Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Ignore rule

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
awilsonlee Ignore rule
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 15:53
Ranking: 0
User Since: 18th Nov, 2009
System Score: 98%
Hi.

I just installed PSI 2. looks good doesn't it?

The problem I have is Photoshop CS2 which I know is unsupported but I use it rarely so I don't think it will cause a problem.

In the older version of PSI it was easy to create an ignore rule. Not so with the new version it would seem, or is it me?

I attempted to create a rule by giving it a Name and entering the path to the program, but it still keeps showing up in the scan as End of Life.

Am I doing something wrong, or can anyone help put me on the right path.

Post "RE: Ignore rule" has been selected as an answer.
This user no longer exists RE: Ignore rule
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 16:01
Hi,

To add an ignore rule in the PSI 2.0, to go the Results tab and click "+" next to the program you wish to ignore.

For every detected instance of the program, there are two buttons - if you click the leftmost one (the Ignore button), the instance you selected will not be scanned or included in the PSI's results.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
awilsonlee RE: Ignore rule
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 16:58
Score: 0
User Since: 18th Nov 2009
Hi. Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have had a look and as you say there is a + sign that expands to show program details. No buttons though, there is a section of italic print to double click on for "additional information and options" but no ignore button. I would send you a screen shot but I can't send an attachment to this post.

Andy.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Ignore rule
Expert Contributor 22nd Dec, 2010 18:04
Score: 2434
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 22nd Dec, 2010 18:06
Hello Andy ,

Emil may have packed up his toys for today ; so whilst you wait , are you saying that after clicking the [+] sign on the left hand end of the programme , in the expanded page there are not two beige folder icons just under "detected instances" and to the left of the programme's pathway ; there should be one with a red blob which will set ignore rules and a blobless one to open the folder .

If you double click the line , in the new splash window you will see the path again in the third/bottom module , right click the path and a drop down menu should also offer ignore and open options .

Does this help ??

Anthony

PS : you can load a screenshot to an online/cloud picture displayer (of your choice) and post the url here .

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 18:54
Hi,

Are you using the Internet Explorer Beta? If so, please be aware that this version is not currently supported, and is associated with several knows issues. To resolve this, downgrade to a stable version.

Is this not the case? If so, is there still no icon if you shut down the PSI user interface, and right-click the Tray Icon to close it, and then reopen the PSI?

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
awilsonlee RE: Ignore rule
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 19:28
Score: 0
User Since: 18th Nov 2009
Hi Emil / Anthony.

I knew it was going to be my fault! The tiny little folder icons that are switches, they are so small I didn't realise they had a function.

Must try harder. I've been hearing that all my life.

Sorry to waste your time.

Kind regards.

Andy.

ps Great bit of software.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 22nd Dec, 2010 19:33
Hi,

No problem at all. :) The user interface is new, after all.

If you have any further questions, comments or feedback, please post back!

Happy holidays.

PS:
If you are done with this thread, click the 'accept' button on this post (Or another you wish to reward 5 points) to lock it.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability