Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Secure Browsing

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as resolved.
adamba Secure Browsing
Member 21st Nov, 2010 12:54
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Mar, 2010
System Score: 100%
Is it just me or does anyone else miss the Secure Browsing tab from v1.5.0.2? This beta does not show me from a quick-to-get-to screen that IE 8 is insecure, or that my re-installation of Quicktime has now left my browsers vulnerable.

Post "RE: Secure Browsing" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: Secure Browsing
Expert Contributor 21st Nov, 2010 13:02
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
Hello.
It seems it may only be you.......no-one else has previously reported the non-appearance of the Secure Browsing tab in psi version 1.5.0.2....to my awareness/knowledge.
The psi version you are quoting is the last Stable prog.
Even psi 2.0 Beta has a Secure Browsing tab. Are you sure it is not that which you are referring to ?

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TiMow RE: Secure Browsing
Dedicated Contributor 21st Nov, 2010 13:31
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
System Score: N/A
Hi mogs

I think the OP is saying that using 2.0 beta, he is missing Secure Browsing tab that he had formerly present in 1.5.0.2. - and probably requires guidance in locating such in 2.0 beta - which I understand is now included.

Unfortunately, not using 2.0 beta myself, I am unable to direct to Secure Browsing.

Regards

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 21st Nov, 2010 13:48
Thanks TiMow.....Hello again adamba !
In the main panel of psi2.0 Beta.....see Patch Your Pc...top left of....click on the arrow to the right of that, to access the resultant drop down menu. Third item down in the menu.....Secure Browsing....click on that to access the tab.
Hope this helps......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
adamba RE: Secure Browsing
Member 21st Nov, 2010 14:13
Score: 0
User Since: 22nd Mar 2010
TiMow: You hit the nail on the head - yes I am using 2.0 Beta. If Secure Browsing is included, it is not where Mogs suggests.

Mogs: Dashboard, Scan and Results are the only items appearing under Patch Your PC, which by the way comes up fully expanded when I open Secunia. Third item down is Results, not Secure Browsing as you suggest in your Reply. I did not expect such a quick reply, and definitely not 3 of them at 04:00 Pacific time. Not complaining as I am but a pauper and don't pay for the program which has really been a lifesaver to me. Maybe it's in the CSI - I haven't tried that app.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Dedicated Contributor 21st Nov, 2010 14:23
We're across the pond, so it's p.m. for us - mogs in UK and I'm +1 hr. in Switzerland.

Which version of 2.0 beta are you using?
Originally it wasn't included, but due to feedback (complaints), it was included in later versions.

Current beta version is 1.9.0.5004, which can be checked by right clicking tray icon, then "About".

If you don't have this, then if you wish to update, download from here:

http://secunia.com/PSI2SetupBeta.exe

On cold, damp, grey European winter days, the west coast is just a distant memory.

TiMow

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Expert Contributor 21st Nov, 2010 14:23
Have you updated psi 2.0 Beta recently to version 1.9.5004, or are you still using the previous Beta ? You'll find the version number in the Patched tab. This was a bone of contention/bug for many previously.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Dedicated Contributor 21st Nov, 2010 14:30
SNAP

Cold, damp days - after a good Sunday lunch - not much else to do .... eh, mogs?

...apart from having a drink** and watching a bit of sport.

** probably more applicable the further north you go, as they'll soon be losing nearly all their daylight.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
adamba RE: Secure Browsing
Member 21st Nov, 2010 14:40
Score: 0
User Since: 22nd Mar 2010
Last edited on 21st Nov, 2010 14:46
Yeah Mogs, an old version just like you thought 1.9.0.3007. Used your download suggestion and ran it - version is now 1.9.0.5004 and ran a scan. Trouble is, the third one down is now Scan, not Secure Browsing. Dashboard, Scan Results and Scan are the only options listed under Patch Your PC; there is a new item under Learn More called Secunia PSI Manual (.PDF). Maybe I should try a reboot or read the PDF. I only installed the Beta because the Secunia server was down the other day and I wasn't able to update - thought maybe 1.5.0.2 was no longer supported for updates and I needed to go to the beta.

I found it! It just wasn't selected in Settings. Sorry for all the hoopla over a non-issue. You were all tremendously helpful and very quick to respond.
Thanks TiMow & Mogs!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 21st Nov, 2010 14:49
I'm still on the pork scratchings and the last glass of Beaujolais Nouveau from earlier in the week TiMow !! Dinner is yet to be served !!
Fairly pleasant here....not the brightest of Autumnal/Fall days....the absence of recent rains a deserved plus.
All I want for Christmas....and the ensuing cold months....okay, I admit it....only had two tots from my Famous Grouse !!!
Will you be in Switzerland with the pine trees ?! Could be a busy time on the forum ? There's no peace if it's a matter of duty visits ?!

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+