Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: version 1.5.0.2 showing IE8 and Win7 as insecure

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
gwilki version 1.5.0.2 showing IE8 and Win7 as insecure
Member 15th Oct, 2010 16:20
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
I am running version 1.5.0.2 on a Win 7 64 bit PC. It is showing IE8, IE8 64 bit and Windows 7 as insecure.

I have installed all the updates provided by Microsoft. When I click on the "download solution" button, MS says all is fine.

This has happened in the past, but has resolved itself within one day of the MS patch tuesday releases. This time, PSI is stilling giving false positives.

Is there anything to be done other than selecting the ignore option?

TiMow RE: version 1.5.0.2 showing IE8 and Win7 as insecure
Dedicated Contributor 15th Oct, 2010 16:48
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
I, too, have had some PSI reporting irregularities with M$ software, using 1.5.0.2 on XP.

My situation eventually sorted itself out after several checks with M$ Update, where downloads occurred (for some reason I didn't get Auto Update this time round); many re-boots and re-scans.

If you have satisfied yourself that there are no more available updates from M$, it may be a case of waiting a short while longer.

I would not recommend setting an "Ignore" on such important software - "out of sight" could well turn into "out of mind" to your detriment.

You could double check if you have all M$ KB updates, by downloading and running Belarc Advisor:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
gwilki RE: version 1.5.0.2 showing IE8 and Win7 as insecure
Member 16th Oct, 2010 02:41
Score: 0
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Thanks for this. I did a Belarc scan and it did find one outstanding MS update. However, it related to .net 3.5.1, which is not installed on my PC. I don't have any versions of .net framework installed.
Since PSI is finding problems with IE8, and since the outstanding MS update is over 2 weeks old, I don't believe this is what PSI is seeing.
I'll wait a while to see if the issue resolves itself.
Thanks again
Was this reply relevant?
+0

Mindkeeper

RE: version 1.5.0.2 showing IE8 and Win7 as insecure
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
mogs RE: version 1.5.0.2 showing IE8 and Win7 as insecure
Expert Contributor 16th Oct, 2010 10:03
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 16th Oct, 2010 10:05
gwilki............................................ .................................................. ...........................There are a number of recent threads on the forum concerning .NET problems, which it might be worth you reading thro'.
The current arrangements for Windows 7 are as follows; with a fully patched machine.....tho' I have it on good authority that you need not .NET 4.
WINDOWS 7
It seems likely perhaps that some interdependance has evolved, and that is what Secunia and Belarc are indicating as being absent in your case. Just a suggestion tho'................regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability