the programme , the page will expand ;
5)in the expanded page , tell us what is written in the "installation path" ;
6)in the "toolbox" section , lower down , the link "technical details" should confirm the installation path details ;
7)click on the link "open folder" and you will see more details concerning the location of the "problem" .

Posting these details will help the Forum help you , if/when you have a problem .

Google German :)):-

So finden Sie die alte Version der Dateien Picasa2, hier einige Ratschläge für die Verwendung des PSI in "fortgeschrittenen", ist es nicht schwer zu bedienen und wird Ihnen sehr helfen: -

Sie müssen die Informationen mit dem erweiterten Modus des PSI - nutzen Sie den Link in der rechten oberen Ecke jeder Seite PSI zu erhalten.

Es wäre eine Schande, nicht zu den "Advanced"-Modus versuchen werden, so sind hier einige Tipps für "umzusehen": -

Klicken Sie auf jeden / alle Registerkarten und es gibt reichlich schriftliche Hinweise darüber, wie jeder Registerkarte enthält.

Wenn ein "Problem" zeigt in der "unsicheren" oder "end of life" Tabs, dann zur Lösung kein Problem, hier sind einige Hinweise, damit Sie zunächst das Beste aus der PSI: -

1) Verwenden Sie PSI in "Advanced"-Modus;
2) in der Registerkarte "Einstellungen" stellen Sie sicher, dass die Box in den ersten / oberen Teil angekreuzt ist, nicht, um die maximale Information zur Verfügung zu haben;
3) sagen uns, in der "Tab (s)" Ihr Problem Programm befindet;
4) In dieser Registerkarte klicken Sie auf das "+" in der Box am linken Ende des Programms, wird die Seite zu erweitern;
5) in der erweiterten Seite, sagen Sie uns, was in der "Installations-Pfad" geschrieben;
6) in der "Toolbox" Abschnitt weiter unten den Link "Technische Daten" sollte bestätigen Sie die Installation Pfad Details;
7) Klicken Sie auf den Link "Ordner öffnen" und Sie erhalten weitere Informationen über den Standort des "Problems" zu sehen.

Posting diese Details helfen dem Forum helfen Ihnen, falls / wenn Sie ein Problem haben.

You need to post the exact location details (in your most excellent English , please)- tab , path , etc. - of "K" x 2 and VLC .

In which "tab" is IE8 showing , it should be in "secure" and "secure browsing" will show as "Unsicher , ohne Losung" if it is as up to date as you can make it . If it is in the "insecure" tab , you need an M$ patch .

See how you go .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
barbareska RE: Questions for the PSI
Member 22nd Aug, 2010 17:50
Score: 2
User Since: 27th Jan 2010
Hi Anthony,
my God that was easy - only to set a mark in the setting and everything was allright and safe - :-)
something to laugh: Do you know what that means?
"wysiwyg" = what you see is what you get !
thank you very much and
regards, barbareska !

--
barbareska
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 24th Aug, 2010 11:24
Last edited on 24th Aug, 2010 12:34
Hi again Barbareska ,

OK , the week-end is over ; putting a "tick" in the "Nur Einfach-Zu-Aktualisierende Programme anzeigen" box gets you the lieblichen Secunia Elfen to clean and polish and make your PC shiny and new :))) but it's time to remove the "Klick" , rejoin the real world and tell us what a PSI full scan is showing .

Has "K" gone to the "patched" tab since you reinstalled ?? How many versions are being shown and where are they and which version is where ?? What about the VLC ??

Anthony

PS : for "wysiwyg" we also say "out of sight , out of mind" :))

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Aug, 2010 13:15
Hi Anthony,
1)I don´t know wether K hasgone to the patched tab since re-installing - the version they told me to install , was:
http://support.kaspersky.com/de/downloads/utils/ge...
besides I don´t know how many versions are being shown - I know only this one
2) VLC is allright
3) Scan is allright
4) I really would like to know where you come from - I cannot imagine where N/A is?
you know I am from Austria
that´s for today - have a good time, thanks for all,
regards barbareska

--
barbareska
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 24th Aug, 2010 16:35

Hi there ,

N/A means not Austria - nowhere else is as nice :))

Actually , I'm lurking deep in the South of France on the Med !! Very hot and sunny today , but I'll try to bear it :)

You reported 3 insecure programmes in your first post (above) ; just to sure , can I now take it that :-

1)you have "unticked" the box in the settings tab and the PSI in "advanced" mode is showing info for all programmes , however hard they are to update and

2)there are no programmes displayed in the "Unsicher" and "Veraltet" tabs to deal with and

3) you are back in the pretty PSI green and scoring 100% !!

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Aug, 2010 17:16
HI,
yes I´m back again on the safe side - I´m glad;
thank you for your infos -
regards barbareska !

--
barbareska
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Aug, 2010 17:18
PS: please forget the Google German - it is terrible; I do understand you almost everytime !
barbareska

--
barbareska
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 24th Aug, 2010 17:36

OK , that's good .

Google German is all I have :,-(( except for the "box/tab" names I copied from the German version of the PSI (hope they were correct) .

If you understand my English you are getting to be fluent , possibly with a North of England accent - my home town is near to Liverpool !!

Take care

Antony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 24th Aug, 2010 18:22
Hi,
when you play "hide and seek" and you are near the aim - you hear "hot" - well Liverpool is "hot" -because I stayed in Birmingham for 1 year but - you will laugh - I learned Oxford English - the Sir of this family worked in the British Council and spoke really good English,
regards barbareska

--
barbareska
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Factsheets
Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability