Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: New upgrade

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
hansi3 New upgrade
Member 21st Dec, 2010 20:25
Ranking: 1
User Since: 2nd Apr, 2009
System Score: N/A
My computer tells me that there is a new version of Secuia. However when I try to download it, I get this error message

NSIS Error. Installer integrity check has failed. Comon causes include incomplete doenload and damaged media. Contact the installers author to obtain a new copy.

thedillpickl RE: New upgrade
Contributor 21st Dec, 2010 20:40
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi hansi3;

Not to worry. Here's a reprint of what I said in this thread. http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/678...

"First, to answer the "Why did my download fail?" question. Secunia only has so much bandwidth to work with. The speed at which you connect to the download site may have a lot to do with it. I tried a dozen times to download using a dial-up connection and got the same message. Remember, there are thousands of people trying to download PSI 2.0 at the same time.

> Try downloading later, in the US after dinner and before bed.
> Try downloading in a few days, after the rush.
> Use a download manager (I couldn't wait, so I used FDM).

This has happened before on other major updates and for other vendors. Do not be discouraged, please be patient.

Also, I found on my install, the computer had to be restarted for PSI to actually load. I did not see any installation instructions that told of that requirement. The uninstall of the 1.9 beta was not required as the install program did it for me."

Hope this helps.

Regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+1
mogs RE: New upgrade
Expert Contributor 21st Dec, 2010 21:51
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
Hello.
There's info on the error, and a few suggestions on the following thread :-
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/680...
Hope it helps.....regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
edgar1 RE: New upgrade
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 10:58
Score: 0
User Since: 22nd Dec 2010
I have downloaded the new version, and it has found an end of life programme (Bonjour). I have downloaded this programme but when it scans, it still shows it as end of life and I can't get rid of it.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: New upgrade
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 11:03
Hi,

The PSI will not remove packages from your system - it will only report on potential issues.
In this case, the application is End-Of-Life, which means that it is no longer supported by the vendor.

If you do not wish for the PSI to alert you about this, you can ignore this detection by clicking the ignore button next to the relevant issue.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
franciscus101 RE: New upgrade
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 17:00
User Since: 5th Apr 2010
on 21st Dec, 2010 20:25, hansi3 wrote:
My computer tells me that there is a new version of Secuia. However when I try to download it, I get this error message

NSIS Error. Installer integrity check has failed. Comon causes include incomplete doenload and damaged media. Contact the installers author to obtain a new copy.

I had the same problem, but then tried again with Firefox instead of IE8. That worked, but was hoping that my missing profile problem would be solved with this update. It was not. Even though I get the confirmation email, and click on the link, which then stated my profile has been verified, when I click on Upload I get the following error

Not verified

Your profile recovery has not been verified.

Please click the link that has been emailed to you and press the "Load Profile" button again.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
thedillpickl RE: New upgrade
Contributor 22nd Dec, 2010 19:11
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
Last edited on 22nd Dec, 2010 19:13
Hi franciscus101;

I'm not sure if Emil will catch your post here or not.

It would be best if you started a new thread in the PSI part of the forum with the Header Title of "Profile Registration Problems" or such. This will be the best method of attracting a response. Tagging on at the end of a thread is not preferred.

A new thread allows for answers to one specific problem. Also it helps others, with similar problems to do a "Search" of the forum to see if their situation has been addressed.

Best regards;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: New upgrade
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 19:31
Hi,

There may be an issue with the 'Load profile' button.
Try to close the PSI user interface and the tray icon. After restarting, your registration should be recognized.

Has this resolved the issue?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 21:27
on 22nd Dec, 2010 19:31, wrote:
Hi,

There may be an issue with the 'Load profile' button.
Try to close the PSI user interface and the tray icon. After restarting, your registration should be recognized.

Has this resolved the issue?

I did try that. I also rebooted since I wrote that, and still no profile showing up. I had that same problem in the previous version, and was really hoping it was fixed. I will try it again since rebooting and report back
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 21:37
on 22nd Dec, 2010 21:27, franciscus101 wrote:
I did try that. I also rebooted since I wrote that, and still no profile showing up. I had that same problem in the previous version, and was really hoping it was fixed. I will try it again since rebooting and report back

The reboot did not solve anything, nor did trying to run it as an administrator. I still get the same error that the profile was not verified after receiving the verification message and clicking on the verification link. If you would rather I move this to a new thread we can do that too.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability