xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Overview page reflects me as "Unregistered user" after re-install...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Jersey_Devil Overview page reflects me as "Unregistered user" after re-install of OS & PSI.
Member 17th Sep, 2010 01:20
Ranking: 9
User Since: 29th Apr, 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 17th Sep, 2010 01:21

I have made several (3) attempts in the last 36 hrs or so to recover my existing profile in PSI, each time receiving a dialog box confirmation that an E-mail has been sent... but as of yet have not received any correspondence from Secunia. I just checked my forum profile and it shows my current (and correct) e-mail address there. The short version as to why I had to re-install PSI & OS (Win XP Home SP3) is a botched (by me) unattended re-installation using nLite, and also, I SUSPECT at least one corrupt download, possibly the SP3 monster. (316MB) or...sorry, I digress...back to the thread topic...is it possible that I used another e-mail address to register as "Jersey_Devil" thru the PSI program? Or is that even possible (seperate profiles, one for this forum & one for PSI)

Thanks in advance for the anticipated informational replies, and thank you for all you do.

Joe, aka "Devil"

--
Gateway NV59C
Win 7 HP SP1 x64, XP Home SP3
FFox latest Ex-PLODE-r 11
PSI v2 MVPS Hosts
Avast 9 FREE

Post "RE: Overview page reflects me as "Unregistered user" after re-install of OS & PSI." has been selected as an answer.
This user no longer exists RE: Overview page reflects me as "Unregistered user" after re-install of OS & PSI.
Member 17th Sep, 2010 08:35
Hi,

Have you checked your email accounts junk folder?

Our profile recovery system should be working, so if you've verified your current email account is used, you should be able to receive our emails.

For the installation of the PSI where you are trying to recover your profile, could you try configuring your installation of Internet Explorer like described in this item of our FAQ? http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
Follow the instructions and give it another try, remembering to check your junk folder.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Jersey_Devil RE: Overview page reflects me as "Unregistered user" after re-install of OS & PSI.
Member 17th Sep, 2010 10:02
Score: 9
User Since: 29th Apr 2010
Last edited on 17th Sep, 2010 10:02
Thanks for your reply.

I have indeed done both. Nothing in my spam folder, and I am sure that Secunia is not blocked by my e-mail provider (G Mail) because I received the weekly summary which I am subscribing to. I had also done the IE configuration as described in the link you provided. I came across those instructions because after re-installing Windows XP, M$'s Data Execution Prevention was blocking PSI from scanning my laptop--even though I don't use Internet Ex-PLODE-r for PSI, Firefox is set up as my default. I had to completely turn off DEP to even get PSI to complete a scan. Using this method did not work: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/566/xp-sp2-how-to-t... I had to hack the boot.ini with this switch /NoExecute=AlwaysOff to get PSI to complete a scan.

I will search for similar config tweaks for FF, but please do not hesitate to make any suggestions/ provide any links if you should be so inclined.

Thanks again.
Joe, AKA "Devil"

--
Gateway NV59C
PSI v2 MVPS Hosts
Avast 9 FREE
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Jersey_Devil RE: Overview page reflects me as "Unregistered user" after re-install of OS & PSI.
Member 17th Sep, 2010 10:12
Score: 9
User Since: 29th Apr 2010
I guess the 4th time is the charm in this case. I just attempted profile recovery again---this time I received an immediate e-mail response and all is good.

I am locking this thread, Thank you once again!

--
Gateway NV59C
PSI v2 MVPS Hosts
Avast 9 FREE
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Overview page reflects me as "Unregistered user" after re-install of OS & PSI.
Member 17th Sep, 2010 13:30
Hi,

I took the liberty of re-opening your thread to add this comment. Hope you don't mind. ;)

We have been investigating the issue you mentioned with DEP. In fact, special flags for the executable have been prepared to work around these issues. Please have a look in this thread, http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/482... , and try following the instructions I posted 2nd Sep, 2010 09:36. They should let you run the PSI without any special modifications, and without globally changing your DEP settings.

Now the thread is locked.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+