Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: PSI won't run on my Win 7 Ultimate PC

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
dfiles PSI won't run on my Win 7 Ultimate PC
Member 14th Dec, 2010 05:32
Ranking: 0
User Since: 6th Dec, 2010
System Score: N/A
I had been using PSI on all my machines (3 laptops) and everything was fine. Now I bought a new Desktop PC with Win 7 Ultimate. Every time I try to install PSI 2.0 Beta it won't run. It appears to install fine and even does a scan on program launch and the tray icon message says I am at 100% with 94 installed programs but if I try to open the PSI window it will open with the "Please wait while checking internet connectivity and then it sits there and does absolutely nothing. The progress bar never moves at all. I know my internet is working fine and am at a loss when trying to get it to run properly. I have installed both the Beta and the 1.5.0.2 version and both behave the same. I installed the program as administrator. Any one have any suggestions?

DF

BLindow RE: PSI won't run on my Win 7 Ultimate PC
Secunia Official 14th Dec, 2010 09:28
Score: 35
User Since: 6th Nov 2009
Hi dfiles.

Have you trying following the Guide in our faq?
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
dfiles RE: PSI won't run on my Win 7 Ultimate PC
Member 14th Dec, 2010 14:14
Score: 0
User Since: 6th Dec 2010
Last edited on 14th Dec, 2010 14:15
Yes, I have followed your guide and I have all the settings requested in the FAQ. Still nothing. I have a green tray icon but when I try to open Secunia PSI, a window pops up with the splash screen and then just sits there. I can not get the program to run on my win 7 ultimate. Any other suggestions?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: PSI won't run on my Win 7 Ultimate PC
Expert Contributor 14th Dec, 2010 20:39
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
A couple of suggestions you could try, if you havn't already : have a thorough clean/clear out between uninstall/install...temporary file removal etc.. If you use a Registry cleaner or the one in CCleaner; give it a run too. You might also run CHKDSK as well to check for consistancy....orphaned files etc.,etc..
Set IE8 as default browser until, hopefully, achieving a successful install; when you can then revert to the one of your choice.
Hope it's of some help......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: PSI won't run on my Win 7 Ultimate PC
Member 15th Dec, 2010 10:33
Hi,

If you have confirmed that every setting in Internet Explorer matches those described in our FAQ (http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...), I will need a debug log from you to futher investigate the issue.

To obtain such a log, please follow this procedure (Only applies to Windows7 & VIsta):
1) Enter 'cmd' in the Start Menu search bar
2) When the command prompt window appear, copy these commands sequentially command in and press enter:
cd "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Secunia\PSI"
psi --verbose --debug secunia.txt

The PSI will run in debug mode, and will create a debug file located in %ProgramFiles(x86). Please email us this file at support@secunia.com, along with a link to this thread, and we will investiage the problem in more depth.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
khagaroth RE: PSI won't run on my Win 7 Ultimate PC
Member 16th Dec, 2010 21:31
Score: 16
User Since: 16th Dec 2010
This happens if the Workstation service isn't running, which is a pain as it isn't needed by anything else on a non-networked computer (which is why I disabled it). It's the only reason I don't use PSI 2.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
dfiles RE: PSI won't run on my Win 7 Ultimate PC
Member 16th Dec, 2010 22:14
Score: 0
User Since: 6th Dec 2010
I checked and the workstation service is running. Still have the original problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+