xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Spam on Secunia forums? How do we report?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as resolved.
angieskidney Spam on Secunia forums? How do we report?
Member 16th Dec, 2010 14:34
Ranking: -1
User Since: 4th Dec, 2010
System Score: 99%
Last edited on 16th Dec, 2010 16:10

I noticed a spammer on here. How do I report it as allowing spam to remain is also a type of security problem.

The one I want to report is this user:

htmtrade
http://secunia.com/community/forum/userthreads/250...

I did a search and could not find any other threads like this and I assume this can be posted in open discussions?

This spammer has been spamming all over the net since the beginning of Nov and being this is a security forum I would think there should be a report button? Just a suggestion as it is not enough to rate it low but its signature should be removed so that it doesn't get listed in search engines (which it currently is).

- Angie

--
I had an account on here but when I upgraded to Windows 7 (redid my computer and OS) I could not recover my account.

CPU: AMD Phenom X3 8650 Triple-Core Processor
Mobo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A78 PRO
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2
Vid: ATI Radeon HD 4850

My Netbook is Windows XP 32 bit SP 3

http://kidneykorner.com

Post "RE: Spam on Secunia forums? How do we report?" has been selected as an answer.
Anthony Wells RE: Spam on Secunia forums? How do we report?
Expert Contributor 16th Dec, 2010 16:33
Score: 2427
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 16th Dec, 2010 16:36
Hi Angie ,

Spam is a regular problem on the Forum but Secunia support staff handle it pretty well during the week - they check the forum regularly and will close and/or delete threads whenever possible . Tagging spam posts onto an ongoing thread is more difficult to eliminate other than by minimising the entry .

So there is no real need to report the situation but you can always give your thumbs down vote to the naughty poster - especially at weekends when Secunia staff do not work directly on the PSI .

Not sure what the answer is other than to ignore them and definitely never click on one of their links . Your point concerning the search engines showing the links may be an angle for Secunia to take a look at .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+2
angieskidney RE: Spam on Secunia forums? How do we report?
Member 16th Dec, 2010 16:58
Score: -1
User Since: 4th Dec 2010
System Score: 99%
Thank you. Yes the search engine view is concerning but yes I did thumbs down it. I checked the search engines because I wanted to see if it was still viewable when thumbs down and sadly yes it is which is what spammers want. They want their links seen in search results.

Thank you for your answer. It does answer my question and I hope that Secunia will look at what I said in consideration of how it is handled. Thanks.

--
I had an account on here but when I upgraded to Windows 7 (redid my computer and OS) I could not recover my account.

CPU: AMD Phenom X3 8650 Triple-Core Processor
Mobo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A78 PRO
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2
Vid: ATI Radeon HD 4850

My Netbook is Windows XP 32 bit SP 3

http://kidneykorner.com
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability