Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: secunia scans the wrong drive

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
curajong21 secunia scans the wrong drive
Member 13th Oct, 2010 07:00
Ranking: 0
User Since: 23rd Oct, 2009
System Score: N/A
I use Win XP Pro on a standalone desktop PC. I like Secunia PSI and have readily recommend it to others. My internal hard drive is partitioned C:\ ,D:\,and E:\ and I have an external hard drive G:\ which is used only for backing up all the PC programs and data on the internal hard drive.

When Secunia PSI scans my PC it selects the programs from the back up drive G:\, which are necessarily earlier versions of programs installed on C:\, D:\, and E:\ drives. How do I set up Secunia PSI to scan only the current versions of programs on my C:\, D:\, and E:\ drives?

Thank you,

currajong21

Post "RE: secunia scans the wrong drive" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: secunia scans the wrong drive
Expert Contributor 13th Oct, 2010 08:35
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 13th Oct, 2010 08:52
Hello.
If you are sure it is safe to ignore drive G you can create an Ignore Rule. Go to the Settings page and fill in the details....then click on Create Ignore Rule.
psi will stll continue to scan the drive but the Results won't be shown.
Hope this helps......regards,

PS.
The following may be of use for future reference: copy of recent official reply to another.
.................................................. .............
Ignoring individual programs.

For 1.5:
Switch to Advanced Mode
Click the + next to the Program Name
Click the Ignore button
In 2 Beta , for an individual programme :-

1)on the results page either click the [+] and then double click the expanded entry displayed or double click the original entry :

2)in the opened window , look in the bottom module "detected installation" and right click the programme entry as suggested and you have the choices of "open folder" and "ignore rule" .

The latter sets/you confirm the rule for the individual programme .

"Settings" in both 2 Beta and 1.5x have a facility to create your own ignore rules .

If you follow the instructions posted above, you will be able to ignore the PSI's results from a specific program. Keep in mind, though, that simply ignoring a problem will not deal with the threat it faces.

Please also note that in PSI 1.x versions, an "ignored" directory will still be scanned, though the results will be disregarded, while in the PSI 2.0 Beta, ignoring a drive or folder will truly omit it from scanning.

Emil R. Petersen
Secunia PSI Support

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+