Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Beta Survey

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI 2.0 Beta

This thread has been marked as locked.
lindted Beta Survey
Member 14th Dec, 2010 19:10
Ranking: 0
User Since: 16th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
I just did the survey and it seemed to be asking if I would recommend it to a non-tech user. I said no because the results still often require technical expertise. A good example is the many threads about the end of life 2003 PowerPoint viewer. The program flags it and if you do the repair you get the 2007 viewer but the old viewer remains in place. One had to find it an manually delete it.

The solutions offered are often like that. It would be nice if the solid solutions could be shown and more complicated ones either rated or hidden unless asked for.

Similalrly for end of life problems. Often these are not much of a risk because of the ever decreasing number of them in use. Hackers go after the big market share items to maximize their return. Perhaps list them but in a seperate category that does not muddy up the security waters.

Leendert Kip Beta Survey
Member 14th Dec, 2010 21:11
Score: 70
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 14th Dec, 2010 21:13
on 14th Dec, 2010 19:10, lindted wrote:
I just did the survey and it seemed to be asking if I would recommend it to a non-tech user. I said no because the results still often require technical expertise.

I fully agree with you. I too should not advice PSI to somebody without any knowledge in using a pc. I myself perform maintenance activities by using TeamViewer for family members who haven't sufficient knowledge. I do not consider myself as an expert but have enough experience to perform software updates and work with PSI. And in case I run into troubles there is this Forum with a lot of experienced users and Secunia experts who help me to solve my problems.

--
PC: JJ Computer Services
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
DDR3 Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 9
Mozilla Firefox 31NL

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 31NL
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: Beta Survey
Member 15th Dec, 2010 10:23
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will ensure that your comments reach the proper ears/eyes for consideration.

If you have any further comments, suggestions or feedback, please do not hesitate to let us know!
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+