Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: TeamSpeak 2.0.32.60

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
mumford68 TeamSpeak 2.0.32.60
Member 28th Nov, 2010 18:44
Ranking: 0
User Since: 26th Jun, 2009
System Score: 98%
Hello, PSI had reported a few weeks ago that I need to update my TeamSpeak RC2 program. (I don't recall what it was at the time).

PSI was reporting that I have 2.0.32.60 today and that I should update it. I d/l and installed and no change so I used Revo uninstaller to remove as much as possible and reinstalled but it still reports no change and 2.0.32.60 appears from the teamspeak web page to be as far as you can update unless you try the 3.0 beta version.

I have read some fantastically helpful threads on Adobe and other programs that have helped me a great deal and was hoping for any information that might help me in this matter. I assume with PSI reporting that I have v2.0.32.60 I am okay but thought I would check to make sure.

Thank you much,
mumford68

--
WinXp Home
1.5 GB RAM
2.4 Ghz Intel Single CPU

mogs RE: TeamSpeak 2.0.32.60
Expert Contributor 28th Nov, 2010 20:16
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
There are four pieces of software known as Teamspeak referred to in the Secunia advisories.
Teamspeak Client 2.x One advisory
Teamspeak Client 3.x OK
Teamspeak Server 2.x Two advisories [ 6xvulnerabilities]
Teamspeak Server 3.x One advisory [21x vulnerabilities]
All okay, if patched.

psi does not monitor Beta/Dev versions of programs.

I'm not certain as to which advisory pertains to the version you have. I did a quick search via Google....that only seemed to verify what you'd already stated.
Maybe the situation needs clarifying with Secunia themselves....you can either hope that one of the officials picks up on this thread tomorrow, or e mail Support directly with your observations.
Hope this helps....regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Maurice Joyce RE: TeamSpeak 2.0.32.60
Handling Contributor 28th Nov, 2010 22:56
Score: 11726
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Can U not update to version 2.0.33.7 from here:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&archive=1

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+2
mumford68 RE: TeamSpeak 2.0.32.60
Member 30th Nov, 2010 17:42
Score: 0
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
System Score: 98%
Thank you both for your replies. I think I should have provided just a bit more information.

I actually updated to 2.0.32.60 from the link provided (I am not familiar with the exact meaning of updated binary so I updated to the other Teamspeak client version offered).

I have since tried to install the updated binary version on top of the current version but get an error message.

I should have realised that there is a forum there as well and should have probably posted and done a bit more research before posting here. I have left a post there.

If it is alright I was going to leave this open for a short while in case I have any further questions or have anything to add should anyone be as befudled as I have been( doubtful :))

Thank you again for your replies.

--
WinXp Home
1.5 GB RAM
2.4 Ghz Intel Single CPU
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability