Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
J.Balle Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Secunia Official 1st Sep, 2010 12:52
Ranking: 10
User Since: 25th Nov, 2008
System Score: N/A
We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) 2.0 Beta.

We hope you will take the opportunity to join the last part of the testing phase before Secunia PSI 2.0 goes "Final". By joining the beta you can help make the new Secunia PSI 2.0 a better product which hopefully will help millions of users securing themselves against the threat from having unpatched programs.

Read more in the official blog:
http://secunia.com/blog/123/

Download:
http://secunia.com/PSI2SetupBeta.exe

As you may have noticed we have updated the forum title from "PSI 2.0 TP" to "PSI 2.0 Beta", indicating that the Technology Preview period has ended and that the Secunia PSI 2.0 is in its Beta-stage.

We look forward to your feedback.

Leendert Kip Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 1st Sep, 2010 13:21
Score: 65
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
System Score: 100%
As usual for Secunia: this is a job well done. Upgrade to the new version went well and took only a few minutes. Thank you very much!

--
PC: JJ Computer Services
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
DDR3 Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 9
Mozilla Firefox 31NL

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 31NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
russraine RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 1st Sep, 2010 17:28
Score: 0
User Since: 30th Sep 2008
System Score: 97%
Looks nice, installed OK and the scan seemed to be much quicker.

No probs.

Win 7x64

--
Windows 7 x64
Core 2 Quad
4 Gigs Ram
1 Mouse
1 Keyboard
etc
Was this reply relevant?
+0
smurphdude RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Contributor 1st Sep, 2010 19:08
Score: 107
User Since: 13th Aug 2010
PSI 2 Beta displays the same behaviour/bug as 1.5.0.2 reported in http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/482...

Main window crashes on launch and tray icon disappears shortly afterwards.

XP SP3 box....let me know if you want any logs etc for this version.

Was this reply relevant?
+2
Anthony Wells RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Expert Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 01:01
Score: 2414
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hello Jakob ,

The new version has loaded and runs correctly on my XP SP3 OS like all previous versions - so my luck is holding .

I like the new lay out which (with time) should facilitate giving directions to users encountering problems and their subsequent posting of data to the Forum .

I like the fact that in "settings" you can enable "auto-updating" and then still deselect any/all programme(s) individually using it's "auto-update" selection [box] :))

I am most concerned , however , that there is no "secure browsing" info at all in this PSI , at least that I can find ; Firefox 3.6.8 is a Cat 4 threat for now - and likely a few more days - but there is nothing in the GUI to tell you about SA 41095 . If you expand the Ff programme and dig a bit you get a lead to SA 40720 which tells you everything is fine and dandy if you have version 3.6.8. Similarly no possibility of seeing if your add-ons are "insecure , no solution" - Flash ??

Many new users may query what the secure browsing info means , but in my opinion , better explain than have (not necessarily) blissful ignorance . I do hope you are considering including some kind of "secure browsing" data in the final version .

Thank you for the new version .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+97
RTdev Secunia PSI 2.0 Beta - (in)secure Browsing Info Disappeared
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 03:10
Score: 7
User Since: 27th Oct 2009
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 03:14
The (in)Secure Browsing info disappeared from the PSI 2.0 beta.
This is a regression from PSI 1.5.0.0, 1.5.0.1, 1.5.0.2

I am sad to see that Secunia PSI 2.0 has become only a patch-checker and is no longer more a vulnerability-checker

This tendency was still pointed out there: http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/297...
This is "FALSE SECURITY !!! ... again ...

Please, where can i find:
- PSI Version 1.9.0.0 Technology Preview (9th June 2010) and
- PSI Version 1.9.0.2 Technology Preview (21st July 2010)
Was this reply relevant?
+5
thedillpickl RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 03:28
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
It's new! It's shinny! I'm so confused!

Seriously though, it will take a bit of effort to learn to navigate. I'm sure a lot of effort was put into the new interface to make it more 'intuitive' (to steal another companies catchword). It's sure to be a hit with newcomers, as the old interface, while practical, looked old.

> Where is the "Open Folder" icon? I hope this is an oversight, as that was one of my favorite utilities. I would start PSI just to use it for other jobs beside updating. If available under "Insecure" or "End-of-Life" (I have neither, whew!), could you please also make it available under "Patched"? That would be great.
> Thank you for not removing the "Start the Secunia PSI on boot" check box. I need to run only when I want to use PSI, otherwise it is a pain on dial-up.
> Why is PSI only detecting drive C: ? Drive D: is a physical hard drive, installed internally and connected to my IDE bus at drive 1 position.
> Under "Results", in the "Install Solutions" column, the (AU) for auto update programs would be more noticeable if it were a different color. It would be very cool if it was one color (e.g. green) if already updated and a different color (e.g. red) if in the process of updating.

Love the "Need help with this program?" link, taking you to the correct search path! Even better, if more help is needed, "Create thread" puts the thread in the program forum with the correct info for the program in question!!! Now if you could only put something useful in the topic header (a joke).

Ditto for the "Trouble shoot report". I wish you could make it more noticeable, like a big sign next to it saying "This is important if you want help!" (another joke, sort of).

Wonderful job Secunia.

Congratulations;

Fred Stogsdill

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 03:48
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 03:56
on 2nd Sep, 2010 03:10, RTdev wrote:
... I am sad to see that Secunia PSI 2.0 has become only a patch-checker and is no longer more a vulnerability-checker ...

Hi RTdev;

In the thread you cite, Morten Hansen replied, "Generally speaking, the Secunia PSI should only report missing security patches, which can be resolved through the official means/patches available from the vendors. Thus in a scenario where a vulnerable version of the Adobe Flash Player is included in a third party program (or in this case, Adobe's own products), the Secunia PSI should as such not report them, until a general security patch (if required) is available from the vendor of the program distributing the Adobe Flash Player together with their software." Note: my highlights.

This has always (to my knowledge) been Secunia's policy and is considered good practice. The bad guys do not need help finding insecurities. Why would you want Secunia to make public the fact that a vulnerability exists when there is no fix? You may be able to discontinue use of a piece of software until the patch is made available. How about the ones who have to use the software, vulnerable or not, because their livelihood depends on it?

The incident you cite is Secunia fixing the way vulnerabilities are reported, not hindering that. So technically, Secunia has always been an available patch checker, used to report vulnerabilities that are fixable.

Regards;

Fred

p.s. @All, it is possibly to late to request that you reconsider giving negative scoring. Please consider that RTdev and I are discussing differing viewpoints about how PSI works. This is relevant to the subject.

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 04:06
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 04:07
on 2nd Sep, 2010 03:28, thedillpickl wrote:
... It's sure to be a hit with newcomers, as the old interface, while practical, looked old. ...

I forgot to mention this:

WHAT!? No more green, key lime pie?
Now we have only green Popsicles!
http://www.popsicle.com/Home.aspx

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ottchris-primary RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 04:20
Score: 5
User Since: 19th Apr 2008
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 04:29
[Note previously running 1.9.0.2 TP]

1. 2.0 Beta installs with Auto-Updates ON! Had to clean up after a broken a PSI auto install (under 1.9.0.x) so do *not* want auto-update on. I'm perfectly capable of scheduling installs, just need to be notified that I need to update. Hopefully, the next update will inherit my current configuration choices.

2. Quote from Settings [When enabled, the Secunia PSI will continuously monitor new program installations and removals. It will only notify you about these changes if the above setting ("Start the Secunia PSI on boot") is enabled. retrieving settings].

Why does enable program monitoring require start PSI on boot enabled? Or does the ambiguous text starting "It will only notify you" mean something else? (It certainly was the case with 1.9.0.x that I always learnt of security updates via other channels, rarely if ever from PSI without doing a scan.) I run a controlled start-up as I need to ensure that applications running scans run serially rather than concurrently. PSI *is* run at start-up but under the control of another application not Windows start up.

Also note the orphaned text after the period i.e. "retrieving settings".

3. I have applications installed in several partitions I don't recall having to specify drives in earlier versions (I could be wrong). 2.0 beta installed and ran initial scan with only C: Drive detected. Again as with Item 1 I trust my current configuration (I've ticked the relevant drives) will be inherited by the next upgrade.

Also note that 'drive letters' is two words not "driveletters".

4. Following the scan two apps were listed as requiring patched, Adobe Flash CS4 and Postgres. Although I haven't reported it before, with CS4 Flash it reverts to insecure after every 'global' scan, even though the Secunia suggested solution had been applied long ago. Rescan just CS4 Flash and it's reported as secure again. However, when I did that with 2.0 Beta, not only did CS4 Flash disappear off the Insecure list, so did Postgres. Something broken somewhere.

5. The ''hover description' against the # column (multiple instances) under Scan Results states "PSI assumes that a program is patched if one ore more of these instances are detected as "Patched"". What does that mean? What happens when multiple instances include both patched and unpatched versions? I had a number of those listed by 1.9.0.2 and they have disappeared in 2.0 beta! I fear that PSI is progressively being dumbed down. :-(

6. "Limit Results To:" selections do not seem to operate logically. For example, if I deselect "Patched" all the patched programs disappear and I am left with an empty list. The logical result would be for the list to include *both* patched and unpatched programs (and I know they exist on my system) to be listed if the 'Limit Results to Patched" is deselected.

Update. 7. One (probably more) programs have disappeared between 1.9.0.2 and 2.0 beta, Opera is one that sticks out.

That'll do to be going on with!

--
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 07:12
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 07:17
There is one issue: in this version I have to log in to the forum when I want to reply in a thread. After pressing the 'reply' button I get a small pop-up with Community Forum Login asking me for my user name and password. That was not so in the previous version. Any idea to solve this?

--
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 9
Mozilla Firefox 31NL

Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 31NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ott-group RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 12:53
Score: 1
User Since: 2nd Sep 2010
on 2nd Sep, 2010 07:12, Leendert Kip wrote:
There is one issue: in this version I have to log in to the forum when I want to reply in a thread. After pressing the 'reply' button I get a small pop-up with Community Forum Login asking me for my user name and password. That was not so in the previous version. Any idea to solve this?

Not ever having had a password I had to subscribe to this community and of course it wouldn't let me use my PSI username. So I am unable to update my earlier ottchris-primary post in this thread! :-(
Was this reply relevant?
+1
runrig RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 13:33
Score: 3
User Since: 29th Aug 2010
nice, got graphics now ;-)

I like it

--
heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Expert Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 14:15
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 14:20
Hello LK and ott ,

I am not sure that I understand ; the website of the Forum has not changed , I can come here direct in any browser - IE , Ff Ch and Ch + IE tab -and log-in with my user name and password - no pasword means no log-in to my knowledge/experience .

If I come here with a PSI 2.0 link , it opens the website in Ff - my default - and I use my master password to log-in ; I still need to confirm the log-in by clicking on the (now preset) "log in " button . If I don't confirm when I click on reply I get the little pop up box telling/letting me to sign in , this has been around on this website for some time now .

So , for me , nothing has changed between the PSI and the website connection/sign in with the Beta .

@ott ,

Are you saying you never had a PSI secunia profile or that you cannot recover your old one or that you never had a website /Forum profile ?? The PSI and the website profile should co-ordinate/reconcile your email and password at least if you want to link from the PSI direct . You now have two persona - it should be possible to get the old one back in use .

Or am I missing something ??

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 14:59
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 15:06
on 2nd Sep, 2010 14:15, Anthony Wells wrote:
Hello LK I am not sure that I understand ; the website of the Forum has not changed , I can come here direct in any browser - IE , Ff Ch and Ch + IE tab -and log-in with my user name and password - no pasword means no log-in to my knowledge/experience.

You are right. I also had the impression that the website of the forum wasn't changed at all. The following happens:
select Support Forum on left of dashboard
get textscreen about Forum
select Visit the Community Forum
entry to the Forum, all threads, which I can read
select a message to reply
select reply or quote button
get then login popup and can write a reply.

I have a valid Forum profile. This never happened before. It's a little irritating to have to fill in my id every time I want to write a reply. Any ideas to solve this?

--
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 9
Mozilla Firefox 31NL

Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 31NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 15:14
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 15:26
Hi Lk ,

What you describe is normal for me ; when I link from the PSI because my Ff (default browser) is set to remember the log-in/password details , they get pre-filled and I need to confirm with my masterpassword and also click the log-in button . If I cancel the "auto" log-in , I get the same situation as you .

When you get to the "All threads" page you can also choose at that time to log-in in the same place under the left hand column .

If you close your browser and reopen it , depending on your browser settings you may or not still be logged in if you reopen the window . Usually if you reboot or cold start , the log-in will be lost and I think Secunia have a (long) timed auto log out system .

Is that clearer now ??

Anthony

EDIT : are you saying that prior to this BETA , the link from the PSI to the website auto logged you into the Forum every time with no input from you ?? I ask as I tend to work on the Forum via a bookmark in Chrome for ease of reading , spellchecking etc .

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+2
mogs RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Expert Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 15:43
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 16:00
I like it ! Very neat, sharp and crisp ! Don't miss the Secure Browsing feature so much....and I've got the colour back on the dash without IE Flash !!

PS. If I'm already logged into the forum/browser open, and yet using the psi panel:
clicking on "Visit the Community Forum" takes me to the last page visited on the forum.
Clicking on it in other circumstance, launches the browser and takes me to All Threads where I have to log-in. That's with Chrome dev as default.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 16:11
Hi ottchris-primary & Leendert Kip;

I normally do not come into the forum through the PSI link. I have tested and I am automatically signed in when using that link.

Is it possible your info was not transfered into Secunia Community Profile? If this is not the problem Secunia will sort out.

Regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 16:34
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 16:39 Hi,

Thanks to everybody for your feedback and comments.

@smurphdude
on 1st Sep, 2010 19:08, smurphdude wrote:

PSI 2 Beta displays the same behaviour/bug as 1.5.0.2 reported in http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/482...

For those experiencing the XP SP3 bug, I suggest you follow the
instructions I have posted in the ongoing thread:
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/482...

The guide should be near the bottom of the thread (as of 02/09/2010).
Following the instructions,

@Anthony
on 2nd Sep, 2010 01:01, Anthony Wells wrote:

I am most concerned , however , that there is no "secure browsing" info at all in this PSI , at least that I can find ; Firefox 3.6.8 is a Cat 4 threat for now - and likely a few more days - but there is nothing in the GUI to tell you about SA 41095 . If you expand the Ff programme and dig a bit you get a lead to SA 40720 which tells you everything is fine and dandy if you have version 3.6.8. Similarly no possibility of seeing if your add-ons are "insecure , no solution" - Flash ??

Many new users may query what the secure browsing info means , but in my opinion , better explain than have (not necessarily) blissful ignorance . I do hope you are considering including some kind of "secure browsing" data in the final version .

Glad to hear everything's working. We appreciate your input on the
Secure Browsing issue, and will consider your position.

@RTDev

The (in)Secure Browsing info disappeared from the PSI 2.0 beta.
This is a regression from PSI 1.5.0.0, 1.5.0.1, 1.5.0.2

I am sad to see that Secunia PSI 2.0 has become only a patch-checker and is no longer more a vulnerability-checker

Thank you for your input. We will consider your stance on Secure
Browsing.

Please, where can i find:
- PSI Version 1.9.0.0 Technology Preview (9th June 2010) and
- PSI Version 1.9.0.2 Technology Preview (21st July 2010)

I am afraid we no longer host any executables for the Technology Preview
version. However, the current version, 1.5.0.2, is still hosted, and can
be fetched here: ftp://ftp.secunia.com/PSISetup.exe

@thedillpickl

> Where is the "Open Folder" icon? I hope this is an oversight, as that was one of my favorite utilities. I would start PSI just to use it for other jobs beside updating. If available under "Insecure" or "End-of-Life" (I have neither, whew!), could you please also make it available under "Patched"? That would be great.

The Open Folder feature is still very much present, but no longer has an
Icon. In the results tab, you can double-click any program, which
displays a pop-up with all the relevant information for the selected
application.

You can "Open Folder", or ignore an application directly, by
right-clicking the path's listed at the bottom of the pop-up. However,
the Instruction ("Detected Installations, right-click for further
options") is not very clear. I have reported this to our developers, who
will consider the issue.

> Why is PSI only detecting drive C: ? Drive D: is a physical hard drive, installed internally and connected to my IDE bus at drive 1 position.

The PSI 2.0, by default, will only scan your system root (Usually C:)
and will only scan other partitions by default if one of them contains
the "Program Files" folder. The Secunia PSI 2.0 does not simply ignore
results from the drives that aren't scanned, but skips them entirely.

To enable scanning of other drives, place the appropriate checkboxes in
the "Drives" section found on the "Settings" tab.

> Under "Results", in the "Install Solutions" column, the (AU) for auto update programs would be more noticeable if it were a different color. It would be very cool if it was one color (e.g. green) if already updated and a different color (e.g. red) if in the process of updating.

I agree with your observation about color highlighting, and have
forwarded your suggestion to our developers.

Thank you for all your feedback.

@ottchris-primary
on 2nd Sep, 2010 04:20, ottchris-primary wrote:

1. 2.0 Beta installs with Auto-Updates ON! Had to clean up after a broken a PSI auto install (under 1.9.0.x) so do *not* want auto-update on. I'm perfectly capable of scheduling installs, just need to be notified that I need to update. Hopefully, the next update will inherit my current configuration choices.

As you have correctly observed, the Secunia PSI 2.0 beta installs with
auto-updates enabled. This is quite intentional, as the aim of the PSI
is to make end-user patching as easy and transparent as possible.
Your settings should, of course, carry through with any updates for
version 2.0.

2. Quote from Settings [When enabled, the Secunia PSI will continuously monitor new program installations and removals. It will only notify you about these changes if the above setting ("Start the Secunia PSI on boot") is enabled. retrieving settings].

Why does enable program monitoring require start PSI on boot enabled? Or does the ambiguous text starting "It will only notify you" mean something else? (It certainly was the case with 1.9.0.x that I always learnt of security updates via other channels, rarely if ever from PSI without doing a scan.) I run a controlled start-up as I need to ensure that applications running scans run serially rather than concurrently. PSI *is* run at start-up but under the control of another application not Windows start up.

The "Start program on boot" and "Program monitoring" settings do walk hand-in-hand.
"Program Monitoring" runs in the background to check for changes to files (eg. new versions overwriting the old ones, new software installing, etc).
Without "Start program on boot", the user will most likely only run the
PSI when she/he needs to run a full scan.
Since "Program Monitoring" takes up memory and processor time, there is no need to enable it for users who only start the PSI to run scans, whereas the users who keep the PSI running constantly in the background can make use of it.

Also note the orphaned text after the period i.e. "retrieving settings".

I am afraid I have not found the orphaned text you mentioned. Where in the interface did you notice this, please?

3. I have applications installed in several partitions I don't recall having to specify drives in earlier versions (I could be wrong). 2.0 beta installed and ran initial scan with only C: Drive detected. Again as with Item 1 I trust my current configuration (I've ticked the relevant drives) will be inherited by the next upgrade.

As you correctly noticed, the PSI now only scans your root drive (Usually C;) and the drive containing Program Files (Also usually C;) by default. This is quite intentional, to speed up the scans, and avoid traveling over unused data. Again, your settings should, of course, be remembered in future versions.

Also note that 'drive letters' is two words not "driveletters".

I have suggested a fix for the typo in "driveletters". Thank you for pointing this out.

4. Following the scan two apps were listed as requiring patched, Adobe Flash CS4 and Postgres. Although I haven't reported it before, with CS4 Flash it reverts to insecure after every 'global' scan, even though the Secunia suggested solution had been applied long ago. Rescan just CS4 Flash and it's reported as secure again. However, when I did that with 2.0 Beta, not only did CS4 Flash disappear off the Insecure list, so did Postgres. Something broken somewhere.

This is a known bug. I have included your experience, and we will consider possible solutions for the future.

5. The ''hover description' against the # column (multiple instances) under Scan Results states "PSI assumes that a program is patched if one ore more of these instances are detected as "Patched"". What does that mean? What happens when multiple instances include both patched and unpatched versions? I had a number of those listed by 1.9.0.2 and they have disappeared in 2.0 beta! I fear that PSI is progressively being dumbed down. :-(

The behavior you have noted in point 5) reflects a very important change of behavior in the PSI 2.0. The PSI now groups multiple detections of the same program under one entry.

This means that if you, for example, have 3 installations of Google Chrome, it will only list one entry in the "Results" tab. This change has been made because these older versions usually do not pose a threat, and reporting several instances can be confusing to new users.

However, the PSI does not report fewer programs, or hide the results. It simply groups them together, and makes the general security assessment based on whether or not a completely patched copy is found on the system.

I used Chrome as an example because it creates a new directory with every update. This means that, after installing the update for Chrome, you will be shown as Secure in the results tab, even though the older (and potentially insecure) files are still present. When an update for
the applications runs, all the shortcuts to the application should also be updated, to point to the new version.

To see all the detected instances of the program, you simply double-click the entry or expand the entry, and every detected file (and it's appropriate version) should be listed. In the pop-up shown when you double-click, a security assessment for each detected entry should also
be shown.

6. "Limit Results To:" selections do not seem to operate logically. For example, if I deselect "Patched" all the patched programs disappear and I am left with an empty list. The logical result would be for the list to include *both* patched and unpatched programs (and I know they exist on my system) to be listed if the 'Limit Results to Patched" is deselected.

I will forward your suggestion for the "Limit Results To:" feature.

Update. 7. One (probably more) programs have disappeared between 1.9.0.2 and 2.0 beta, Opera is one that sticks out.

Every program detected by the old version of the PSI should be shown in the new versions. If you are having problems with misdetection of an instance of Opera, I suggest you create a new thread in the "Programs" subforum.
Alternatively, you can submit a software suggestion for the file (By clicking "Are you missing a program?" in the results tab. You need to suggest the file Opera.exe file. Once this has been submitted, I can verify that your installation should be caught by the PSI's scan.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

@Leendert Kip
@ott-group
on 2nd Sep, 2010 07:12, Leendert Kip wrote:

on 2nd Sep, 2010 12:53, ott-group wrote:
Not ever having had a password I had to subscribe to this community and of course it wouldn't let me use my PSI username. So I am unable to update my earlier ottchris-primary post in this thread! :-(

The problem you both pointed out should now have been corrected. If you restart the PSI, your Community Profiles as registered with your PSI installations should carry through to the forum.

Thank you both for pointing this out.

@runrig
on 2nd Sep, 2010 13:33, runrig wrote:

nice, got graphics now ;-)

It sure does. An additional bonus, that I'm sure especially our experienced users will appreciate, is that the PSI no longer depends on Flash to display graphics.

@thedillpickl & Mogs
on 2nd Sep, 2010 16:11, thedillpickl wrote:

I normally do not come into the forum through the PSI link. I have tested and I am automatically signed in when using that link.

Is it possible your info was not transfered into Secunia Community Profile? If this is not the problem Secunia will sort out.

on 2nd Sep, 2010 15:43, mogs wrote:

PS. If I'm already logged into the forum/browser open, and yet using the psi panel:
clicking on "Visit the Community Forum" takes me to the last page visited on the forum.
Clicking on it in other circumstance, launches the browser and takes me to All Threads where I have to log-in. That's with Chrome dev as default.

This issue was fixed in a revision today. If anyone is still experiencing it, please restart your PSI.

Thank you all for posting feedback. Please do continue!
If you feel I have left any questions unanswered, or you would like
elaboration, or (of course) if you have any further suggestions or
comments, please post them here.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 16:45
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 16:54
Wow!

After all that, I almost hate to ask another question.

Scan last week by 1.9.0.0 shows 87 programs. Current scan with Beta shows 65. Where did they go?

[edit] Never mind, just read response to same question by ottchris-primary.

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Expert Contributor 2nd Sep, 2010 17:19

Hi Emil ,

Thank you for your comprehensive review and update , most helpful .

You may notice I'm doing an LK minus 93 votes in my first post to Jakob , probably a slip of a finger on the wrong key ; if you get time to correct it back to zero that would be fine . No hurry as I do not care about voting ; of course you can leave the + 95 as is , not causing any harm :o))))))))))

I have a "C" and a "D" drive partition to my single 250+ GB HDD (roughly split 50/50) and a small OEM partition . There is just onebox offered and checked for C: to be scanned ; I cannot see how to actually add a box and tick for D: nor whether I need to ; is just the "C" partition scanned or are both - the "D" has only very small use and nothing active , but I may wish to change that in the future .

Hope you understand , not sure that I do .

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 18:00
Hi Emil. The problem I informed you about is solved indeed. Thank you very much for the quick response.

--
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 9
Mozilla Firefox 31NL

Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 31NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Imposter10 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 19:23
Score: -2
User Since: 23rd Feb 2010

Detected Drives: (Check driveletters to include) ?
C:
D:
E:
F:
D:

I got C:Windows XP (5GB) / D:Program (5GB) / E:Temp (40GB) / F:Temp (30GB)

Insecure (-1) 0 1

End-of-Life 0 0

Patched 22 43

Total Results 22 44

Sometimes i see my programs in D: and then 22 all of a sudden??

--
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 build 2600
ASUS A7V-133 Moderkort
Authentic AMD 1000 Mhz Processor
1536MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400, 32,00 MB
Sitecom Wireless Network PCI Adapter Turbo G WL-171
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
HDS728080PLAT20, 80GB, Partitioner. C:Windows XP (5GB) / D:Program (5GB) / F:Temp (40GB) / G:Temp (30GB)
Creative SB Live! series
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 20:18
Last edited on 2nd Sep, 2010 20:27
on 2nd Sep, 2010 14:15, Anthony Wells wrote:
Hello LK and ott ,

[snip]

@ott ,

Are you saying you never had a PSI secunia profile or that you cannot recover your old one or that you never had a website /Forum profile ?? The PSI and the website profile should co-ordinate/reconcile your email and password at least if you want to link from the PSI direct . You now have two persona - it should be possible to get the old one back in use .

Or am I missing something ??

Anthony

Apologies for the delay in responding, dealing with other problems! Previously with 1.9.0.2 and earlier, to post to this forum I simply followed the link from within PSI and posted; no username or password required i.e. the credentials supplied by PSI I assume. I also note that there is no password field held within PSI. This was the case with my first post from within PSI 2.0 beta in the early hours of this morning. However, later today (new PC session) I followed the usual procedure as I wanted to edit my previous post. Problem. I couldn't even reply to the first post in this thread without being asked for a username and password. I maintain a secure database of all passwords (for years any password I have ever created is in this database) but could find no record of any Secunia/PSI password. I also keep *all* email and have all Secunia mail including the first Profile Verification email (I have three machines under the same email address). I can find no evidence of any password. On its own it could have been a one-off but I recalled the post at the end (at that time) of the thread describing a similar problem.

Hope that clarifies things.

Regards

Chris

[The above posted before reading to the end of the thread. I see now that problem has been fixed.]
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Sakerhet RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 21:27
User Since: 11th Jun 2008
Detected Drives
C:

NOT detected in Secunia 2.0 beta (but this was OK in Secunia 1):
D:
F:
Z:

Windows 7 X64
Drive (or rather partition) Z: is located on the same physical disk as partition C:
Both are NTFS partitions

Drive D: & F: are NTFS partitions on 2 separate disk drives.

Was this reply relevant?
+1
JochenBaier RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 21:53
suggestion for improvements:

* under Win 7 (64bit) no start menu entry is created during install. Installed from a non admin account (the installation for sure with admin rights)

*the tray icon app should run without admin right, since the sua.exe service is running the tray icon app should not need admin rights.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JochenBaier RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 21:55
I forgot....

* sometimes during the connectivity check the windows is completely white.
The connectifity check takes too long.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
GuyFredlund RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 2nd Sep, 2010 21:59
User Since: 25th Nov 2008
I have only one word to say: WOW!
Great improvement of the excellent program.
Let's stay secure out there.

--
Guy
Was this reply relevant?
+0
afleury RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 02:54
User Since: 20th May 2010
Same problem here. I had to desactivate Intel XD-bit in BIOS to run PSI 2.0 BETA.

--
Alain F.
WinXP SP3
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 03:02
Last edited on 3rd Sep, 2010 03:07
on 2nd Sep, 2010 16:34, wrote:

[snip]

@ottchris-primary

The "Start program on boot" and "Program monitoring" settings do walk hand-in-hand.
"Program Monitoring" runs in the background to check for changes to files (eg. new versions overwriting the old ones, new software installing, etc).
Without "Start program on boot", the user will most likely only run the
PSI when she/he needs to run a full scan.
Since "Program Monitoring" takes up memory and processor time, there is no need to enable it for users who only start the PSI to run scans, whereas the users who keep the PSI running constantly in the background can make use of it.

:-( I wrote "I run a controlled start-up as I need to ensure that applications running scans run serially rather than concurrently. PSI *is* run at start-up but under the control of another application not Windows start up." Your answer completely ignored that.

I am afraid I have not found the orphaned text you mentioned. Where in the interface did you notice this, please?

I already stated where it was, i.e. in Settings. Here it is again:

"When enabled, the Secunia PSI will continuously monitor new program installations and removals. It will only notify you about these changes if the above setting ("Start the Secunia PSI on boot") is enabled. retrieving settings".

[snip]

The behavior you have noted in point 5) reflects a very important change of behavior in the PSI 2.0. The PSI now groups multiple detections of the same program under one entry.

This means that if you, for example, have 3 installations of Google Chrome, it will only list one entry in the "Results" tab. This change has been made because these older versions usually do not pose a threat, and reporting several instances can be confusing to new users.

However, the PSI does not report fewer programs, or hide the results. It simply groups them together, and makes the general security assessment based on whether or not a completely patched copy is found on the system.

Err.. last weeks total (under PSI 1.9.0.2) 199 patched, 6 insecure. This week PSI 2.0 beta reports 76 patched 0 insecure.

However, I have just noticed that it only appears to have listed programs on the C: drive, despite reporting that it was scanning C: and F:.

I have also just spotted that the drive section in Settings lists F: *twice* i.e. in this order, C:, F:, G:, H:, Z:, F:.

If I select C: and one of the 'two' F: drives, a subsequent scan results in just the patched programs on C; being listed and counted. If I select all three (C;, F:, F:) PSI reports it is scanning all three and lists and counts patched programs on both C: and F:. The patched count is 164, down from 199 but better than 76!

The odd part is that on the initial post installation scans it must have scanned the F: drive to pick up Flash CS4. It has of course now listed again as insecure but rescanning the individual program did NOT also remove PostgreSQL this time so progress there. I should add that no other installed application detects two F; drives.

[Edit Update: Just seen other posts with differing but comparable drive detection issues.]

Chris

Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 11:22
Hello everybody,

I would like to concerns of those who feel the Secunia PSI 2.0 is detecting less programs. The mechanism for scanning has not changed radically, and the PSI still detects every program it did before (If anything, it detects more programs). However, a few of the specific changes in the 2.0 Beta could make it appear that some programs have disappeared.

One is that the PSI now tries to group several detections of the same program as one entry, and only counts it as one. This mean that if you, for example, have 5 installations of Google Chrome 5.x, only 1 will be counted and shown in the statistics. This is to avoid the confusion caused by "Zombie Files" (Upgrade leftovers), which was a common issue with older versions.

You can still see every detected instance by expanding the program entry under "Results". If you double-click the entry, a list with the appropriate statuses for each program.

Another is that the PSI now by default only scans the root drive (Which is usually C:), and the drive containing "Program Files" (Usually also C:). To scan other drives, you can go to the Settings tab and choose which drives you wish to scan under "Drives", simply by setting a checkbox next to the appropriate drive.

@Anthony
on 2nd Sep, 2010 17:19, Anthony Wells wrote:

I have a "C" and a "D" drive partition to my single 250+ GB HDD (roughly split 50/50) and a small OEM partition . There is just onebox offered and checked for C: to be scanned ; I cannot see how to actually add a box and tick for D: nor whether I need to ; is just the "C" partition scanned or are both - the "D" has only very small use and nothing active , but I may wish to change that in the future .

We corrected a minor bug relating to drive detection. Please restart your PSI before continuing.

To decide which drives are scanned, you can go to Settings, and at the very bottom, under "Drives", there should be a list of all drives attacted to your computer. Simply place a check next to the drives you wish to scan.

Futhermore, you can see which drives the PSI will scan on the Scan tab itself, as these are listed next to the "Searching files on local fixed drives" step in the Scan Progress box.

@Imposter10
on 2nd Sep, 2010 19:23, Imposter10 wrote:

I got C:Windows XP (5GB) / D:Program (5GB) / E:Temp (40GB) / F:Temp (30GB)

Insecure (-1) 0 1
End-of-Life 0 0
Patched 22 43
Total Results 22 44

Sometimes i see my programs in D: and then 22 all of a sudden??

We have corrected a minor issue relating to drive detection. If you restart you PSI, it should only show each drive once.

on 2nd Sep, 2010 21:27, Sakerhet wrote:

D:
F:
Z:

If you restart the PSI and run a full scan, this issue should have been resolved.

@JochenBaier
on 2nd Sep, 2010 21:53, JochenBaier wrote:

* under Win 7 (64bit) no start menu entry is created during install. Installed from a non admin account (the installation for sure with admin rights)

I have reproduced this issue and will report it to our developers.

on 2nd Sep, 2010 21:53, JochenBaier wrote:

*the tray icon app should run without admin right, since the sua.exe service is running the tray icon app should not need admin rights.

I have forwarded your suggestion to our developers.

on 2nd Sep, 2010 21:55, JochenBaier wrote:
I
* sometimes during the connectivity check the windows is completely white.
The connectifity check takes too long.

The PSI loads it's interface over the internet on every startup. Internet Explorer is then used to render the UI, which is why IE settings can influence the PSI's behaviour.
This also means that the PSI's startup speed is determined by the speed of your internet connection.

@ott-group
on 3rd Sep, 2010 03:02, ott-group wrote:
:-( I wrote "I run a controlled start-up as I need to ensure that applications running scans run serially rather than concurrently. PSI *is* run at start-up but under the control of another application not Windows start up." Your answer completely ignored that.

I'm sorry for missing that point in my first reply.
The text displayed is a usage instruction. You can disable auto-start in the PSI and still have "Program Monitoring" enabled without problems.

The text simply seeks to explain that, unless the PSI is auto-started, it won't be able to alert you of changes in programs (As the PSI needs to be running to do that). There should be no obstruction to using Program Monitoring even if you use a third-party application to start the PSI.

I hope this answered your question better.

I already stated where it was, i.e. in Settings. Here it is again:

"When enabled, the Secunia PSI will continuously monitor new program installations and removals. It will only notify you about these changes if the above setting ("Start the Secunia PSI on boot") is enabled. retrieving settings".

I belive this was removed in an earlier revision. If you reload your interface (By right-clicking the PSI tray icon and selecting "Reload Interface"), it should no longer be shown.

Err.. last weeks total (under PSI 1.9.0.2) 199 patched, 6 insecure. This week PSI 2.0 beta reports 76 patched 0 insecure.

I hope this question about the number of results in the PSI 2.0 has been adequately answered by the explaination at the top of this post. If not, please let me know, and I will elaborate any points you feel are left unanswered.

However, I have just noticed that it only appears to have listed programs on the C: drive, despite reporting that it was scanning C: and F:.

I have also just spotted that the drive section in Settings lists F: *twice* i.e. in this order, C:, F:, G:, H:, Z:, F:.

If I select C: and one of the 'two' F: drives, a subsequent scan results in just the patched programs on C; being listed and counted. If I select all three (C;, F:, F:) PSI reports it is scanning all three and lists and counts patched programs on both C: and F:.

This issue should be resolved if you restart the PSI.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 13:58
on 3rd Sep, 2010 11:22, wrote:

@ott-group

I'm sorry for missing that point in my first reply.
The text displayed is a usage instruction. You can disable auto-start in the PSI and still have "Program Monitoring" enabled without problems.

The text simply seeks to explain that, unless the PSI is auto-started, it won't be able to alert you of changes in programs (As the PSI needs to be running to do that). There should be no obstruction to using Program Monitoring even if you use a third-party application to start the PSI.

I hope this answered your question better.

All other issues answered fine and once you understand the new results layout it's a definite improvement on version 1.x.x.x.

However, regarding the quoted part above:

Select "Enable program monitoring" leaving "Start the Secunia PSI on boot" deselected.

Exit PSI (note there is no obvious save configuration option so I assume Settings changes are saved automatically).

Start PSI and "Enable program monitoring" is no longer selected.

Regards,

Chris
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 14:24
Hi,

@ott-group

I am afraid I have not been able to reproduce that issue. If I restart the PSI, leaving "Start the Secunia PSI on boot" unchecked, with "Enable program monitoring" checked, the check persists even though I exit and restart the PSI.

Please try to restart the PSI and retry. Does this problem still occur?
If so, which Operating System are you running?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
LesNMeyers RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 15:32
User Since: 12th Nov 2009
I just downloaded Secunia PSI 2.0 Beta. During the uninstall version 1.5 process, a blank DOS box showed up for about 10 seconds and then closed by itself. The rest of the uninstall/install 2.0 process went flawlessly.

When I checked the Taskbar, the Secunia logo was missing. Attempts to launch the new version from the Start Menu or my Desktop were unsuccessful, so I decided to re-boot. As the computer was shutting down the Secunia logo appeared momentarily on the Taskbar as a lone item. After rebooting, again the Ver 2.0 logo did not appear in the Taskbar. and would not open from the Start Menu or the Desktop. I checked the services running from Task Manager and did not find a PSI service running.

I reinstalled Version PSI 1.5.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 16:04
on 3rd Sep, 2010 14:24, wrote:
Hi,

@ott-group

I am afraid I have not been able to reproduce that issue. If I restart the PSI, leaving "Start the Secunia PSI on boot" unchecked, with "Enable program monitoring" checked, the check persists even though I exit and restart the PSI.

Please try to restart the PSI and retry. Does this problem still occur?
If so, which Operating System are you running?

Emil,

Problem persists but it appears to effect both Start... and Enable... option selects i.e. neither persist between PSI executions. I've stopped the PSI window being skinned (I run WindowBlinds 7.1) which can very occasionally cause problems with some applications and removed PSI from my controlled start-up application but the problem persists. All very odd! I shall try some more tests later today. Although your test appears to be identical to mine it is nevertheless the case that exiting PSI is not the same as Windows closing PSI on system shutdown.

Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 3)
Platform Compliance : x86

Regards,

Chris
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 3rd Sep, 2010 16:13

Hi Emil ,

Nothing changed as yet :-

Hello everybody,

@Anthony

We corrected a minor bug relating to drive detection. Please restart your PSI before continuing.

To decide which drives are scanned, you can go to Settings, and at the very bottom, under "Drives", there should be a list of all drives attacted to your computer. Simply place a check next to the drives you wish to scan.

Futhermore, you can see which drives the PSI will scan on the Scan tab itself, as these are listed next to the "Searching files on local fixed drives" step in the Scan Progress box.

This issue should be resolved if you restart the PSI.

hope this helps.

My daily start from cold around 1330 CET and subsequent restart after on boot load , then reload interface , full scan , etc ., leaves me with only C: available as before - no D: partition showing anywhere . C: is (auto) checked in "settings" and only C: annotated in "scan" . Full scan gives same results as previous scan (allowing known change(s)) .

So no joy at the moment :((

Have a relaxing weekend and let's see what Monday can offer :))

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
afleury RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 17:00
User Since: 20th May 2010
on 1st Sep, 2010 19:08, smurphdude wrote:

Try to desactivate Intel XD-bit in BIOS. Worked for me.

--
Alain F.
WinXP SP3
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Imposter10 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 18:07
Score: -2
User Since: 23rd Feb 2010
Everything is working correct now! Thank you...

Best regards
/Terry

--
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 build 2600
ASUS A7V-133 Moderkort
Authentic AMD 1000 Mhz Processor
1536MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400, 32,00 MB
Sitecom Wireless Network PCI Adapter Turbo G WL-171
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
HDS728080PLAT20, 80GB, Partitioner. C:Windows XP (5GB) / D:Program (5GB) / F:Temp (40GB) / G:Temp (30GB)
Creative SB Live! series
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Nergali RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 18:10
Score: 19
User Since: 23rd Aug 2010
Last edited on 3rd Sep, 2010 18:15
Please Count me among those who will miss the secure browsing section.

For instance, a very recent (old) quicktime flaw was outted, while there was no official fix (at the time) PSI let me know that there was a possible attack vector, one which could be avoided via ActiveX Kill Bit. Now with the advent of PSI 2.0 I don't know if the latest itunes fixed this issue or not. I think the Secure Browsing section was actually a very good section, it also informed me I had two seperate ie7 installs running on my XP box, granted this was also listed in the Patched section, but it was GLARINGLY obvious viua the insecure browsing section.

I'm also among those who liked the Open Folder feature, this was useful in the above case of ie7 duplicated and in the case of Adobe Flash leaving behind the previous version of the OCX when new version was installed. EDIT: Oooh found Open Folder :P was right click porgram location

I have to physical hard drives and one of them is partitioned into to drive (thus I have hard drives c: d: g: ) however PSI Beta only lists C: in settings\Detected Drives. Is this because I do not have program files on the other drives?

My last comment is: it may be an idea to make the "You can double click this row for additional information and options" into a Hyperlink, it's not very obvious.

While my entire post was grousing, on the whole I like 2.0. It's Faster and cleaner.

EDIT: Ok so I'm a bad forum member today, I scanned and didn't fully read the thread, I now see many of my issues were covered by a Secunia rep. However, I do prefer the old way that looked in multiple places (for instance I have a portable app on one of my drives with no Program files dir and it too might be insecure.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 3rd Sep, 2010 22:45

on 2nd Sep, 2010 21:27, Sakerhet wrote:

D:
F:
Z:

If you restart the PSI and run a full scan, this issue should have been resolved.

hope this helps.

It’s better than before, now 50% of the drives are listed :-)

C: and Z: are there (they are also the drives containing "Program Files"), but I still miss D: and F:

This issue is already noted by Anthony so I just second it.

In case it is of any significance: I run Win 7 (X64) with 3 AHCI-enabled disk drives.

Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 4th Sep, 2010 08:40
Hi,

@ott-group
on 3rd Sep, 2010 16:04, ott-group wrote:
Emil,

Problem persists but it appears to effect both Start... and Enable... option selects i.e. neither persist between PSI executions. I've stopped the PSI window being skinned (I run WindowBlinds 7.1) which can very occasionally cause problems with some applications and removed PSI from my controlled start-up application but the problem persists. All very odd! I shall try some more tests later today. Although your test appears to be identical to mine it is nevertheless the case that exiting PSI is not the same as Windows closing PSI on system shutdown.

Could I ask you to provide us with a debug log?
To obtain a debug log, first shut down your running PSI.
Then launch a command line window, either by clicking Start > run and entering "cmd" (For XP) or typing "cmd" directly in the search bar (Vista and Win7).
Then, type these commands (preserving quotes):
cd "C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI" (Note that this path may need to be adjusted)
psi.exe --verbose --debug secunia.txt

Now the PSI should start. Please set the settings to your desired configuration, and reload the PSI interface (By right-clicking the tray icon and selecting "Reload Interface"

If the problem is stll reproduceable, please shut down the PSI, and email the created at C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI\secunia.txt to us at support@secunia.com

Thank you for helping us resolve these issues.

@Anthony Wells & Sakerhet &Nergali
on 3rd Sep, 2010 16:13, Anthony Wells wrote:

My daily start from cold around 1330 CET and subsequent restart after on boot load , then reload interface , full scan , etc ., leaves me with only C: available as before - no D: partition showing anywhere . C: is (auto) checked in "settings" and only C: annotated in "scan" . Full scan gives same results as previous scan (allowing known change(s)) .

on 3rd Sep, 2010 22:45, Sakerhet wrote:
It’s better than before, now 50% of the drives are listed :-)

C: and Z: are there (they are also the drives containing "Program Files"), but I still miss D: and F:

on 3rd Sep, 2010 18:10, Nergali wrote:

I have to physical hard drives and one of them is partitioned into to drive (thus I have hard drives c: d: g: ) however PSI Beta only lists C: in settings\Detected Drives. Is this because I do not have program files on the other drives?

All of these posts concern the same issue, ie. the absence of some drives in the PSI 2.0 Beta settings tab.

The pattern we've noted so far is that only drives containing scanable files (DLL, ocx, exe, etc) are shown in the Detected Drives section. A bug has been filed concerning this, and we will consider ways to either change behaviour, or clarify in the interface, though the change was intentional, to shorten scantime. Nothing will be detected on a drive without any of ":Program Files".
Can anyone confirm the pattern I have noted, or are you missing scan-worthy drives as well?

@Nergali

Please Count me among those who will miss the secure browsing section.

For instance, a very recent (old) quicktime flaw was outted, while there was no official fix (at the time) PSI let me know that there was a possible attack vector, one which could be avoided via ActiveX Kill Bit. Now with the advent of PSI 2.0 I don't know if the latest itunes fixed this issue or not. I think the Secure Browsing section was actually a very good section, it also informed me I had two seperate ie7 installs running on my XP box, granted this was also listed in the Patched section, but it was GLARINGLY obvious viua the insecure browsing section.

Your concern has been noted. Thank you for you feedback.

My last comment is: it may be an idea to make the "You can double click this row for additional information and options" into a Hyperlink, it's not very obvious.

I will forward your suggestion to our developers come Monday. Thank you for your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 4th Sep, 2010 12:38
Last edited on 4th Sep, 2010 12:40
Hi Emil ,

Have replied here that my D: partition contains .exe and .dll files and can confirm that it is not shown as detected to scan :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/534...

When , if ever , you have time could you comment (here or there) on my post to this thread (which is slowly drowning under the mass of posts) , but is relevant to early posts to this very thread :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/535...

Time for lunch :))

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
irvlit RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 4th Sep, 2010 13:08
User Since: 28th Aug 2010
Easy installation no problems. Works very well so far.
Windows 7
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 4th Sep, 2010 18:26
Hi Emil;

RE; About missing drives.

Once the issue with drives containing files needing to be scanned is sorted...

Perhaps drives that contain nothing to be scanned could be show grayed out and a note stating why.

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 4th Sep, 2010 21:00
on 4th Sep, 2010 12:38, Anthony Wells wrote:

Have replied here that my D: partition contains .exe and .dll files and can confirm that it is not shown as detected to scan :-

Hello Anthony,

I was missing some drives too as you might have noted in this thread.

Emil suggests that "The pattern we've noted so far is that only drives containing scanable files (DLL, ocx, exe, etc) are shown in the Detected Drives section".

I have a whole bunch of exe-files (mostly installation programs) on my D: drive but the drive was not detected.

But when I
1) copied a directory from “C:\Program Files” containing program files that are monitored by PSI (I used Adobe Acrobat as a sample)

2) ran a full scan

then the D: drive showed up as a Detected Drive.

The D: drive remains in the drive list even after I deleted the Acrobat directory so it seems that once detected it doesn’t need to be "provoked" to stay on the list and you may select the drive to be scanned if you want.

If you, or anyone, got the time could you confirm this on your system?
Was this reply relevant?
+5
Expert Contributor 4th Sep, 2010 22:43

Hi Sakerhet ,

I will check it tomorrow .

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Italia RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 4th Sep, 2010 23:52
User Since: 21st Apr 2010
System Score: 98%
Installation went smoothly. However, I miss the "Open Folder" icon where follows the path the "problem" folder.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Sep, 2010 05:16
Last edited on 5th Sep, 2010 05:28
@Emil
(unknown source)
The pattern we've noted so far is that only drives containing scanable files (DLL, ocx, exe, etc) are shown in the Detected Drives section. A bug has been filed concerning this, and we will consider ways to either change behaviour, or clarify in the interface, though the change was intentional, to shorten scantime. Nothing will be detected on a drive without any of ":Program Files".
Can anyone confirm the pattern I have noted, or are you missing scan-worthy drives as well?

I can confirm the issue exists for non-installed (portable programs)
I have pasted Infranview's Program folder (which actually makes it portable) from my portable flash drive (not expecting that one to be detected btw) to one of my secondary fixed drive (Drive G:).

Doing so I expected for drive G to appear on my secunia (after a restart) and this did not seem to happen.

Please, Secunia, realize that many users of windows (esp Vista and Seven) use portable versions of every day programs (Clamwin, Infranview, Opera, Firefox just to name a very few) to circumvent UAC or to be able to run as limited users.

While I appreicate the faster scanning, I'd rather a more thorough one. Perhaps the ability to search and add drives, for advanced users. remember the purpose of your program is (was) not to be a universal updater but instead to alert users of the software that was insecure, I feel that 2.0 beta has become more of a installed updater checker :-/

This image explains why we are worried about this, with out a program like PSI we'd never know that Quicktime had an unpatched issue. 2beta does not give us thiis information
http://a.imageshack.us/img827/9485/qtime.png
Was this reply relevant?
+0
El_Irlandes RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 5th Sep, 2010 07:55
User Since: 5th Sep 2010
The window frames in the dashboard seem to be designed only for full screen. If the main window is made smaller by the user, the information inside some of the frames is hidden and no longer accessible through some means (say scrollbars). It can only become visible again through resizing or maximizing the window. Is this an IE bug or deliberate PSI 2.0 design?
Was this reply relevant?
+1
rogozinm RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 5th Sep, 2010 08:56
User Since: 29th Aug 2009
Just installed beta.
Much easier install, no issues, except many alerts from my other "guards" (SpyBot, ThreatFire, Symantec)
Complete all updates to 100% which previous versions never completed.
Previous version also did not recognize some manually completed updates; especially Flash...no problem with beta.
Verdict: Far superior in performance and useability.
On a Vista 64 notebook
Was this reply relevant?
+0
tkriener RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 5th Sep, 2010 10:27
User Since: 10th Jul 2010
Hello,

the layout without scrollbars especially on the dashbord is a problem on netbooks. I cannot see all lines of the "State of programs" in the "Quick Summary", even in Full-screen. As there are no scrollbars I have no chance to get the information.

Rest of PSI 2 Beta seems to be working well.

Regards,
Thomas Kriener
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 5th Sep, 2010 12:51

Hi Sakerhet ,

on 4th Sep, 2010 21:00, Sakerhet wrote:
Hello Anthony,

I was missing some drives too as you might have noted in this thread.

Emil suggests that "The pattern we've noted so far is that only drives containing scanable files (DLL, ocx, exe, etc) are shown in the Detected Drives section".

I have a whole bunch of exe-files (mostly installation programs) on my D: drive but the drive was not detected.

But when I
1) copied a directory from “C:\Program Files” containing program files that are monitored by PSI (I used Adobe Acrobat as a sample)

2) ran a full scan

The D: drive remains in the drive list even after I deleted the Acrobat directory so it seems that once detected it doesn’t need to be "provoked" to stay on the list and you may select the drive to be scanned if you want.

If you, or anyone, got the time could you confirm this on your system?

Nice call :))

I had made a new (still empty) folder for "Program Files the other day and forgot to follow up . I deleted it and just copied my Belarc folder from C:\Program Files\.. to my D partition and bingo , just like for you , D appeared :))

D is now in settings and scan , it remains after deleting Belarc and the programme monitoring shows any add or delete to D in real time , as it should . Settings have resisted , cold PC start , a reboot and resetting the PSI .

Great thinking .

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 5th Sep, 2010 13:07
Last edited on 5th Sep, 2010 13:15
Hello @Nergali ,

on 5th Sep, 2010 05:16, Nergali wrote:

I have pasted Infranview's Program folder (which actually makes it portable) from my portable flash drive (not expecting that one to be detected btw) to one of my secondary fixed drive (Drive G:).

Doing so I expected for drive G to appear on my secunia (after a restart) and this did not seem to happen.

Please, Secunia, realize that many users of windows (esp Vista and Seven) use portable versions of every day programs (Clamwin, Infranview, Opera, Firefox just to name a very few) to circumvent UAC or to be able to run as limited users.

While I appreicate the faster scanning, I'd rather a more thorough one. Perhaps the ability to search and add drives, for advanced users. remember the purpose of your program is (was) not to be a universal updater but instead to alert users of the software that was insecure, I feel that 2.0 beta has become more of a installed updater checker :-/

This image explains why we are worried about this, with out a program like PSI we'd never know that Quicktime had an unpatched issue. 2beta does not give us thiis information

Whilst waiting for Emil to turn in tomorrow , you might want to see if Sakerhet's method (posted just above and confirmed by me) will activate your G drive and then pick up the portables or you may need to suggest a missing programme , especially if the Secunia database does not cover the/your "installation path" of IrfanView - note the spelling , just in case .

Your closing paragraph(s) are absolutely spot on - well maybe a slight exaggeration :)) - in my (unasked for) opinion .

Your Quicktime example applies equally to Firefox 3.6.8 and SA 41095 .

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 5th Sep, 2010 15:56
Last edited on 5th Sep, 2010 16:12

[snip important observations re portable drives]

I agree with that 2.0 beta appears to have morphed into a different animal compared to its predecessors. In my personal opinion, allowing applications to automatically update themselves is considerably less than sensible.

However, I would have to disagree with last statement. Security should be approached in a belt and braces fashion. I don't rely solely on any version of PSI for notifications of software vulnerabilities. I subscribe to a number of RSS feeds for such notifications, SANS ISC, Exploits Database, Heise Security etc. Secunia used to also provide a free RSS feed of their Advisories but it ceased I believe around February 2009 according to my feed stats; looks like you have to pay to receive notifications now!

Regards to All,

Chris

P.S. I had to edit this response a number of times before I spotted what was causing my own text to be included in the quote box after updating. The quoted text did not have a space between the last character and the end of quote delimiter in square brackets; this apparently caused the delimiter not to be recognised.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 5th Sep, 2010 16:40
Last edited on 5th Sep, 2010 16:42
Hello Chris ,

The "auto-update" is an option and if it helps the IT/PSI newcomer get 100% "security" :)) every strenght to it's arm - I personally have it enabled in "settings" but with all individual programmes deselected ; rather as I set up/used it in the TP .

With experience one finds that keeping a close eye on a download avoids mishaps , but that rather depends on your technical capabilities and time available , paranoia levels and non-default requirements . Obviously , reducing the entire PSI to newcomer level in all things would be a tragedy :(((

I had the same problem as you in my entry above yours with my text being included in the quote . Thank you for explaining what my fiddling around actually did :)) I cannot remember it ever happening before , but as I usually crop the quote maybe I never left the ending intact . The fact that it is a hyperlink may also have something to do with it , as they are picky about spacing at both their ends . Perhaps it a "bug" unintentionally cased by the OP's "punctuation ??

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 5th Sep, 2010 23:53
Last edited on 5th Sep, 2010 23:55 Hi,

on 4th Sep, 2010 12:38, Anthony Wells wrote:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/534...

Could I ask you to provide us with a debug log? Please start the PSI in debug mode and run a full scan, then sending the log file to support@secunia.com

Thank you for helping resolve this issue.

I will respond (in the other thread) to the rest of your post at a later time.

on 4th Sep, 2010 18:26, thedillpickl wrote:

RE; About missing drives.

Once the issue with drives containing files needing to be scanned is sorted...

Perhaps drives that contain nothing to be scanned could be show grayed out and a note stating why.

Your suggestion has been noted, and will be considered in resolving this issue.
Thank you for your feedback.

on 4th Sep, 2010 21:00, Sakerhet wrote:

But when I

2) ran a full scan

Thank you for providing us with this experience. I am sure it will help us get to the bottom of this issue.

on 4th Sep, 2010 23:52, Italia wrote:
Installation went smoothly. However, I miss the "Open Folder" icon where follows the path the "problem" folder.

You can still use the "Open Folder" shortcut by right-clicking a path (under the list of detected instances) after double-clicking a program listing in the Results tab. However, since is not immediately obvious, we will consider ways to clarify this in the interface.

Thank you for your feedback. We will be looking into this issue.

It is not our intention to limit the scan results, nor narrow the reach of the PSI. However, bugs do occur, and this is why we have a beta testing period - and why your observations and feedback are so valuable!

The Secunia PSI is not - and never has been - a general update checker. The PSI will still only alert you about patches if they resolve Security issues.

Your feedback concerning the Secure Browsing functionality will be considered.

on 5th Sep, 2010 07:55, El_Irlandes wrote:

The window frames in the dashboard seem to be designed only for full screen. If the main window is made smaller by the user, the information inside some of the frames is hidden and no longer accessible through some means (say scrollbars). It can only become visible again through resizing or maximizing the window. Is this an IE bug or deliberate PSI 2.0 design?

on 5th Sep, 2010 10:27, tkriener wrote:

the layout without scrollbars especially on the dashbord is a problem on netbooks. I cannot see all lines of the "State of programs" in the "Quick Summary", even in Full-screen. As there are no scrollbars I have no chance to get the information.

I will notify our developers of this issue. Thank you for your feedback.

If anyone has any further questions, or further feedback, please do not hesitate to ask/post.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Skeptia-9 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 6th Sep, 2010 00:23
Score: 42
User Since: 15th Mar 2010
Secunia's PSI 2.0 Beta presents a gorgeous graphical user interface. It is a superlative effort by the PSI's developers to organize a plethora of complex information from disparate sources about third-party software running on top of Windows into a highly accessible, user-friendly format. The user interface is no longer Flash dependent. (Hooray!) A new troubleshooting template is included to assist the less-experienced user with submitting enough information to the forum in his/her first post to obtain help straight away. If there are 3 instances of a browser extension installed, the extension is now noted only once in the list of programs detected, preceded by the number 3. Flotsam from previously installed versions of a program are now distinguished as "zombie" files and assigned a threat rating, great aids to their identification and removal. The auto-update function is the user's choice to toggle on/off for each auto-updatable program. A column can be added to the list of detected programs, so one can compare the detected version number to the latest patched version number, again the user's choice. So many aspects of this beta version to admire and appreciate! An enormous investment of hard work and attention to detail!

The beta version of what will most likely become the PSI 2.0 of the future, however, leaves a highly unfavorable impression on my PC. Why? Because the beauty is merely skin deep. It no longer has ambition to be the best/only vulnerability scanner in the field. Instead, it has morphed into a very pretty security patch scanner with its purpose clearly defined beside the attractive new logo--"detects and installs missing security patches for your PC." The information in the Secure Browsing tab of its predecessor has gone absent without leave. Nothing calls my attention to all those DLL cats out of the bag. (See http://secunia.com/advisories/windows_insecure_lib...) Such a disappointing development! I am not convinced "ignorance is bliss when no patch is available."

The Secure Browsing tab of PSI ver. 1.5.0.2 pointed me to SA41095, which initiated my search for more information and a possible work-around--i.e., the MS update and registry edit to block all DLL pre-loading attack vectors completely. I made a well-informed decision to continue to use all 3 Mozilla products on my PC with extra caution until patches become available, because I use neither a WebDAV client, nor SMB shares. The Secure Browsing tab of ver. 1.5.0.2 gave me the information I needed to measure the risk to my computer system and my on-line behavior posed by this threat. The beta version 2.0 does not. Without the information in the Secure Browsing tab, the value of the future PSI, represented by this beta version is greatly diminished, because its vulnerability-checking function has been discarded. It has been repurposed into a security patch checker, which tells me all is well, except it isn't. Very, very disappointing! A significant loss!

I hope Secunia will reconsider, and the final release of ver. 2.0 will inherit the Secure Browsing tab's vulnerability information from ver. 1.5.0.2.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to comment.

Skeptia-9
Was this reply relevant?
+14
Member 6th Sep, 2010 03:12
on 5th Sep, 2010 13:07, Anthony Wells wrote:
Whilst waiting for Emil to turn in tomorrow , you might want to see if Sakerhet's method (posted just above and confirmed by me) will activate your G drive and then pick up the portables or you may need to suggest a missing programme , especially if the Secunia database does not cover the/your "installation path" of IrfanView - note the spelling , just in case .

Odd work around, but yes copying a program my install of PSI had previously recognized to the G drive, restarting PSI made G: appear and removing the program and restarting PSI kept G there.
I then downloaded Portable Firefox 2.0 and BAM after a scan PSI found it.

Though again, this is a work around not a fix :-/

I think I've figured a comprimise to present to the Developers
have all drive appear in settings but only "Program Files" drives be checked by default, this will allow us to check the drives we want (perhaps with a dialoge stating no program files were initially detected on this drive, adding this drive may increase your scanning time (check here to never show this message again)) ) but still give most (newbie) people the speed of the current beta. (and it leaves us
Was this reply relevant?
+0
whatnow RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 6th Sep, 2010 03:47
User Since: 22nd Dec 2007
As an experienced user I would like to see the option to be informed of an available update and load it myself instead of PCI doing it automatically. It is nice to have everything done for you but I have found when you automate everything that causes other problems.

After reading through this thread I have found what I thought was missing.
This seems to be a very useful upgrade.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
smurphdude RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Contributor 6th Sep, 2010 06:51
Score: 107
User Since: 13th Aug 2010
Hi,

Again someone else who would like the Secure Browsing Feature and the upfront reporting of unpatched vulnerabilities to be carried forward to version 2.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Bearoftone RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 6th Sep, 2010 07:41
User Since: 1st Aug 2009
Last edited on 6th Sep, 2010 07:43
This is a faster, easier to use program. The interface that gives a far more complete solution view with a double click for the software involved in needing attention is fantastic, making the choices intuitive.

Thanks for the real improvement!

Windows XP SP3
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 6th Sep, 2010 08:47
Last edited on 6th Sep, 2010 11:14 Hi,

on 6th Sep, 2010 00:23, Skeptia-9 wrote:

The beta version of what will most likely become the PSI 2.0 of the future, however, leaves a highly unfavorable impression on my PC. Why? Because the beauty is merely skin deep. It no longer has ambition to be the best/only vulnerability scanner in the field. Instead, it has morphed into a very pretty security patch scanner with its purpose clearly defined beside the attractive new logo--"detects and installs missing security patches for your PC." The information in the Secure Browsing tab of its predecessor has gone absent without leave. Nothing calls my attention to all those DLL cats out of the bag. (See http://secunia.com/advisories/windows_insecure_lib...) Such a disappointing development! I am not convinced "ignorance is bliss when no patch is available."

The Secure Browsing tab of PSI ver. 1.5.0.2 pointed me to SA41095, which initiated my search for more information and a possible work-around--i.e., the MS update and registry edit to block all DLL pre-loading attack vectors completely. I made a well-informed decision to continue to use all 3 Mozilla products on my PC with extra caution until patches become available, because I use neither a WebDAV client, nor SMB shares. The Secure Browsing tab of ver. 1.5.0.2 gave me the information I needed to measure the risk to my computer system and my on-line behavior posed by this threat. The beta version 2.0 does not. Without the information in the Secure Browsing tab, the value of the future PSI, represented by this beta version is greatly diminished, because its vulnerability-checking function has been discarded. It has been repurposed into a security patch checker, which tells me all is well, except it isn't. Very, very disappointing! A significant loss!

I hope Secunia will reconsider, and the final release of ver. 2.0 will inherit the Secure Browsing tab's vulnerability information from ver. 1.5.0.2.

Thank you for your feedback. Your position on the Secure Browsing tab will be considered.

on 6th Sep, 2010 03:12, Nergali wrote:

I think I've figured a comprimise to present to the Developers
have all drive appear in settings but only "Program Files" drives be checked by default, this will allow us to check the drives we want (perhaps with a dialoge stating no program files were initially detected on this drive, adding this drive may increase your scanning time (check here to never show this message again)) ) but still give most (newbie) people the speed of the current beta. (and it leaves us

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward your suggestion to our developers.

on 6th Sep, 2010 03:47, whatnow wrote:
As an experienced user I would like to see the option to be informed of an available update and load it myself instead of PCI doing it automatically. It is nice to have everything done for you but I have found when you automate everything that causes other problems.

You can globally disable Auto-Updates in the "Settings" tab. This will prevent any program from being automatically upgraded. Furthermore, you can also dis/enable Auto-updates for each individual program, by double-clicking it's entry under the Results tab, and deselecting "Auto-upate (program name)".

on 6th Sep, 2010 06:51, smurphdude wrote:

Again someone else who would like the Secure Browsing Feature and the upfront reporting of unpatched vulnerabilities to be carried forward to version 2.

Thank you for your feedback. Your stance on this issue will be considered.

of course, if anyone has further questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to ask/post.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

Harold2

RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
smallbiz RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 6th Sep, 2010 16:36
Score: 16
User Since: 26th Sep 2009
Clean, fast, bright, smart layout. Very professional.
Many thanks!
P.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Warrior RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 6th Sep, 2010 17:57
User Since: 13th May 2008
Last edited on 6th Sep, 2010 17:59
Patched ACDSee Photomanger 8.1 not detected correctly

Even after successfully installing the patch, PSI 2.0 beta reports the ACDSee Photomanger 8.1 as insecure, saying: "The version detected of ACDSee 8.x was 8.1.100.1 while the latest version including one or more security fixes is 2.1.1.0."

"2.1.1.0" is the version of the patch itself, witch applies to multiple versions of ACDSee programs.

Link:
http://secunia.com/advisories/25952/
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 7th Sep, 2010 08:32
... Why is PSI only detecting drive C: ? Drive D: is a physical hard drive, installed internally and connected to my IDE bus at drive 1 position. ...

Both drives now detected. Drive C: is the drive used by whichever OS I boot with. Drive D: is the OS not being used. Drive C: is selected and Drive D: is not, for either OS. This is correct detection for my machine.

Thanks again;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 7th Sep, 2010 11:04
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback

on 6th Sep, 2010 17:57, Warrior wrote:

Patched ACDSee Photomanger 8.1 not detected correctly

If you run a full rescan, you should be shown as secure.

on 7th Sep, 2010 08:32, thedillpickl wrote:
Both drives now detected. Drive C: is the drive used by whichever OS I boot with. Drive D: is the OS not being used. Drive C: is selected and Drive D: is not, for either OS. This is correct detection for my machine.

Glad to hear it. Let me know if there are any other problems.

Of course, if anyone has further questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
whatnow RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 7th Sep, 2010 16:11
User Since: 22nd Dec 2007
Thanks E.Peterson your reply to my feedback on auto updating and to other posters has been most helpful. I had found the Global selection but had not discovered the option at the individual program level.

The more bells and whistles I find the better I like the program. The programmers had a good start with Version 1 and have added to that with this version. PSI has made keeping up with what can be patched a lot easier. Please pass on my Thanks for making life easier.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 7th Sep, 2010 16:36
Last edited on 7th Sep, 2010 16:36
on 7th Sep, 2010 11:04, wrote:

If you run a full rescan, you should be shown as secure.

True. So it is just the individual rescan, witch did not show the pachted status correctly.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
KingTutt RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 7th Sep, 2010 19:35
Score: 44
User Since: 11th Sep 2008
Hello,

thank you for providing this Beta version. The good thing is, that there is now a tool which allows windows users to automatically update their software without the need to run several update-checkers (each for every tool installed).
However from the usability point of view I think PSI 2.0 is a step backward. The font of the different options (dashbord, scan, results) is very small in the context to the rest of the window. In my opinion the tab-view of version 1.5.0.x was much more user-friendly. The same applies for the "result" side: The list view is fine, but I would prefer to enable/disable the "Auto Update function" directly in the row of the application. At the moment you have to double click each application and enable/disable the option in its submenu. But the submenu itself is very unstructured, too. It is build up like a table, some details are left, some right, some in the middle. The details for an app in version 1.5.0.x were presented more user-friendly in the context of more tidy.

Never the less PSI 2.0 with auto installer is a step in the right direction to a windows system more secure.

Kind Regards
KingTutt
Was this reply relevant?
+0
jleezer RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 8th Sep, 2010 12:21
Score: 9
User Since: 7th Nov 2009
I noticed that the Dutch Firefox 3.6.8 gets updated via Auto Update to the 3.6.9 English version. Will this be changed so that the language will be retained?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
E.Jeppesen RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Secunia Official 8th Sep, 2010 15:04
Score: 220
User Since: 24th Nov 2008
on 8th Sep, 2010 12:21, jleezer wrote:
I noticed that the Dutch Firefox 3.6.8 gets updated via Auto Update to the 3.6.9 English version. Will this be changed so that the language will be retained?

Yes! We are aware that there may right now be an issue with non-English language versions when using the Auto Update functionality in the PSI 2.0 beta. This will be fixed very soon.
Expert Contributor 8th Sep, 2010 18:02

Hello Emil J. ,

There was a note in Jakob's original sticky for TP 1.9.0.0 saying that the "auto-update" facility only downloaded international/English versions .

I think people who have complicated settings in a foreign version of say Mozilla products need a very clear warning now that a reset to English (as a German user of Ff found to his cost using the TP) by the Beta will happen .

I have pointed this out to one or two posters , but forgot to tell you it was not included in the latest Beta sticky.

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
rlpotty RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 8th Sep, 2010 20:01
User Since: 6th Feb 2008
Had no trouble loading the new Beta version into my Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista.

When does the Auto Update occur? I was running Firefox and after the Beta installation and scan, the log indicated that an update was available for Firefox but no update would be performed because Firefox was running.

I had a problem trying to expand the Install Solution column in the Scan Results tab to view why Firefox was not being upgraded as the information was too long for the default width.

Other than that, the Beta loaded quickly, scanned quickly and seems to be working.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
jleezer RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 8th Sep, 2010 22:17
Score: 9
User Since: 7th Nov 2009
The Auto Update occurs at the restart of the applicable program.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 9th Sep, 2010 10:37
Hi,

@Anthony
on 8th Sep, 2010 18:02, Anthony Wells wrote:

There was a note in Jakob's original sticky for TP 1.9.0.0 saying that the "auto-update" facility only downloaded international/English versions .

This is currently considered a bug in the 2.0 Beta. Our developers are aware of the issue, and it will be fixed in a later revision.

on 8th Sep, 2010 20:01, rlpotty wrote:

When does the Auto Update occur? I was running Firefox and after the Beta installation and scan, the log indicated that an update was available for Firefox but no update would be performed because Firefox was running.

If a program is marked as "Auto-Updateable", as soon as the PSI realizes it needs a patch (after a scan), it schedules an upgrade. Every minutte, our updating agent checks for certain criteria - whether the program is running, if the file is locked, etc.
Once this tests succeeds, the upgrade will be installed.

on 8th Sep, 2010 20:01, rlpotty wrote:

I had a problem trying to expand the Install Solution column in the Scan Results tab to view why Firefox was not being upgraded as the information was too long for the default width.

Would it be possible for your to send a screenshot of this issue to us?
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Micros...
You can either send us the screenshot at support@secunia.com, or upload it a free image host.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
pottertd RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 9th Sep, 2010 20:24
Score: 2
User Since: 17th Jun 2008
I like the auto-update feature and look forward to additional applications being covered.

The one thing that bugs me is that I can't force the auto-update.

I see Flash 10.1.53.64 (ActiveX) is insecure, but reloading the PSI, and rebooting do nothing. Tried exiting and loading the PSI as well.

Really need to see a force update button. Don't care if I have to close apps, just do it now! ;-)

Cheers.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 9th Sep, 2010 20:34
Last edited on 9th Sep, 2010 20:37
@pottertd ,

The flash ActiveX file .ocx is locked by any/all programmes that use Flash . Prior to versoin 2.0 Beta of the PSI this included the PSI along with Messenger programmes and others . The auto update" checks continuously to see as/when the .ocx ActiveX software is released and should then update , provided you have "ticked the box" for it so to do .

So closing the PSI does not help , what else is using Flash that can you close from the tray icon or Task Manager ??

Hope this helps .

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 9th Sep, 2010 21:21
I think it's a catch 22. Secunia can't update it because it uses it. If I close it, then it won't update it.

There is nothing else open that uses Flash. I can even rename the file Flash10h.ocx

Tried unticking the auto-update for that program and ticked again. It downloads it but then is remains "scheduled for update".
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 9th Sep, 2010 21:53
Last edited on 9th Sep, 2010 21:58
on 9th Sep, 2010 20:24, pottertd wrote:
I see Flash 10.1.53.64 (ActiveX) is insecure, but reloading the PSI, and rebooting do nothing. Tried exiting and loading the PSI as well.

Try a manual update. Download the IE version here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Reboot. Install Flash. Now run a full scan of PSI. Manual remove old insecure versions and you should be fine.

You can check your and the latest version here:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 9th Sep, 2010 22:25
Last edited on 9th Sep, 2010 22:31
@pottertd ,

Like I said the Beta PSI no longer uses Flash to show it's pretty bits so that should not be a constraint . Other programmes do use Flash , MSN Messenger for example ; like the PSI , it may load at boot and even if you close the application , the process may still be running and so lock up the .ocx file and Flash cannot update .

@Warrior gives good advice as per Maurice Joyce here :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/520...

EDIT ; if it is showing "scheduled for update" , it should do so with the PSI closed or not before or at the next reboot .

Let us know how you go .

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 9th Sep, 2010 22:54
Ah...., now I have been using the technical preview version which had auto-update!

Just downloaded the "public beta" version and I can see some big changes. Note that when I tried running the .EXE to upgrade Secunia freaked out and would not close, so had to end with task manager. Not a problem you need to advise me on but maybe worth noting. Kept hitting the close button and it would open up again.

I do know how to update the flash module, I just wanted to see it happen automatically. Anyway it is done now with the new version in place.

Nice to see such quick responses and friendly advice.

Thanks everyone.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Tunaman RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 10th Sep, 2010 01:49
User Since: 18th Dec 2008
I recently loaded the PSI 2.0 Beta and am impressed by what I see. I do have one question that I haven't seen addressed.

When PSI updates a program, is there any notification to the user - prior to updating, during the update or after updating?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 10th Sep, 2010 08:56
Hi,

on 9th Sep, 2010 20:24, pottertd wrote:

The one thing that bugs me is that I can't force the auto-update.

Really need to see a force update button. Don't care if I have to close apps, just do it now! ;-)

"Forcing" an update in the situtation you mention could easily break your configuration. The criteria for some of our auto-updates (including Flash) is that the file we use for detecting isn't "locked" (in use). The flash installer itself will refuse to run if these files are locked. Therefore, to update Flash (and other applications) make sure there are no running instances.

The PSI update agent runs it's check every minute. So if you ensure nothing is using the Flash files, the update should go ahead within the minute.
As Anthony mentioned, the PSI in the 2.0 Beta version no longer uses Flash to render graphics - so you don't need to close the PSI to update Flash anymore.

on 10th Sep, 2010 01:49, Tunaman wrote:
I recently loaded the PSI 2.0 Beta and am impressed by what I see. I do have one question that I haven't seen addressed.

When PSI updates a program, is there any notification to the user - prior to updating, during the update or after updating?

Currently, there is no notification. This is quite intentional. As mention before in Secure research and blog entries, the end-user has to install quite a few patches, and do so reqularly, to stay secure.
The goal of the PSI 2.0 Beta is to ease this task, by silently upgrading as many applications as possible.
However, it is possible to see the current status of an application on the Results tab. Here, next to the application in question, a status will be shown, indicating whether the application is downloading a patch, installing, etc.

However, we've received some users suggestions for a global update log. Those suggestions are now in the hands of our developers, and will be considered according to user feedback.

Thank you all for your feedback.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
tjfs RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 10th Sep, 2010 11:12
User Since: 18th Jan 2008
System Score: 99%
Working fine for me so far.

One thing I'd really like to see - I still use Microsoft Office which is (correctly) flagged up as End of Life. It would be really great if PSI linked to the most recent binaries for the Office files so I can make sure I'm as safe as I can be. Getting patches for Office 2000 is really hard so this would help. Better still, auto install them!

Best wishes

Tim
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 10th Sep, 2010 12:12
Hi,

on 10th Sep, 2010 11:12, tjfs wrote:

One thing I'd really like to see - I still use Microsoft Office which is (correctly) flagged up as End of Life. It would be really great if PSI linked to the most recent binaries for the Office files so I can make sure I'm as safe as I can be. Getting patches for Office 2000 is really hard so this would help. Better still, auto install them!

The PSI uses KB numbers and Microsoft Update to check for patches for Microsoft products, including office. If you want to ensure you have all patches installed for any Microsoft product, simply check Microsoft Update (Or the build-in updater if you are on Windows Vista or 7).

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
tjfs RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 10th Sep, 2010 12:20
User Since: 18th Jan 2008
System Score: 99%
That's a nice idea, but Windows Update never supported Office 2000 and Office Update has been removed, so the only hope is if Secunia are kind enough to add this feature!

Best wishes

Tim
Was this reply relevant?
+0
rj81sr RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 10th Sep, 2010 18:32
User Since: 10th Nov 2009
Downloaded PSI 2.0 Beta a couple of hours ago and after running a scan and updating the programs it really worked very well.

I had been having trouble with running updates under the Psi program saying the update was already installed and upon rescan or restart it would still tell me I should update the same programs. After running this Beta version it cleared up what ever the problem was on my notebook.

--
Bob Vickroy
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 10th Sep, 2010 18:58
on 10th Sep, 2010 18:32, rj81sr wrote:
Downloaded PSI 2.0 Beta a couple of hours ago and after running a scan and updating the programs it really worked very well.

I had been having trouble with running updates under the Psi program saying the update was already installed and upon rescan or restart it would still tell me I should update the same programs. After running this Beta version it cleared up what ever the problem was on my notebook.

Double check the detected instances to see if there are multiple locations (or at least in the old version of psi, if you have two instances of the program listed). For example if you are trying flash and it says it's already updated, you may have other detectable locations for flash (like c:\i386) so it'll still come up unpatched. open the detected location that is not the default location and either delete the file or update it (I use copy paste for this). I did this when PSI detected old flash plugin installed in Adobe GoLive, I copy pasted the flash plugin from my flash install and the issue went away.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
motty RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 11th Sep, 2010 12:04
Score: -37
User Since: 12th Jun 2009
Last edited on 11th Sep, 2010 12:05
forgive me if the following has already been mentioned - don't have the time to read all the thread at the mo...

PROS: I generally like the new version. I like very much the idea of auto update especially when it comes to keeping family members updated. Although I like like too the control I have to turn off autoupdate for myself giving me the ability to control the install. I would be interested in seeing an example of how the auto update works though. Is it for example completely silent or does't it just dowload and launch an installer??

CONS: The one thing I really don't like is the way you have to open a new window "for additional information and options." I think there should be two levels here. You should still be able to see the toolbox icon options in the panel after clicking on the plus to the left of the program name with a click on another button (not double clicking on some text) opening a window with more detailed info. I also don't like the way tha window opens and is constrained with the window of the application. Why can't it open like a dialogue of any our windows program and be draggable outside of the main application window???

Another thing that is a little wierd is how you can tick the Auto-Updatable tickbox in the "Limit Results To:" bar and with the other three boxes unticked no programs get listed! the Auto-Updatable tickbox actually only limits the programs shown by the other tick boxes. bit wierd that... Also with all "Limit Results To:" boxes unticked nothing shows. if nothing is "limited", all should show rtight?? feels to me like the wording and labling there needs a little more work.

That's my feedback for now... thank you for helping to keep us secure...

--
my music: http://www.fromabrokenheart.com
Was this reply relevant?
+0
j.marcus.lehmann RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 11th Sep, 2010 12:29
After updating three machines (two of them are running Microsoft Windows XP, one of them is running Microsoft Windows 7) to this beta there have been a problem concerning my Secunia Community Profile. I used the same profile on all machines before running the update to the beta without any problems.

After running the update Secunia PSI only shows "HkzMWp8HwbGQDW2LV1oGPifxXLnjfT" as the current used profile. There's no chance to edit or delete this profile. If I want to update the profile to my current one the following error occurs: "Please select a different username as the username is already in use."

How to delete the current profile? How to set up a new profile? Can I use the existing one?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
derelict007 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 11th Sep, 2010 15:45
User Since: 11th Sep 2010
I didn't find any logs for this version but I han updated to IE8. I have WINXP Home Edition and IE SP2+SP3 installed. derelict007
Was this reply relevant?
+0
derelict007 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 11th Sep, 2010 15:55
Last edited on 11th Sep, 2010 16:24
Had a similar problem with login name and had to make a new one for the forum.
Had used separately PSI & OSI, now using PSI 2.0 BETA and have both connected. May have took that apart since using a new name.
I saw that Offce Professional was not recognized [ I have 2003] and it the end of life also.
It did pick up Adobe Reader 9.3.4, Flashplayer and Java 6 Udate 21 as something to be watched.
I had deleted from WINXP home ed., SP3 and had to reinstall 10 updates and SP3.
It did detect and error in Macromed/Flashplayer and I deleted the error.
All in all, with PSI, it had detectd 8 insecure programs vs PSE beta 56 insecure programs and listed that there were 65 insecure the last checkup.
It did not recognize 1 end of life that was alreaedy aware of.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
jan.killian RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 11th Sep, 2010 22:03
Score: 10
Last edited on 11th Sep, 2010 22:04
Thanks for your work! The autoupdate is very welcome for several friends/family windows computers, that I maintain (and didn't convert to Linux for specific reasons).

I also like the attitude to make it as simple for regular users as possible.
However I do miss the information that was present in 1.x advanced mode. These are the most important points I'd appreciate you to consider:

* create the mentioned autoupdate log for reference

* add 'show auto update balloon messages' checkbox to settings
- this would be imho welcome for regular users as well - to know that the system is updated and also understand why their connection may be lagging at the moment + they are already used to this behavior form windows update and antivirus definitions updates as well

* add 'show vulnerabilities without patch available' and 'show browsing security' checkboxes in settings
- indispensable information on existing vulnerability for people who care about several similar systems like me - was part of 1.x advanced mode

* import settings from previous setup on psi update/reinstall

Thanks!
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 12th Sep, 2010 06:14
(unknown source)
Another thing that is a little wierd is how you can tick the Auto-Updatable tickbox in the "Limit Results To:" bar and with the other three boxes unticked no programs get listed! the Auto-Updatable tickbox actually only limits the programs shown by the other tick boxes. bit wierd that... Also with all "Limit Results To:" boxes unticked nothing shows. if nothing is "limited", all should show rtight?? feels to me like the wording and labling there needs a little more work.

Agreed
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Greatdane RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 13th Sep, 2010 13:21
Score: -1
User Since: 9th Sep 2009
I am very happy with the beta program. It solved all the Office 2007 Enterprise vulnerabilities I couldn't accomplish for months. Everything works beautifully, can scan both C and D partitions, profile was saved and works. All I could ask for.

XP Home, IE8, 32 bit
Thank you PSI!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 13th Sep, 2010 13:53
Last edited on 13th Sep, 2010 13:54 Hi,

on 11th Sep, 2010 12:04, motty wrote:

I would be interested in seeing an example of how the auto update works though. Is it for example completely silent or does't it just dowload and launch an installer??

The criteria for inclusion as an "Auto-Updateable" product in the PSI is a totally silent install. We use the vendor-provided silent install flags.
A suitable example is the silent install for Mozilla Firefox 3.6.x

Curretly (as of 13/09/10), the latest secure version is 3.6.9. If you have a version less that this, the file http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.6.9... is downloaded.
When it runs, we use the silent install parameters (In this case "-ms /S") to install without user intervention. This is also why not all applications are silently updateable.

I hope this is an adequate explaination.

CONS: The one thing I really don't like is the way you have to open a new window "for additional information and options." I think there should be two levels here. You should still be able to see the toolbox icon options in the panel after clicking on the plus to the left of the program name with a click on another button (not double clicking on some text) opening a window with more detailed info.

This has already been suggested, and is being considered by our developers. However, I will ensure your comment reaches our ticket for this issue.

I also don't like the way tha window opens and is constrained with the window of the application. Why can't it open like a dialogue of any our windows program and be draggable outside of the main application window???

I will forward your suggestion to our developers, who will consider implementing it for a future version.

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I will forward your suggestion to our developers, who will consider implementing it for a future version. ;)

However, I do not immediately agree that this is an illogical arrangement. Removing the check for a "state field" (Patched/Insecure/End-Of-Life) will prevent results in that category from being shown.
Adding the checkbox for "Auto-Updateable programs" will limit the results listing to programns that can be automatically updated.

on 11th Sep, 2010 12:29, j.marcus.lehmann wrote:

After running the update Secunia PSI only shows "HkzMWp8HwbGQDW2LV1oGPifxXLnjfT" as the current used profile. There's no chance to edit or delete this profile. If I want to update the profile to my current one the following error occurs: "Please select a different username as the username is already in use."

How to delete the current profile? How to set up a new profile? Can I use the existing one?

Currently, there is no way to "un-register" the Secunia PSI 2.0 Beta from a certain profile. I will file a bug report about this issue.

The error you receive is simply making you aware that it is impossible to register the same username twice.

If your profile continues being shown as "HkzMWp8HwbGQDW2LV1oGPifxXLnjfT", could I ask you to provide us with a debug log? To achive this, first type "cmd" either in the Start > Run box (For XP), or directly in the search bar (For Vista and Win7). Then please run the following commands in the command prompt that appears:
cd "%ProgramFiles%\Secunia\PSI"

The PSI will now run in debug mode. Please let it run for about a minute, and, if your profile is still showing as "HkzMWp8HwbGQDW2LV1oGPifxXLnjfT", send us the newly created file %ProgramFiles%\Secunia\PSI\secunia.txt

Thank you for reporting.

on 11th Sep, 2010 15:55, derelict007 wrote:

I saw that Offce Professional was not recognized [ I have 2003] and it the end of life also.

If you are missing a program in the PSI, I suggest you file a "Software Suggestion". You can do this by clicking the "Are you missing a program?" button in the results tab. When filling out the form, please suggest the main executable of the program that isn't showing up in the results tab.

on 11th Sep, 2010 15:55, derelict007 wrote:

All in all, with PSI, it had detectd 8 insecure programs vs PSE beta 56 insecure programs and listed that there were 65 insecure the last checkup.
It did not recognize 1 end of life that was alreaedy aware of.

The mechanism for scanning has not changed radically, and the PSI still detects every program it did before (If anything, it detects more programs). However, a few of the specific changes in the 2.0 Beta could make it appear that some programs have disappeared.

One is that the PSI now tries to group several detections of the same program as one entry, and only counts it as one. This mean that if you, for example, have 5 installations of Google Chrome 5.x, only 1 will be counted and shown in the statistics. This is to avoid the confusion caused by "Zombie Files" (Upgrade leftovers), which was a common issue with older versions.

You can still see every detected instance by expanding the program entry under "Results". If you double-click the entry, a list with the appropriate statuses for each program.

Another is that the PSI now by default only scans the root drive (Which is usually C:), and the drive containing "Program Files" (Usually also C:). To scan other drives, you can go to the Settings tab and choose which drives you wish to scan under "Drives", simply by setting a checkbox next to the appropriate drive.

on 11th Sep, 2010 22:03, jan.killian wrote:

* create the mentioned autoupdate log for reference

This has already been suggested, and is currently being considered for a future version.

* add 'show auto update balloon messages' checkbox to settings
- this would be imho welcome for regular users as well - to know that the system is updated and also understand why their connection may be lagging at the moment + they are already used to this behavior form windows update and antivirus definitions updates as well

I will ensure your suggestion reaches our developers, who will consider implementing it for a future version.

* add 'show vulnerabilities without patch available' and 'show browsing security' checkboxes in settings
- indispensable information on existing vulnerability for people who care about several similar systems like me - was part of 1.x advanced mode

Your stance on this issue will be considered in our final decision. Thank you for voicing your opinion.

* import settings from previous setup on psi update/reinstall

This should already be the case, though a notable exception is the upgrade from the 1.x branch to 2.x. When applying normal updates to the PSI, all your settings should be imported into the new version.

Thank you all for your feedback! Please do not hesitate to post if you have further questions, comments, or feedback.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
motty RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 13th Sep, 2010 20:04
Score: -37
User Since: 12th Jun 2009
Last edited on 13th Sep, 2010 20:05
on 13th Sep, 2010 13:53, wrote:
However, I do not immediately agree that this is an illogical arrangement. Removing the check for a "state field" (Patched/Insecure/End-Of-Life) will prevent results in that category from being shown.
Adding the checkbox for "Auto-Updateable programs" will limit the results listing to programns that can be automatically updated.

The function of the tickboxes works, it's just the labeling don't match the funciton of the boxes. I suggest the following:

Show: Patched [ ] Insecure [ ] End-Of-Life [ ] Limit results to Auto-Updateable [ ]

As you say the first three don't actually limit, they list or show. Only the Auto-Updateable tick box actually limits results...

--
my music: http://www.fromabrokenheart.com
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 14th Sep, 2010 07:23

Please change it back to the old way. As most experinced users, I have an advanced setup with more than one drive containing data and programs. This was very confusing to me and I would not find out myself without the experince i made with the 1.x version.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 14th Sep, 2010 15:36
Hi,

[...]

Currently, there is no way to "un-register" the Secunia PSI 2.0 Beta from a certain profile. I will file a bug report about this issue.

The error you receive is simply making you aware that it is impossible to register the same username twice.

If your profile continues being shown as "HkzMWp8HwbGQDW2LV1oGPifxXLnjfT", could I ask you to provide us with a debug log? To achive this, first type "cmd" either in the Start > Run box (For XP), or directly in the search bar (For Vista and Win7). Then please run the following commands in the command prompt that appears:
cd "%ProgramFiles%\Secunia\PSI"

The PSI will now run in debug mode. Please let it run for about a minute, and, if your profile is still showing as "HkzMWp8HwbGQDW2LV1oGPifxXLnjfT", send us the newly created file %ProgramFiles%\Secunia\PSI\secunia.txt

Thank you for reporting.

[..]

Thank you all for your feedback! Please do not hesitate to post if you have further questions, comments, or feedback.

I solved the problem by uninstalling Secunia PSI, cleaning the whole registry and installing Secunia PSI again.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 14th Sep, 2010 15:56
Hi,

on 13th Sep, 2010 20:04, motty wrote:
The function of the tickboxes works, it's just the labeling don't match the function of the boxes. I suggest the following:

Show: Patched [ ] Insecure [ ] End-Of-Life [ ] Limit results to Auto-Updateable [ ]

As you say the first three don't actually limit, they list or show. Only the Auto-Updateable tick box actually limits results...

That is a logical observation. I will suggest a correction to our developers.

on 14th Sep, 2010 07:23, Warrior wrote:
Please change it back to the old way. As most experinced users, I have an advanced setup with more than one drive containing data and programs. This was very confusing to me and I would not find out myself without the experince i made with the 1.x version.

Your objection is noted. However, it is our belief that this behaviour will make the PSI easier to use for new and less technologically sophisicated users.

The reasoning behind this is a high number of threads on our forums concerning old backup versions of installed software that are located on other drives than the root and program files drives - People will then attempt to install the solution, which won't work as the program installed in the default path is already patched, and this is usually the version updated by installers.

While this may initially be a bit suprising to experienced users, we feel it will - all in all - make the PSI easier to use. And after all, it is a simply matter to include those drives for scanning that you feel need to be scanned.

If there are any further problems or questions, please do not hesitate to post.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 14th Sep, 2010 16:26
When the Community Forum is searched for the word "caret," this thread is the only one appearing in the results, so I am posting here. I am unable, however, to locate where "caret" appears in the text of this lively discussion. So, please forgive me, if this is repetitious ...

(Background: I used Venn diagrams at least 20 years before Tracy Kidder published The Soul of the New Machine; but I know precious little about the C programming language.)

My system is WinXP Home SP3, 32-bit. Prior to trying out PSI ver. 2.0 Beta, the ignore rule I created for the PSI looked like this:

e:\[bewildering string of 32 alpha-numeric characters]\i386

When I installed PSI ver. 2.0 Beta for a test run, 2 ignore rules appeared in the settings, which I did not create, nor did I change--namely,

^c:\ and e:\

Then, when I uninstalled the Beta and reinstalled ver. 1.5.0.2, the ignore rule containing the caret prefix was inherited by the older version of the PSI, as was the ignore rule for the E drive. All is well, I think (?), because drive C contains program files; drive E houses my data; backups created by me are written to an external hard drive, and the i386 folder remains on drive E.

Wikipedia tells me: In the C programming language family, the bitwise XOR operator is "^". Could someone knowledgeable please explain the function of the caret to someone, who is definitely not a geek? A basic understanding seems important to resting assured the PSI knows where to look for executable files.

Thank you,

Skeptia-9

WinXP Home SP3, 32-bit
PSI ver. 1.5.0.2 reinstalled after Beta test
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 15th Sep, 2010 13:58
Hi,

@Skeptia-9
This thread is a sticky, so it will always show up, no matter what you search for. What you have run into is a first time unusual issue. Could I ask you to send us a screenshot of the error occuring?

Did you have ignore rules specified in your old PSI installation, and if so, are you using the same profile now as you were then (if any)?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 15th Sep, 2010 16:12
Last edited on 15th Sep, 2010 16:15
For Emil and @skeptia-9 ,

I had exactly the same/similar experience when I went back to version 1.9.0.2 from 2Beta a couple of days ago .

When I checked in "settings" tab , I had ^C:\ and ^D:\ set as ignore rules (with no name) . I ran a couple of scans and they seemed to complete correctly ; I deleted the rules and the scan still copmleted correctly again . My previous versions of the PSI had no ignore rules .

I originally had trouble getting the "D" partition to show in the Beta and used the "workaround" of putting a folder from C:_Program Files into the D partition and it was then detected (as is posted by the person who found this method and myself higher up this thread)

For Emil ,

I suggested the Firefox plugin .dll file for Nuance PDF reader a couple of days ago , but it has not yet shown up ; the software has just got SA41410 .

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Scottie RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 15th Sep, 2010 21:34
User Since: 23rd Aug 2008
Well done Secunia! For the first time in ages I was able to achieve a 100% score. In the past, Secunia detected the previous version of Google Chrome rather than the current one on installed on my PC and so flagged up a problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 15th Sep, 2010 23:56
For Mr. Petersen:

Thank you very much for your prompt and intriguing response to my question.

The screenshot of the PSI's ignore rules for ver. 1.5.0.2, which you requested, is attached to my e-mail message sent to you at Secunia Support.

I did have one ignore rule specified in ver. 1.5.0.2 before I tried ver. 2.0 Beta. It was

E:\[string of 32 alpha-numeric characters]\i386

On the chance it might help, I am including a picture from the Windows shell of the directory structure on my PC, so you can see the source of the lengthy string to which I refer, which was included in the ignore rule I wrote to prevent PSI version 1.5.0.2 from picking up insecure executables located in the i386 folder (default back-up location for WinXP).

My user profile did not change between the time I created the ignore rule for drive E (around 01 June, when I added memory and storage space to my PC and reinstalled WinXP Home SP3, 32-bit) and the present. I double checked this, because I did write to you about a password-reset problem; but that was resolved last March.

Please note that I did not create the two ignore rules documented in the screenshot. PSI ver.2.0 Beta did that when it installed. I did not alter the two ignore rules at any time, nor have I attempted to add any additional ignore rules. When I removed the Beta and reinstalled PSI ver. 1.5.0.2, the old version inherited what you see in the screenshot from the Beta.

If any additional information would be useful, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Skeptia-9
WinXP Home SP3, 32 bit
PSI ver. 1.5.0.2
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 16th Sep, 2010 09:36
Hi,

@Anthony & Skeptia-9

About the issue with the "caret" ignore rules. Having talked this through with our developers, I can conclude that this is a "not a bug" issue. These ignore rules are added by default in the PSI 2.0 Beta for each drive, but aren't activated unless the user unchecks the drives for scanning. This, along with some work on the mechanisms of ignore rules, makes it possible it in- and exclude drives for scanning.

I will file a bug report to see if the handling for this issue can be improved, but this should only occur, or be a problem, if you downgrade from the PSI 2.0 Beta to an older version.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

on 15th Sep, 2010 16:12, Anthony Wells wrote:

I suggested the Firefox plugin .dll file for Nuance PDF reader a couple of days ago , but it has not yet shown up ; the software has just got SA41410 .

SA41410 was issued for Nuance PDF Reader 6.x, which is already in our database.
I have found the suggestion you issued, (Zeon Plus Plugin for Firefox?) and it was initially rejected, because we could not find a product page (or anything) relating to this product. This is why we added a feedback option in the 2.0 Beta. :)

However, I've added it now (as Zeon PDF Plugin (NPAPI Extension) 2.x).
If you run a full rescan, it should be shown.

If you happen to have a link to a product site or similar, it would be helpful if you could email it to us. Where did you obtain the software, and did it come as part of a suite?

Thank you all for your feedback. If you have any further questions or problems, feel free to post.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 16th Sep, 2010 13:56
Last edited on 16th Sep, 2010 14:00
Hi Emil ,

Thank you for adding the Zeon (Plus) PDF NPAPI Plug-in which displays in the "patched" tab and the "secure browsing" tab .In each case it is shown as an (NPAPI extension) although technically it's a "plug-in" and is displayed as such within Firefox and Chrome browsers .

I did not detail the supplier - being lazy (more haste , less speed) - as it is already detailed in the file path : ie : it is the name given by the Nuance (Free) PDF software to it's NPAPI plug-in and as displayed in the PSI :-

C:\Program Files\Nuance\PDF Reader\bin\nppdf.dll

My reason for posting the plug-in was to see it displayed in secure browsing ; at the moment it shows there as patched , but with SA41410 applying to Nuance it would seem likely to fall in the category "insecure , no solution" .

There is a related problem concerning the DivX Plus Webplayer 2.0.3.4 , which displays correctly in the "patched" tab but does not display as a/the NPAPI plug-in in the "secure browsing" tab ; but would/should be there and as "no solution ,insecure" relative to the SA41108 as applied to the DivX Plus Player 8 10.x :-

C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Plus Web Player\npdivx32.dll - as currently displayed in the PSI .

http://secunia.com/advisories/41108/

The same applies to M$ Silverlight 4.x display , but I cannot see a plug-in file unless this is appropriate :-

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\xapauthenticodesip.dll

It would presently show as patched in the "secure browsing" tab .

Thank you for your help , as ever .

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
derelict RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 16th Sep, 2010 15:25
User Since: 27th Nov 2009
I wish to be unsybbe from the threads - I like PSI 2.0 and will looking forward to replacing secuniaPSI 2.0 Beta. I had Belarc Advisor in but it has been removed-secunia is doing a better job even though it had originally reported 8 insecure progams , there was 10 insecure one and an item left over in Adobe Flashplayer.

--
derelict
Was this reply relevant?
+0
derelict RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 16th Sep, 2010 15:34
User Since: 27th Nov 2009
I had a older flash.ocxh with flash with the i. That can be deleted, if it won't delete, other alternative is to drag-drop on desktop, reboot and delete

--
derelict
Was this reply relevant?
+0
p.aradox RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 16th Sep, 2010 21:18
User Since: 16th Sep 2010
I'm a big fan of some of the new features of 2.0, specifically the seperation from flash and the grouping of older revisions to prevent the frequent flagging of chrome.

I did however want to agree with several other posters - I miss the secure browsing or "insecure, no solution" types reports considerably. Several times over the last few months PSI was the first to alert me to an insecure program, and it allowed me to change my behavior appropriately. The no solution reports are responsible for a significant amount of the value of PSI to me.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 16th Sep, 2010 22:43
For Mr. Petersen and the PSI's developers:

Many thanks for the good news that no serious problem lurks behind the caret.

