Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: This forum is a darn mess

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
genegold99 This forum is a darn mess
Member 1st Dec, 2008 16:03
Ranking: 5
User Since: 25th Nov, 2008
System Score: N/A
For two new posts, mine and someone else's, I received 6 emails this morning. That's typical. For one's own posts, no email should come. In addition, I don't think the paging problem has been fixed. When is someone going to set this forum up correctly?

E.Jeppesen RE: This forum is a darn mess
Secunia Official 2nd Dec, 2008 09:08
Score: 220
User Since: 24th Nov 2008
I assume you mean the "All Threads" overview page? Currently, we insert paging when the amount of threads is above 20.

If the amount of threads is below 20, nothing is shown at the bottom of the page.
genegold99 RE: This forum is a darn mess
Member 2nd Dec, 2008 16:12
Score: 5
User Since: 25th Nov 2008
Last edited on 2nd Dec, 2008 16:13
on 2nd Dec, 2008 09:08, E.Jeppesen wrote:
I assume you mean the "All Threads" overview page? Currently, we insert paging when the amount of threads is above 20.

If the amount of threads is below 20, nothing is shown at the bottom of the page.

That's true *now, but I think you left something out of your reply. If you go to one of the earlier pages (Nov 26, currently p.5), you'll see a thread started by me that noted there was no paging. What led me to that conclusion was when once the forum really got going, threads older than several hours were not viewable, mine included, precisely because there was no paging. I had posted one about the oddity (bug) of going from No Insecures to 2 Insecures, merely by changing from RC4 to v. 1.0 (problem still unresolved - I posted it again). Looking at the current paging, that post and others earlier are not present; it's as if you deleted a whole slew of threads without saying a word.

I hope the two problems with emails have been or are being addressed. Thanks.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
genegold99 RE: This forum is a darn mess
Member 5th Dec, 2008 01:34
Score: 5
User Since: 25th Nov 2008
There was *one new post this afternoon on another thread to which I'm subscribed ("Does anybody know of a new version?"), and I received seven emails from the forum today telling me about it! All had a different time, so that suggests it's your server not mine. I'd attach a screenshot to show you, but I don't see how.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
HMRothman RE: This forum is a darn mess
Member 10th Dec, 2008 01:20
Score: 0
User Since: 19th Jan 2008
System Score: 99%
Last edited on 10th Dec, 2008 01:31
on 1st Dec, 2008 16:03, genegold99 wrote:
. . . When is someone going to set this forum up correctly?

I have a question about Mozilla Firefox x.x (i.e. ALL the versions), and there doesn't seem to be a 'master' thread. I'll work on that separately.

I got here about 45 minutes ago, and [weird person that I am] I actually read what was displayed. It is now 2008-12-09.19:07 on the US East Coast, but the Forum displayed that there were no new posts since my last sign-on Dec 10, 00:18. I am actually hoping for MORE time in my week to get things done, and losing 6 hours doesn't help.

It appears I never updated my profile when I first joined, nor have I updated it (until now), but I was listed as Uganda time. That explains the 6 hours. I will be surprised if Secunia reports they are headquartered in Uganda, but that is the only explanation of THAT being the default time-zone that I can think of. IMHO, THEIR home time-zone or GMT would be appropriate possible defaults.

VERY STRONG SUGGESTION: Can we have google, or some other decent search engine, available to explore the Forum? The names given the Threads are often -- mystifying. There might actually be an answer to my question about removing the TWO copies of Firefox 1.5 that Secunia PSI 1.0.0.1 found on my system that are NOT in my C:Program Files, leaving me with just the operational Firefox 2.0.0.18, which I am [willing at the moment to be] using.

I am open to suggestions / tips / hints on using the Forum &/or answering my question. