Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Fail to get bryond "interface loading"

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
d.janeway678 Fail to get bryond "interface loading"
Member 17th Nov, 2010 04:06
Ranking: 0
User Since: 17th Nov, 2010
System Score: N/A
Still unable to access Secunia PSI. Tried 1.5.0.1, 1.5.0.2, and 2.0Beta versions.

Get to Header band with back and forward arrows and Home, at top left.
Secunia Personal Software Inspector Interface Mode Simple | Advanced, at top right.
Please wait while the Secunia PSI interface is loading This is expected to take less than 10 seconds
Horizontal "barber pole" below

Regadless how long I wait, this is a s far as it goes. Have also tried Reloading Interface with same result.
Suggestions appreciated.

Desktop - WinXP Pro SP3 all patches/updates, 3GB RAM, ZoneAlarm with Secunia allowed, AVG antivirus.
Dial up connection is only available.

Post "RE: Fail to get bryond "interface loading"" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: Fail to get bryond "interface loading"
Expert Contributor 17th Nov, 2010 09:48
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
Have you checked that all your settings in IE8 (?) correspond exactly to those found in the FAQ's....particularly note 3.....:-
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal... FAQ's
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
HOW IT WORKS
I've found that it's an advantage to set IE as your default browser...to keep it as such, until you have completed a successful in stall....thereafter you can revert to the default browser of your choice.
If you have uninstalled/installed different versions of psi, you may have set up conflicts....it is advisable to clean out temporary files etc., and at least run the Registry cleaner in CCleaner between installs.
IE9 is not compatible with psi 2.0 Beta.....I'm not sure about previous versions of psi.

Hope the foregoing is of some help.......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+2
d.janeway678 RE: Fail to get bryond "interface loading"
Member 17th Nov, 2010 17:22
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Nov 2010
System Score: N/A
Yes, I have uninstalled and installed several versions several times. I will try CClean up and re-install. Another problem is I do not use IE. I use latest versions of Firefox and Opera. If PSI will not operate without IE, I am out of business. Please advise if there is a work around using one of these browsers.

Thanks for help. Don
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: Fail to get bryond "interface loading"
Expert Contributor 17th Nov, 2010 19:41
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello again.
As far as I'm aware there is no workaround the problem you're having.....psi relies on various settings being made in IE., as you will see set out in the FAQ's.
As you are probably also aware, IE is an integral component within Windows, and the preferred, if not secondary browser for many others.....the reason why Secunia adheres to it.
What is your Operating System ? Wouldn't it be worth you installing IE8 to facilitate use of psi ? If you are able to do so, please be advised that IE9 is not compatible with psi 2.0 Beta at least.
Sorry I can't be of more help.......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+