xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Still showing threats after installation and re-scan.. what does ...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
ohhboya Still showing threats after installation and re-scan.. what does that mean?
Member 2nd Dec, 2010 15:54
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Sep, 2009
System Score: N/A
When I first started using psi over a year ago. this didn't happen as often. I apply a solution, it installs, I re-scan, and the problem threat still shows.. I try to install the solution again and I get a message that it was already installed.. is that a glitch with psi?

thanks, John

mogs RE: Still showing threats after installation and re-scan.. what does that mean?
Expert Contributor 2nd Dec, 2010 16:30
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
As a general rule; tho' you update programs, the older version/file isn't always automatically removed; and it is this that Secunia continues to detect even if still residing in the Recycle bin. One instance of this is Chrome....which you may or may not be using....which always leaves behind the previous version which has to be manually deleted.
If you have any problems removing the insecurity detected; please quote the file path to same, together with psi version and Operating System to the forum.
Being more specific will enable someone to help you.

psi versions 1.5.0.1 and 1.5.0.2

Use the Advanced interface...or switch to it ( Simple/ Advanced..top right of psi panel ).

1/. Click on the + sign alongside the programme to expand it.
2/. Click again on Tech Details in the Toolbox to confirm the installation path of the detected file/prog. 3/.Post the Installation Path back to the forum if you are uncertain how best to proceed.

psi version 2.0 Beta

Go to Results from the Dashboard

1/. Click on the + sign alongside the file.
2/. This will reveal the file path.
3/. Post the info back to the forum if uncertain how best to proceed.

When updating Microsoft Applications, it is a good idea to keep in mind that some Microsoft Updates do not "kick in" until after a reboot. Therefore, it is recommended to try following this procedure when installing Microsoft Updates:

1) Check Microsoft Update: install all security-related patches
2) Reboot
3) Repeat step 1: repeat step 2 if anything was installed at this step
4) Run a full rescan with the PSI

Hope the foregoing is of some help....regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer