Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: [i]Updates[/i]

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as resolved.
top10 [i]Updates[/i]
Member 27th Aug, 2010 11:37
Ranking: 0
User Since: 15th Oct, 2009
System Score: 99%
Microsoft update, it should be so good but now I see big problems about microsoft framework programs updating. I canīt find them in controlpanel install/remove programs. I have looked at updates. Secunia says that I shall update them and Windows come with updates time after time. Every time I have finished the update it starts again. Microsoft NET Framework 2.0, Service pack 2, Secureupdate to Windows 2000Microsoft, Windows server 2003, Windows XP (KB974417) + Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework2.0 Secureupdate to Windows 2000, Windows server 2003 and windows XP x86 (KB979909

--
top 10

Post "RE: [i]Updates[/i]" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: [i]Updates[/i]
Expert Contributor 27th Aug, 2010 12:16
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
Could you please confirm what Operating System you are using....if XP, whether you have SP3 installed ?
What version of Secunia psi are you using ?
When you get to Programs and Features panel, or Add/Remove Progs; look for "View Installed Updates" on the left of the page. I'm using Vista, so it may be somewhat different.
If you start by answering my questions, a forum member may find it easier to help you.
To help you establish your position, it may be worth reading the FAQ's at :-
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal... And also :-

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

Hope it helps...........regards

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
top10 RE: [i]Updates[/i]
Member 27th Aug, 2010 14:11
Score: 0
User Since: 15th Oct 2009
on 27th Aug, 2010 11:37, top10 wrote:
Microsoft update, it should be so good but now I see big problems about microsoft framework programs updating. I canīt find them in controlpanel install/remove programs. I have looked at updates. Secunia says that I shall update them and Windows come with updates time after time. Every time I have finished the update it starts again. Microsoft NET Framework 2.0, Service pack 2, Secureupdate to Windows 2000Microsoft, Windows server 2003, Windows XP (KB974417) + Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework2.0 Secureupdate to Windows 2000, Windows server 2003 and windows XP x86 (KB979909

Hi Mogs!
Thanks for the answer.
WindowsXP PRO Service pack 3 Intel pentium 4 2800 mb. 1024 kb ram
Windows has now made these updates and I restarted the computer but few minutes it came again: there is updates to your computer!

--
top 10
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: [i]Updates[/i]
Member 27th Aug, 2010 14:18
Last edited on 27th Aug, 2010 14:18 Hi,

Some Microsoft Updates don't "kick in" before a reboot, and some take several rounds to install. Have you verified that it is the same patches being delivered again?

I suggest you try this procedure for patching:

1) Check Microsoft Update, install all critical/security patches.
2) Reboot
3) Repeat step one, repeat step 2 if anything was installed at this step
4) Run a full rescan with the PSI.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: [i]Updates[/i]
Expert Contributor 27th Aug, 2010 14:45
Score: 2454
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

Hello top 10 ;

I have had the same problem with the two M$ KB's you mention not being correctly installed and so being re-offered continuously by M$updates .

If you go to this thread and scroll down to my post of 12 Aug 2010 15.49 and the later ones , you will find links to other threads , all dealing with your problem in different ways ; you need to read through them to find the remedy which suits you :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/507...

If you need more advice , ask again .

Hope this helps .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 27th Aug, 2010 16:37
Hi E. Petersen!

I have tried to restart and the same happend again. Itīs the same update I shall download. After the download is finish I can set this box where it stands "the download is finished" on my desktop, then nothing happens. but if I restart it nearly comes at once. I have tried to scan in Secunia. I donīt understand where the updates are on my computer, because I have looked under updates in installed programmes; nothing. the last date I have found is the 20. of august.

--
top 10
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 27th Aug, 2010 17:17
Now I hope I have found the site from windows who say that the program cannot be installed because it shal uninstal the program before the new.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=951950 I have downloaded it and now i again install my updates

--
top 10
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 28th Aug, 2010 18:31
Last edited on 28th Aug, 2010 18:35
I still have the windows update on my processline but after look at microsoft update I saw an I by the updates. I pointed on them and a message said the updates was on the computer, all of them! Secunia still tell me that the Framework 2.0 and 3.0 still is unsecure but I canīt update them. Thank you for your time to answer me.

--
top 10
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+