xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: 9.3.2 to 9.4.1 not recognized by Secunia.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Acrobat 9.x

This thread has been marked as resolved.
richardfrey11001 9.3.2 to 9.4.1 not recognized by Secunia.
Member 23rd Nov, 2010 19:35
Ranking: 0
User Since: 3rd Jan, 2008
System Score: N/A
I just did a fresh scan of my system with Secunia PSI 1.5.0.2. It told me that my Acrobat Pro 9.4.1 was showing up as 9.3.2. I downloaded the offered solution and installed it. The download was of the Acrobat 9.4.1. I should say at this time that I am running Windows 7/64 Enterprise. I rescanned and was told it was still showing up as 9.3.2. When I open up Acrobat Pro and click on "about Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro" the resulting splash screen says it is 9.4.1. What is the problem?

Post "RE: 9.3.2 to 9.4.1 not recognized by Secunia." has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: 9.3.2 to 9.4.1 not recognized by Secunia.
Expert Contributor 23rd Nov, 2010 19:55
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
See the threads/posts at the following link where the subject is already being "discussed" :-http://secunia.com/community/forum/?forum=2&vendor...
Regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
richardfrey11001 RE: 9.3.2 to 9.4.1 not recognized by Secunia.
Member 23rd Nov, 2010 21:02
Score: 0
User Since: 3rd Jan 2008
I had already seen those threads. None of them help with my situation. The one thread where the Secunia rep said on 11/18/10 that they had updated the detection values seemed relevant, but my scans still didn't reflect that Secunia could see my app correctly.

I decided to remove the Acrobat Pro app and re install. The base App is 9.3.0 and I re installed it. Then I did the Internal updater. It said there was an update. I ran the update and it produced an Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro with a version number of 9.4.1. When I ran Secunia PSI it said I had Acrobat 9 Pro version 9.3.0 installed.

I understand that Acrobat must go through the several incremental updates to get from 9.3.0 to 9.4.1. One would think that Adobe has properly constructed their updater to create the final update in a correct fashion. I can only surmise that Secunia PSI is not correctly scanning the file.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 23rd Nov, 2010 22:00
Just found Anthony's post here.....see the last post to the thread :-
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/639...

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
richardfrey11001 RE: 9.3.2 to 9.4.1 not recognized by Secunia.
Member 23rd Nov, 2010 22:56
Score: 0
User Since: 3rd Jan 2008
Thanks for pointing me to that post. I was reading the posts, again, that you pointed me to in your last post when, that post popped up. I read the forum posts over at adobe as well.

I finally decided to delete Acrobat 9 Pro, again, and start from scratch with the base app. ver. 9.3.0 and install all the incremental patches that I downloaded from the Adobe FTP server.

No luck. Where as, in my last post, I told you that the reinstall of Acrobat 9 left me with Secunia saying I had ver. 9.3.0 installed and I really had V. 9.4.1. When I reinstalled Ver. 9.3.0 and then installed the 9.3.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3, 9.3.4, 9.4.0 and then the 9.4.1 patch, I ended up with Secunia saying I had the 9.3.2 version installed. I am back at the very beginning when I first posted to this thread.

Reading Anthony's post was as clear as mud. He basically says it is hit or miss in deciding what dll or exe Secunia is keyed to. The Adobe form says that if the program says you are updated, you can pretty much believe you are updated.

I am going to set an ignore rule for this one.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 23rd Nov, 2010 23:06
I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. I stopped using Adobe products myself some time ago, for fairly obvious reasons I hope....and since Chrome have incorporated some features.
I would say tho' that Anthony has lots of experience in these matters, and as regards the timing of Secunia rule changes; is probably right. It's possibly a matter of sitting tight for a time...as he seems to suggest.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+