I have tried what Anthony Wells described in a post above (Thank you, Anthony.) and have deleted both ignore rules. I followed with a cold restart routine, which may/may not have been necessary. Next, a rescan with PSI ver. 1.5.0.2. Everything went nominally with no ignore rules in the settings. All data presented by the PSI after the rescan were identical to those before.

Thank you,

Skeptia-9
WinXP Home SP3, 32-bit
PSI ver. 1.5.0.2 reinstalled after testing the Beta
Was this reply relevant?
+0

jasmine25

[+]
Member 17th Sep, 2010 14:31
Last edited on 17th Sep, 2010 14:31 Hi,

on 16th Sep, 2010 13:56, Anthony Wells wrote:

My reason for posting the plug-in was to see it displayed in secure browsing ; at the moment it shows there as patched , but with SA41410 applying to Nuance it would seem likely to fall in the category "insecure , no solution" .

It won't be shown unless our researchers have confirmed it's affected. I've forwarded the plugin and suggested they look at it. If the advisory gets changed, so will our rules.

on 16th Sep, 2010 13:56, Anthony Wells wrote:

There is a related problem concerning the DivX Plus Webplayer 2.0.3.4 , which displays correctly in the "patched" tab but does not display as a/the NPAPI plug-in in the "secure browsing" tab ; but would/should be there and as "no solution ,insecure" relative to the SA41108 as applied to the DivX Plus Player 8 10.x :-

The DivX players should be shown in Secure Browsing now, and so should silverlight.

on 16th Sep, 2010 21:18, p.aradox wrote:

I did however want to agree with several other posters - I miss the secure browsing or "insecure, no solution" types reports considerably. Several times over the last few months PSI was the first to alert me to an insecure program, and it allowed me to change my behavior appropriately. The no solution reports are responsible for a significant amount of the value of PSI to me.

Your stance will be considered, and I'll make sure your comments reach our developers.

on 16th Sep, 2010 22:43, Skeptia-9 wrote:

I have tried what Anthony Wells described in a post above (Thank you, Anthony.) and have deleted both ignore rules. I followed with a cold restart routine, which may/may not have been necessary. Next, a rescan with PSI ver. 1.5.0.2. Everything went nominally with no ignore rules in the settings. All data presented by the PSI after the rescan were identical to those before.

Glad to hear it. The reboot shouldn't be needed, though. Let us know if there are any further issues.

Thank you, everybody, for your feedback. If you have any further comments or questions, please don't hesitate to post!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
zendo RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 19th Sep, 2010 10:55
User Since: 19th Sep 2010
Hi,

My first post here and just to report some positives.

The prev. version (1.5.0.?) kept reporting about vista being insecure. Installing PSI 2.0 beta (1.9.0.3007) solved it.
Before the scan finished PSI reported which updates it thought were missing (the old version didn't so this is a plus). After the scan it reported correctly that there are no missing updates.

The scan is much faster; thanks for that.

The old version did not seem to take care of locale's when offering solutions to download (e.g. thunderbird. PSI downloaded a 3.1.3 english version while it should have downloaded a 3.1.4 dutch version).
I haven't tested this yet with this new version using auto-update.

The interface is better (simpler, cleaner).

thanks
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 19th Sep, 2010 14:02

Your stance on this issue will be considered in our final decision. Thank you for voicing your opinion.

Thanks for consideration! Here we have a good example with one of the favorite vulnerability providers Flash: http://secunia.com/advisories/41434/
The current PSI beta wishes me not to care and hides this info from me. But the reason I have it installed, is that I want to care.

That said, I fully support this being hidden from regular users by default.

Also I find a bit uneasy to not know when PSI was last updated. Now if I want to be sure, I have to run full scan, which is kind of overkill, because no new programs were installed, I only need to update PSI with latest advisories. Could you maybe provide the info on last/next-scheduled update the same way you do it with full scan? And put 'Only update advisories' button (or checkbox) next to 'Start scan'?

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 19th Sep, 2010 14:10
on 19th Sep, 2010 10:55, zendo wrote:

The prev. version (1.5.0.?) kept reporting about vista being insecure. Installing PSI 2.0 beta (1.9.0.3007) solved it.

Umm, was this a false report??

Or is it just, that the vulnerability checker you had installed with PSI 1.5 is not here anymore to tell you that you actually are vulnerable?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 20th Sep, 2010 17:18
Will there be another beta including translations to different languages?

I'd like to help translate Secunia PSI into German.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
blatny93 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 20th Sep, 2010 21:54
User Since: 10th Sep 2009
I have had no problem with PSI 2.0 beta.
My suggestions are that you retain some of the ui elements from stable such as a separate tab for browsers etc.
There are, of course, not many programs that are auto-updated but more the better. Ideally one would have an ubuntu like auto-update but that is very difficult to achieve with windows since we don't have a single 'package-manager' etc. But we can get near to this? Anyway, good work and I anticipate some interesting things in this area: There are rumours, for instance, of various companies, including windows, adopting an 'apt-store' model and, as such, since, then, there would be a single trusted source, it could be updated like linux!
Anyway, interesting times,

Yours sincerely

Lewis Deane.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Christ Michel RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 20th Sep, 2010 22:28
I love the new PSI 2.0
The dashboard is neet
Patches are well displayed.
I ant all updates.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
zendo RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 21st Sep, 2010 00:16
on 19th Sep, 2010 14:10, jan.killian wrote:
Umm, was this a false report??

Or is it just, that the vulnerability checker you had installed with PSI 1.5 is not here anymore to tell you that you actually are vulnerable?

It was a false report.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 21st Sep, 2010 13:02
Hi,

Before the scan finished PSI reported which updates it thought were missing (the old version didn't so this is a plus). After the scan it reported correctly that there are no missing updates.

Since the scanning mechanism has not been changed radically in the PSI 2.0 Beta, the insecure notification on Vista will most likely have been fixed by either a reboot, or a full rescan.

The old version did not seem to take care of locale's when offering solutions to download (e.g. thunderbird. PSI downloaded a 3.1.3 english version while it should have downloaded a 3.1.4 dutch version).
I haven't tested this yet with this new version using auto-update.

Currently, Auto-Updates do not take localizations into consideration. This is considered a bug in the PSI 2.0 Beta.

on 19th Sep, 2010 14:02, jan.killian wrote:

Also I find a bit uneasy to not know when PSI was last updated. Now if I want to be sure, I have to run full scan, which is kind of overkill, because no new programs were installed, I only need to update PSI with latest advisories. Could you maybe provide the info on last/next-scheduled update the same way you do it with full scan? And put 'Only update advisories' button (or checkbox) next to 'Start scan'?

Your suggestion will be taken into consideration. I will ensure that your feedback reaches our developers.

on 20th Sep, 2010 17:18, j.marcus.lehmann wrote:
Will there be another beta including translations to different languages?

I'd like to help translate Secunia PSI into German.

There will definitively be a PSI 2.0 Version with translations. If you are interested in helping us translate the Secunia PSI, please write us at support@secunia.com, and we will get in touch with you once it becomes necessary.

on 20th Sep, 2010 21:54, blatny93 wrote:

My suggestions are that you retain some of the ui elements from stable such as a separate tab for browsers etc.

Your stance concerning the Secure Browsing feature will be considered. Thank you for voicing your opinion.

on 20th Sep, 2010 21:54, blatny93 wrote:

There are, of course, not many programs that are auto-updated but more the better. Ideally one would have an ubuntu like auto-update but that is very difficult to achieve with windows since we don't have a single 'package-manager' etc. But we can get near to this? Anyway, good work and I anticipate some interesting things in this area: There are rumours, for instance, of various companies, including windows, adopting an 'apt-store' model and, as such, since, then, there would be a single trusted source, it could be updated like linux!
Anyway, interesting times,

It is not possible to have Windows-based install silently to anywhere near the degree it is possible with GNU/Linux (Or general *nix systems) package managers.

On Windows, the installers are prepared by the vendors, and a wide selection of tools (InnoSetup, NSIS, Wise Installer, etc) are available, all with different options for silent installations (which we need to actually "Auto-Update" software).
Furthermore, some vendors simply do not provide any silent install flags, which makes Auto-Updating possible. And some of the vendors that do have released installers that simply install non-functional software when run with silent install flags.
Others have released silent installers that install browsers/toolbar/general bloat, which cannot be disabled.

This is why it is not possible to automatically update every application. We try to auto-update as many applications as possible, but it is a very manual process.

On GNU/Linux systems however, an application is first compiled from source (with few exceptions), and then a package is created by the Distribution Maintainer (Sourcemage users, don't shoot me). In the case of Ubuntu, this means that Canonical prepares the packages themself, and makes it available for the APT package manager. Since the APT package manager is easily capable of silent installs, it is not a problem for GNU/Linux systems to quietly install all updates and applications.

Secunia has already suggested that a unified patch-management system be implemented, but while some vendors applauded the idea, nobody but Secunia took the initiative to move forward. For more information, see http://secunia.com/blog/80/

I hope this is an adequate explaination.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
fharris RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 21st Sep, 2010 13:06
User Since: 31st Mar 2009
On some (but not all) Win XP/SP3 computers the program stopped soon after launching. I found a workaround by setting the Compatibility option: "Turn off advanced text services".

The option to GoTo the Folder of an Insecure program has been removed. I would like that option to be re-instated.

Otherwise, I find the program easier to use than the old version.

Keep up the good work.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 21st Sep, 2010 14:15
Thanks for your reply.
As I say, windows is a much different beast than *nix. And, it is indeed, one of its great handicaps that there is no real ability to do a general update. Which we hope (and believe)!, PSI will help to solve. Especially with browsers and things like flash ( the annoyance that even chrome doesn't delete or overwrite is to the point). And especially for beginners, where www is a world of trouble!

I think the rumour, concerning either HP or? was that they would produce laptops with a pre-installed 'apt-store' like program, which would connect to a repository of tested and approved apps, per iTune.

By the way, I certainly didn't mean 'silent updates' - I would never dream of relinquishing that much control, whether in a *nix system and certainly not windows.

Anyway, thanks again for the info!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 21st Sep, 2010 14:27
I just realised what I've said is something of a contradiction to the aim of the project. What I mean is I would not allow a general automatic, 'silent' upgrade without being able to specify which programs I trust to upgrade properly.

However this brings me to a general point and a suggestion. In all my *nix installs and XP, I set my update systems to notify me, rather than to automatically install. Is this true with PSI beta and if not could that option be put in?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
gladstone03 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 21st Sep, 2010 14:38
User Since: 14th Dec 2009
I noticed that when bringing my laptop out of hibernation and if I don't have a network connection setup, then Secunia PSI will crash. Maybe there is a more graceful way to handle this. Maybe hibernate for a few minutes, try to connect again, if network is not available, then do a graceful shutdown or ask should I wait or shutdown.

Gary
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 21st Sep, 2010 15:37
Hi,

on 21st Sep, 2010 13:06, fharris wrote:

The option to GoTo the Folder of an Insecure program has been removed. I would like that option to be re-instated.

This feature is a part of the PSI 2.0 Beta. To use the Open Folder feature, double-click the program in question, right-click the installation you wish to open, and select "Open Folder".

The handling of this feature will be improved in the next PSI 2.x release.

on 21st Sep, 2010 14:27, blatny93 wrote:

However this brings me to a general point and a suggestion. In all my *nix installs and XP, I set my update systems to notify me, rather than to automatically install. Is this true with PSI beta and if not could that option be put in?

Currently, this is not possible in the PSI 2.0 Beta. However, in the next PSI 2.x release, there will be an opt-in setting to get prompted for each update to be installed.

on 21st Sep, 2010 14:38, gladstone03 wrote:
I noticed that when bringing my laptop out of hibernation and if I don't have a network connection setup, then Secunia PSI will crash. Maybe there is a more graceful way to handle this. Maybe hibernate for a few minutes, try to connect again, if network is not available, then do a graceful shutdown or ask should I wait or shutdown.

We will look into ways to improve the handling of this, and hopefully elimintate the issue all together.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 21st Sep, 2010 15:54
Thanks again.

A general system of notification is what is needed. For instance, with certain notorious adobe products - there is often a serious zero vulnerability but no update available. Perhaps a kind of warning system "This program has x problem and may expose you etc" when you launch a particular program? Hard to do, but an interesting idea?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 21st Sep, 2010 16:02
Of course, you wouldn't want to many 'notification' as it might scare the 'bejesus out of people. It would have to be based on a graded risk/usability calculation! Otherwise it would just be ignored!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 21st Sep, 2010 16:18
on 21st Sep, 2010 14:38, gladstone03 wrote:

Gary

Yes, this happens with 1.5 as well. PSI requires an Internet connection and terminates without it. And it also happens, when we put notebook to sleep. I would really appreciate Secunia not terminating at this point, and only updating advisories when the connection becomes available later.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 21st Sep, 2010 16:20
Last edited on 21st Sep, 2010 16:20
Btw, the autoupdate of Flash [ http://secunia.com/advisories/41434/ ] with PSI 2 beta worked OK using non-IE version of Flash for Opera/Firefox/Safari.

After starting PSI, it apparently downloaded the updated advisories, marked flash as insecure, started downloading the 10.1.85.3 update for it, and because Opera was started, it just scheduled it to run later. Few mins after quitting Opera, the update was installed. Good job! Thanks!
Was this reply relevant?
+2
P1h3r1e3d13 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 00:27
User Since: 22nd Sep 2010
I trusted Secunia PSI to inform me of out-of-date software and recommended it to friends and family for the same.

Today, I was surprised and angered to find that you had taken it upon your omniscient selves to decide how I want my computer managed.

Please tell me how to find the history of things that it has auto-updated so that I can reverse all of the damage you have done to my computer.

Once that is done, all Secunia products will remain uninstalled from my computer and any computers I work on until you correct this egregious flaw by defaulting auto-update to off or offering an explicit choice at install or first scan, before taking liberties with your users’ computers.
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 08:57
on 22nd Sep, 2010 00:27, P1h3r1e3d13 wrote:
I trusted Secunia PSI to inform me of out-of-date software and recommended it to friends and family for the same.

Same for me, but I did recommend them the stable 1.5 only, the 2 beta is not there yet.

Today, I was surprised and angered to find that you had taken it upon your omniscient selves to decide how I want my computer managed.

Having control is mandatory for me too. 10 people have often 10 different opinions how to do something the best way. Some settings in v2 beta targeted regular users who prefer not to know, and go quite against my needs. Yet I like how Secunia handles the beta program and communicates with us. It makes me actually believe, that the final solution will be a good one, providing simple out-of-the-box experience for regular users and advanced settings for power users. In the end, power users are the more active part of community and more importantly they are also the ones who bring them the regular users. Like you do and like I do. All people around me who are on windoze have PSI, and all were installed or recommended by me. The regular users usually don't even understand that they need something like PSI and why, or where to look for it and how to install it, until I explain them why and how, or install it myself.

Please tell me how to find the history of things that it has auto-updated so that I can reverse all of the damage you have done to my computer.

So, what was damaged?

Once that is done, all Secunia products will remain uninstalled from my computer and any computers I work on until you correct this egregious flaw by defaulting auto-update to off or offering an explicit choice at install or first scan, before taking liberties with your users’ computers.

Anger is not your best friend ;)
I understand the liberty point of view however. Respect.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 11:31
Hi,

on 21st Sep, 2010 15:54, blatny93 wrote:

A general system of notification is what is needed. For instance, with certain notorious adobe products - there is often a serious zero vulnerability but no update available. Perhaps a kind of warning system "This program has x problem and may expose you etc" when you launch a particular program? Hard to do, but an interesting idea?

on 21st Sep, 2010 16:02, blatny93 wrote:
Of course, you wouldn't want to many 'notification' as it might scare the 'bejesus out of people. It would have to be based on a graded risk/usability calculation! Otherwise it would just be ignored!

I will ensure thaty our suggestion reaches our developers. Thank you for your feedback.

There is currently no global log of Auto-Updates - But since this has already been suggested by several users, our developers are considering it for a later version.

I am sorry you did not want Auto-Updates, but since this thread (with the only download link to the PSI 2.0 Beta) is called "Auto Update your Programs", it was assumed that people would figure out that this version would install updates automatically. Perhaps we should have worded it more clearly.

If you wish to disable Auto-Updates in the PSI 2.0 Beta, you can go to the Settings tab, and remove the check at "Enable Automatic program updates".

There are already several suggestions for settings for more advanced users, including an installer option to disable Auto-Updates globally, or a prompt before any update is installed. I will add your comment to these suggestions, and our developers will consider implementing it for a future version.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
P1h3r1e3d13 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 11:42
Last edited on 22nd Sep, 2010 12:26
@jan.killian
on 22nd Sep, 2010 08:57, jan.killian wrote:
Anger is not your best friend ;)
I understand the liberty point of view however. Respect.

Thank you for tempering my admittedly heated reply.

on 22nd Sep, 2010 08:57, jan.killian wrote:
So, what was damaged?

Programs I don't necessarily want have been installed on my computer without my explicit permission. That's damage in my book. Plus, I can't find any record of what all has been done.

I understand the usefulness of auto-update and would probably even set it up on others' computers. I, however, have put no small amount of effort into ensuring that nothing auto-updates on my computer so that I can read every changelog and review every installation option. I consider it akin to tresspassing for PSI to do so without asking or even warning me. On principle, then, I do not wish to support a company that would tresspass on my system.

@E.Petersen
Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the harsh wording of earlier criticism. I am quite encouraged by the attention you are clearly paying to the comments.

on 22nd Sep, 2010 11:31, wrote:
I am sorry you did not want Auto-Updates, but since this thread (with the only download link to the PSI 2.0 Beta) is called "Auto Update your Programs", it was assumed that people would figure out that this version would install updates automatically. Perhaps we should have worded it more clearly.

I noticed the title, but did not think that the function would not automatically activate. I suppose I assumed it would ask me, or require some configuration. Or maybe it would be an “auto-update all your programs” button after a scan.

I started a scan, assuming it would show me results and give me options for dealing with them, as PSI has faithfully done for years. Instead, I returned to find new shortcuts on my desktop, indicating programs installed in my absence, and with default settings. (For example, Opera unhelpfully set itself as my default browser. This could even be a problem for the casual users at whom I assume the feature is targeted.)

Thanks for your work on improving PSI; I look forward to using it again when it’s been smoothed out a bit.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
VALROCHA RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 13:37
Score: -5
User Since: 24th Nov 2009
This Beta version of the PSI does not work and is very complicated. And to complicate matters further, not even use the English language!
While there is a good version, which was in use, I will. If you get this Beta in English, I will not use. Because simplesmnte not work!

USING LANGUAGE PORTUGUESE!!!

--
Nobre Luso
Was this reply relevant?
+6

VALROCHA

[+]
gervi RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 22nd Sep, 2010 14:32
Hello Forum.
I installed Secunia 2.0 beta, I wanted to know whether to quit the Italian language.
Thanks

--
Non è importante saperlo ma è importante QUANDO!!! lo sai.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
BankerBOE2 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 00:10
User Since: 19th Dec 2008
I second that - the 'checking connectivity' screen hangs about far too long - some 2 minutes on my system. I never experienced this at all in previous versions and would like an option to prevent it showing.

--
Intel Pentium 5 Dual Core
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8, Firefox current version
ESET Smart Security AV, Firewall.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
BankerBOE2 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 00:29
User Since: 19th Dec 2008
I would like to add a few points having read other posts.

My version 2.0 Beta does not recognise my F: drive (previous version did) - which is a 2nd physical hard drive on my system. Yet it recognises both of my external drives G: and H:

Apart from the annoyance in my last post above, I find the interface rather clunky and not so simple as the previous version. Click on live links to, say, insecure programs, often does not work and requires a few attempts to achieve success. Navigation too is not simple nor smooth.

On viewing insecure items, the link on the right to download the solution frequently does not work. When it does eventually, in this case with the update to Adobe Flash Player and Active X control, the download does not start. Perhaps this is a problem for Adobe, but have never encountered this before.

If I manage to get the download(s) to begin, despite my 4.5Mb broadband connection, a 2.7Mb file reports a download time of over an hour. This never occurred when updating Adobe using the previous Secunia version. Allowing for the fact that download speeds oscillate according to net usage, it should still take no more than a couple of minutes.

All in all I do not see any advantages of this version 2 Beta - I much prefer the simplicity and layout of the previous version - which did work, and work well. I shall revert to the older version at least until the final release of version 2.

--
Intel Pentium 5 Dual Core
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8, Firefox current version
ESET Smart Security AV, Firewall.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
nipomodan RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 07:51
User Since: 25th Sep 2009
Last edited on 23rd Sep, 2010 07:56
When I try to suggest a Missing Program, PTLite.exe (Power Tools Lite from www.macecraft.com), PSI returns two error messages. The first message is issued when I Browse to the executable file:
Unable to access the file.
The Secunia PSI cannot access the file you specified.

Please add the site 'https://psi.secunia.com' to the list of trusted sites in Internet Explorer and try again.

If the problem persists contact Secunia Support (support@secunia.com).

I am running IE 8 on Vista. I don't have a list of trusted nor untrusted sites but I can manually access psi.secunia.com from IE.

I responded OK to that message and the "Program:" line was set to "C:\Fakepath\PTLite.exe". So, I added the rest of the info on the Suggestion panel and pressed Suggest Software.

Then I received the second message:
File information
No file version information was available for the specified file. Please locate the main .exe or .dll for the program and try again.
I tried using Browse, again, to identify the complete path but the Program line was always changed to "C:\Fakepath\PTLite.exe".
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 23rd Sep, 2010 10:45
Hi,

on 22nd Sep, 2010 11:42, P1h3r1e3d13 wrote:

I understand the usefulness of auto-update and would probably even set it up on others' computers. I, however, have put no small amount of effort into ensuring that nothing auto-updates on my computer so that I can read every changelog and review every installation option. I consider it akin to tresspassing for PSI to do so without asking or even warning me. On principle, then, I do not wish to support a company that would tresspass on my system.

I have added your comments to our ticket concerning the "'Enable auto-updates' installer option" issue. Thank you for your feedback.

on 22nd Sep, 2010 11:42, P1h3r1e3d13 wrote:

@E.Petersen
Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the harsh wording of earlier criticism. I am quite encouraged by the attention you are clearly paying to the comments.
I started a scan, assuming it would show me results and give me options for dealing with them, as PSI has faithfully done for years. Instead, I returned to find new shortcuts on my desktop, indicating programs installed in my absence, and with default settings. (For example, Opera unhelpfully set itself as my default browser. This could even be a problem for the casual users at whom I assume the feature is targeted.)

We are aware of the issue with Opera. Currently, the only solution would be to completely disable Auto-Updates for Opera, since there is no installer option (that we have found) to disable this behaviour. If this is intolerable, I suggest you disable the Auto-Update feature for Opera.
We will be looking into handling these issue in the Beta period.

You are correct in assuming that the Auto-Update feature is aimed as casual end-users, btw.

on 22nd Sep, 2010 13:37, VALROCHA wrote:
This Beta version of the PSI does not work and is very complicated. And to complicate matters further, not even use the English language!
While there is a good version, which was in use, I will. If you get this Beta in English, I will not use. Because simplesmnte not work!

USING LANGUAGE PORTUGUESE!!!

What, exactly isn't working for you? The Secunia PSI 2.0 is in Beta, so some complications are to be expected. If you, however, explain your problem in more detail, I will either help you resolve it, or let our developers know about it.

As for the PSI 2.0 in Non-English languages, that will take a while. Once the User Interface for the 2.0 version is finished, our translators will have to manually translate every string in the new interface.

on 22nd Sep, 2010 14:32, gervi wrote:
Hello Forum.
I installed Secunia 2.0 beta, I wanted to know whether to quit the Italian language.
Thanks

There is no reason to quit the Italian language. :)
If, however, you are reffering to the missing translation in this version of the PSI, you will unfortunately have to wait until the user inferface is complete, and then until our Italian translators finish.

on 23rd Sep, 2010 00:10, BankerBOE2 wrote:
I second that - the 'checking connectivity' screen hangs about far too long - some 2 minutes on my system. I never experienced this at all in previous versions and would like an option to prevent it showing.

It is not possible to prevent this screen from showing. The PSI loads large parts of it's user inferface over the internet, which means that until it has finished, there is nothing to display.

However, if you set up your installation of Internet Explorer as described in this item of our FAQ, you shouldn't have to wait nearly as long (no more than a few seconds): http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

on 23rd Sep, 2010 00:29, BankerBOE2 wrote:
I would like to add a few points having read other posts.

My version 2.0 Beta does not recognise my F: drive (previous version did) - which is a 2nd physical hard drive on my system. Yet it recognises both of my external drives G: and H:

We have been investigating similar issues, and believe we have corrected the problem. The fix will be included in the next release - so keep an eye on the forum in the next few weeks.

Apart from the annoyance in my last post above, I find the interface rather clunky and not so simple as the previous version. Click on live links to, say, insecure programs, often does not work and requires a few attempts to achieve success. Navigation too is not simple nor smooth.

We have also been working to simplify aspects of the interface, and will include these changes in the next release. If you have a specific suggestion for a change, please let me know, and I will ensure that the information reaches our developers.

On viewing insecure items, the link on the right to download the solution frequently does not work. When it does eventually, in this case with the update to Adobe Flash Player and Active X control, the download does not start. Perhaps this is a problem for Adobe, but have never encountered this before.

To the best of my knowledge, all of our download links should work. Could I ask you to provide me with some more specific information?
What is your default browser?
Which update were you trying to download?
And is the issue still reproduceable?

If I manage to get the download(s) to begin, despite my 4.5Mb broadband connection, a 2.7Mb file reports a download time of over an hour. This never occurred when updating Adobe using the previous Secunia version. Allowing for the fact that download speeds oscillate according to net usage, it should still take no more than a couple of minutes.

I'm afraid this is entirely out of our hands. The downloads you are receiving are hosted by Adobe, and we only provide the links.

on 23rd Sep, 2010 07:51, nipomodan wrote:
When I try to suggest a Missing Program, PTLite.exe (Power Tools Lite from www.macecraft.com), PSI returns two error messages. The first message is issued when I Browse to the executable file:
Unable to access the file.
The Secunia PSI cannot access the file you specified.

Please add the site 'https://psi.secunia.com' to the list of trusted sites in Internet Explorer and try again.

If the problem persists contact Secunia Support (support@secunia.com).

I am running IE 8 on Vista. I don't have a list of trusted nor untrusted sites but I can manually access psi.secunia.com from IE.

To be allowed to upload files from your computer to our system, the Secunia site needs to be "trusted". To ensure that this is the case, follow the instructions in this item of our FAQ: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

I responded OK to that message and the "Program:" line was set to "C:\Fakepath\PTLite.exe". So, I added the rest of the info on the Suggestion panel and pressed Suggest Software.

The path was shown as "C:\FakePath" because the PSI is not allowed to access files on your system in this manner (Thus, the "trusted sites" setting). This is simply a default path filled in by Windows when applications request a location they are not allowed to access.

Then I received the second message:
File information
No file version information was available for the specified file. Please locate the main .exe or .dll for the program and try again.
I tried using Browse, again, to identify the complete path but the Program line was always changed to "C:\Fakepath\PTLite.exe".

The PSI can only make use of files that contain version information. To see if this is the case, right-click the file in question, and select Properties > Version. There should be a version number shown next to "File Version", and one or more properties containing version numbers that match the version of your software.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Slartibartfast27 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 24th Sep, 2010 09:07
User Since: 24th Sep 2010
I´ve got two Problems with the PSI 2.0 Beta:

1.) The Auto-update-Function does not seem to do anything
--> can you tell
- when the auto-update is intended to run?
- are there any preconditions to be met for the auto-update to run?

2.) The PSI does not start automatically on log-in.
I´m typically working as limited user under Win7 Professional 64 bit. I added the PSI as shortcut under
<myprofile>AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\PSI.lnk

This does not start automatically on login.
If I click manually on ...Start Menu\Programs\Startup\PSI.lnk I get a admin-prompt, enter my admin-password and the PSI runs.

How can I make PSI run automatically in the context of a limited user ?
(An admin-password query would be OK if it happens automatically on login.)

Thanks,
Chris
Was this reply relevant?
+0
RoboDoc RE: Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 27th Sep, 2010 21:52
User Since: 17th Sep 2010
An excellent beta. I was so impressed that I updated all 3 of my stable versions to it. No bugs so far and I like the improvements, particularly the much cleaner "dashboard" interface. I always had difficulties updating Adobe Flash for IE (which I otherwise do not use, as I do not use IE any more), which was required for the graphical interface. I don't know if the new interface still uses this add-in, as I have not needed to update it since installing the beta. If it still IS needed, in view if this and, in view of Adobe's poor recent record of vulnerabilities, is there any way to substitute a different graphics renderer and thus make it obsolete?

RoboDoc
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Maurice Joyce RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Handling Contributor 27th Sep, 2010 23:31
Score: 11569
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 27th Sep, 2010 23:33
The BETA version does not use Flash. The graphics do not currently work if U have upgraded to IE9 BETA othwise they are OK.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 28th Sep, 2010 08:40
Last edited on 28th Sep, 2010 08:41 Hi,

on 24th Sep, 2010 09:07, Slartibartfast27 wrote:
I´ve got two Problems with the PSI 2.0 Beta:

1.) The Auto-update-Function does not seem to do anything
--> can you tell
- when the auto-update is intended to run?
- are there any preconditions to be met for the auto-update to run?

The Auto-Update function certaintly should be doing something. For the applications marked for Auto-Updates, when an insecure applicaition is detected, it will schedule the update.

Once an Auto-Update is scheduled, it will check it's preconditions every minutte. These conditions wary for each Application, but generally it is either a question of the application running, or a certain file being locked for writing.

You can see which applications are Auto-Updatable in the Secunia PSI 2.0 Beta by checking the "Auto-Updatable" box on the "Limits results to:" bar on the Results tab.

on 24th Sep, 2010 09:07, Slartibartfast27 wrote:

2.) The PSI does not start automatically on log-in.
I´m typically working as limited user under Win7 Professional 64 bit. I added the PSI as shortcut under
<myprofile>AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\PSI.lnk

This does not start automatically on login.
If I click manually on ...Start Menu\Programs\Startup\PSI.lnk I get a admin-prompt, enter my admin-password and the PSI runs.

How can I make PSI run automatically in the context of a limited user ?
(An admin-password query would be OK if it happens automatically on login.)

Currently, there is no way to automatically run the PSI as a limited user. However, the handling of least-user privilige is one of the things we will be looking into improving during this Beta period. Stay tuned for future releases ("Great things are afoot!").

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Slartibartfast27 RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 28th Sep, 2010 21:46
User Since: 24th Sep 2010
Dear Mr Petersen,

thank very much for the quick and helpful response. I think I can live with starting Secunia manually as limited user and enter my password (or: swipe my finger over my fingerprint reader).

According the auto-update: I guess the reason why it did not update my flash player could have been that Firefox was open all the time.

Related to this I would suggest two small features to make PSI more transparent:

a) If the PSI cannot auto-update an application it should give a warning (either in a pop-up dialog or in the dashboard) with the reason why it cannot auto update. It would be great if this reason would be followed by a hint what to do, e.g. close some programs.

b) Could you implement a view in PSI showing the conditions not met but required for auto-update? That would be fabulous and would save you much time answering questions like mine ("Why is auto-update not working?") ;-))

Thanks,
Chris

on 28th Sep, 2010 08:40, wrote:

The Auto-Update function certaintly should be doing something. For the applications marked for Auto-Updates, when an insecure applicaition is detected, it will schedule the update.

Once an Auto-Update is scheduled, it will check it's preconditions every minutte. These conditions wary for each Application, but generally it is either a question of the application running, or a certain file being locked for writing.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
JohnRBurns RE: Auto Update your Programs - Secunia PSI 2.0 Public Beta
Member 29th Sep, 2010 02:18
User Since: 12th Feb 2010
Secunia System Score 10 week history is not showing percentage bars. Is there a problem?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 29th Sep, 2010 09:15
Hi,

on 28th Sep, 2010 21:46, Slartibartfast27 wrote:

Related to this I would suggest two small features to make PSI more transparent:

a) If the PSI cannot auto-update an application it should give a warning (either in a pop-up dialog or in the dashboard) with the reason why it cannot auto update. It would be great if this reason would be followed by a hint what to do, e.g. close some programs.

b) Could you implement a view in PSI showing the conditions not met but required for auto-update? That would be fabulous and would save you much time answering questions like mine ("Why is auto-update not working?") ;-))

A feature similar to what you propose has already been suggested (Under the heading "PSI should show which applications are preventing an Auto-Update from running"). I will ensure that your comment is added to our ticket for this issue, and will be considered by our developers.

on 29th Sep, 2010 02:18, JohnRBurns wrote:
Secunia System Score 10 week history is not showing percentage bars. Is there a problem?

Have you recently installed the IE9 Beta? If so, you should be aware that Dashboard graphics for this version of Internet Explorer is currently not supported.

If anyone should have any further questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability