Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Laggy and unresponsive GUI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
SirGod Laggy and unresponsive GUI
Member 7th Dec, 2010 18:25
Ranking: 0
User Since: 15th Jun, 2009
System Score: 93%
Lately I've been experiencing problems with Secunia PSI Beta. Whenever I start the program, the interface shows up in an unusual manner. The score isn't there any more, some graphical elements are distorted, I am not able to minimize, maximize or close the interface. If I click it, it becomes unresponsive. The summary, system score development, security patches for last month and "compared to" tabs/graphs are empty. So, I must close Secunia from Task Manager (processes). However, the tray icon is still accessible and working, but it is useless to me. It's the first time when I encounter these things. I uninstalled PSI and installed it again, and it works. But the next time when I start the application the same problem occurs. My operating system is Windows 7 (32-bit version).

PS: No important changes have been made to the operating system since Secunia PSI was working properly. And it's not a spyware/virus problem, so please, don't use this as answer.

mogs RE: Laggy and unresponsive GUI
Expert Contributor 7th Dec, 2010 20:57
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
Have you tried running CHKDSK to assure of consistancy ? Personally, I'd run my registry cleaner/scanner...some people aren't keen on them tho' : but many have no objection to the one in CCleaner. Do you defragment often ?
Is it the only program you are having the various symptoms with ?

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
SirGod RE: Laggy and unresponsive GUI
Member 7th Dec, 2010 21:18
Score: 0
User Since: 15th Jun 2009
I've run CHKDSK today. I clean my registry too, I use TuneUp, and yes, I defragment quite often, once a week. It's the only program with these problems. And, like I said, I haven't done any major changes to my operating system, so I can't understand why I have this problem and why it works when I run it after install, and afterwards it doesn't.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Laggy and unresponsive GUI
Handling Contributor 7th Dec, 2010 21:33
Score: 11865
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Are U running IE9 BETA?

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1
SirGod RE: Laggy and unresponsive GUI
Member 8th Dec, 2010 07:50
Score: 0
User Since: 15th Jun 2009
Yes, I am running IE 9 Beta. You may be right, far as I know, Secunia is using the Internet Explorer engine. Thank you.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: Laggy and unresponsive GUI
Expert Contributor 8th Dec, 2010 08:17
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
There is no maybe.....psi 2.0 Beta is not compatible with IE9 Beta. Tho' all versions of psi are dependant 'pon settings within IE Stable.
It might also be worth noting that no versions of psi monitor beta/dev versions of programs.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Maurice Joyce RE: Laggy and unresponsive GUI
Handling Contributor 8th Dec, 2010 11:20
Score: 11865
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
You should expect issues like U describe if U run ALPHA,BETA or RC VERSIONS of programmes on a main working platform.

1. In general terms PSI does not monitor these types of programme although there are exceptions,for example, PSI V2 BETA. IE9 is one of those not monitored.

2. IE 9 is not programmed for RTM until 2011. Having tried it for two weeks there are minor issues like U describe with PSI & other professional programmes I use. The vendors have guaranteed full compliance with IE9 by full launch date & I suspect Secunia will do the same. Adobe Flash & Oracle JAVA have already achieved this.

3. One of the minor issues is the lack of graphics with PSI using IE9. My short test period showed that all other aspects were compliant but U can never really be sure unless U are an experienced BETA tester.

4. The drag U describe is dealt with elsewhere on the Forum. It is not new nor is it necessarily linked to IE9. This is one link, but there are others dating back 18 months:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/635...

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+8

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+