Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Adobe Photoshop 7x EoL

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Photoshop 7.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
triggerhippyfr Adobe Photoshop 7x EoL
Member 29th Oct, 2010 12:08
Ranking: 0
User Since: 17th Feb, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hello using PSI 2.0 beta version 1.9.0.4001 , i got today the message that my photoshop 7.x is considred as End of Life , and the solution brought me to the page of Photoshop CSS , that i imagine is the new and secured version of photoshop ...

my question is , can i keep my photoshop in my version without updating it or changing it to photoshop CSS , i presume that i should buy the new version , and my old version gives me what i need for my utilisation .

i don't know if i 'm really clear there , but my point is , if my old photoshop version is suiting me , maybe i can just indicates to PSI to not scan it and find it vulnerable maybe !!!

can u advise me how to do it , i didn't find it . and what about the real risks on the net using and end of life version of this specific program ? would a door be open if i'm using my old photoshop version connected to internet , and some people could access to my computer trough it ?

or the risks are really minimals or are they're massives ????

thx for ur answers and advices .

mogs RE: Adobe Photoshop 7x EoL
Expert Contributor 29th Oct, 2010 14:40
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
Here's a copy of the Secunia Advisory for the product :-

Advisories by ProductAdobe Photoshop 7.x
Vulnerability Report: Adobe Photoshop 7.x
This vulnerability report for Adobe Photoshop 7.x contains a complete overview of all Secunia advisories affecting it. You can use this vulnerability report to ensure that you are aware of all vulnerabilities, both patched and unpatched, affecting this product allowing you to take the necessary precautions.

If you have information about a new or an existing vulnerability in Adobe Photoshop 7.x then you are more than welcome to contact us.

Vendor, Links, and Unpatched Vulnerabilities

Vendor Adobe Systems

Product Link View Here (Link to external site)

Affected By 0 Secunia advisories
0 Vulnerabilities

Monitor Product Receive alerts for this product

Unpatched 0% (0 of 0 Secunia advisories)

Most Critical Unpatched
There are no unpatched Secunia advisories affecting this product, when all vendor patches are applied..

End of Life means that the vendor has ceased support for the product....a term I don't see in the above advisory.
At a time when Adobe products receive plague proportion malware attention in general, your question regarding the keeping of such seems most foolish.
Having said that if you are sure you perhaps have the program in a safe location, you could create an ignore rule for.
In psi 2.0 Beta...you should go to :-
Configurations/Settings/Ignore Rule....and complete the details.
I havn't found very much else on the forum concerning....previous threads....perhaps there's an alternative ?
Hope the foregoing is of some help/info.....regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
triggerhippyfr RE: Adobe Photoshop 7x EoL
Member 29th Oct, 2010 15:23
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Feb 2010
hello Mogs ! thx for the answer !!! :)

If i understood well , the secunia advisory is good about Photoshop 7x , and they're not aware yet that is EoL , i presume they will make the change in the future when they 'll have time i guess ... (?)

but i didn't understand very well the paragraph about Adobe and the plagues of threats , and the place where it is installed on my computer ...

Adobe products ( and this program Photoshop 7x ) are a serious threat who could be used by others to access my computer if they're not placed on a safe place on the computer ??? is that it ???

my photoshop 7x program is installed on my C disk , in my program files , like most of my programs ...

should I install it on another place ???

sorry for my misunderstanding
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: Adobe Photoshop 7x EoL
Expert Contributor 29th Oct, 2010 20:54
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
From my reading of the Advisory as it is; it is saying that if all patches are applied/up to date; it isn't vulnerable. Tho' Secunia has advised via psi, that the vendor has ceased support for the product, maybe 'tis safe enough for a while ? I'm trying to discern the situation myself. Will the status in the advisory change shortly ?
With regard to my statement re :- Adobe products and seemingly plagues of attack....they seem to be magnets for malware.
I was merely intimating....without knowing how Photoshop works exactly....that you should take as much care as possible...and that possibly there's better practice in the use of. Maybe someone else on the forum will have further advice. Whatever, I don't think it is a situation you should choose to ignore.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
triggerhippyfr RE: Adobe Photoshop 7x EoL
Member 30th Oct, 2010 16:24
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Feb 2010
ok Mogs Thx for ur advices !!! cheers :)
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer