Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: ?system score.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as resolved.
MaritimeRider ?system score.
Member 20th Nov, 2010 20:22
Ranking: 22
User Since: 15th Mar, 2009
System Score: 100%
For Michael.
With a 100% score I am again receiving a yellow icon in my system tray; which ?should be red. I am wondering if the yellow icon is referring to the user system score running secunia or is this a bug. I have no vunerable programs. The yellow icon is the only flaw that is present(96%) Everywhere else on the dashboard is 100%. What do I trust?

Post "RE: ?system score." has been selected as an answer.
Anthony Wells RE: ?system score.
Expert Contributor 20th Nov, 2010 20:48
Score: 2414
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

Hello MR ,

It's not Michael :(( but it may well be a "bug" or quirk to your system . In the Beta the tray icon is a greeny colour for 100% ; it is also most impossible to see on the XP blue background and was reported as such in the last Beta and Secunia are "looking " into it .

The red colour is now when you are bad and have not updated ; like the 0% score when the servers were down .

The weird yuk colour is the PSI's equivalent of "amber" ; bad but not disgraced , as in 96% .

I would think your Dashboard was correct and the icon is misreading ; however another poster @ELBE is reporting a 100% green icon and less on the Dashboard , so there is a bug .

Support seem preoccupied atm , so ignore it for now (it's a Beta) or send them an email reminder next week .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+2
MaritimeRider RE: ?system score.
Member 20th Nov, 2010 22:29
Score: 22
User Since: 15th Mar 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 20th Nov, 2010 22:29
I should have said Michael or Tony. Thank you. This answers my misgivings and am more comfortable with it.I will accept the answer so thread can close. Thks. again.MR.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability