Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: various bug report

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as resolved.
thedillpickl various bug report
Contributor 13th Oct, 2010 22:40
Ranking: 376
User Since: 3rd May, 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 13th Oct, 2010 22:47

Hi;

I have not been keeping up on threads about this beta. I have looked at the topic headers and didn't see my specific problems.

Machine: Acer Aspire One netbook, Intel chips
Internet connection is wireless router to DSL 768 MB

> Started PSI beta, splash screen reports it's attempting to connect but no internet activity is observed. After about 3 minuets, I assume it is hung*.
> Restarted PSI, Auto Update found Java JRE Insecure and updated OK.
> PSI reported 0 Insecure. Had MS Updates report 13 high priority available for download.
> Started manual, full scan.
> PSI now shows 4 Insecure MS products.
> Dashboard will not load.
> Scan Results, Secure Browsing and Scan your PC, no display and/or not functioning.
> Secunia System Score reports 0%.

> Exit PSI and restart, PSI show MS product to update, everything seems to function normally.

*I'm not sure if this is always for the same reason. I am aware of 4 different computers that have the hang on startup problem and it is on going.

If these problems have been reported and a solution is forthcoming, my apologizes.

Regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis

Post "RE: various bug report" has been selected as an answer.
Anthony Wells RE: various bug report
Expert Contributor 13th Oct, 2010 22:49
Score: 2445
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 13th Oct, 2010 22:52
Fred ,

When you have no access to various pages was everything greyed out with an error message as per :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/580...

If so , this is a known bug and an icon exit and restart should cure it . The problem repeated itself for me yesterday , but did/would not clear up initially . It did after an hour or two .

What's Hal doing on broadband ?? must think he's in heaven :))

Does that help ??

Anthony

Hang on start up is not widely reported atm .

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+2
thedillpickl RE: various bug report
Contributor 14th Oct, 2010 00:20
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
Last edited on 14th Oct, 2010 00:23
Thanks Ant;

The dashboard problem had the "Type Error" message (greyed out) discussed in the link to your thread. Further 'clicking' on dashboard did nothing. The other three pages (not greyed out) had various responses. The scan results page had all the stuff at the top with no files listed below it. I think (don't remember for sure) secure browsing was the same, not listing any browsers and the scan page being completely blank.

The problem was resolved by stopping & restarting PSI. I would think Secunia would prefer the final release not act this way. A looooong time ago, in a land far, far away, the first step to troubleshooting a problem with a computer was to reboot. 9 times out of 10 this 'fixed' the problem. Seems kind of hokey that some of the issues here and those I have been experiencing with MS's latest wonder OS, are solved by a 25 year old 'fix'. (BTW, back then, the problem with 8086 processor operation was the memory buffer would get full because some stupid DOS program wouldn't clean up after itself when it closed.)

AFA broadband: I'm 'talking' on HAL-Jr (working at my friends house) as Big HAL is not DOA, but is in the critical ward, awaiting the operation to save his life. Seems HP's idea of how to cool the graphic processor chip wasn't so hot (Oh, ouch. Even I found that to be a foul pun!). The last time, I replaced the whole mother board, this time I think I can refloat the solder on the GPU and make it work (fingers crossed). If funds make themselves available, HAL-4000 may be on the horizon.

Also have been helping/watching set up Lloyd's (actually, it's his wife's) Lenovo Think Pad. Win 7 64bit is a pain to make work with older equipment, but that's a different fairy tale.

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+3
This user no longer exists RE: various bug report
Member 14th Oct, 2010 11:11
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will be investigating the issues you have reported.

As for this thread, feel free to keep it open, and I will post back once we have more information.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: various bug report
Member 15th Oct, 2010 09:54
Hi,

After tests, I have been unable to reproduce any of these issues.

For a temporary solution, please ensure that all your settings match those described in this item of our FAQ: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

In the final release, when all the minor bugs have been ironed out, this issue should no longer occur.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
thedillpickl RE: various bug report
Contributor 15th Oct, 2010 16:42
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
Thanks Emil;

Have not had the problems reoccur.

May have been a one time & local thing.

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer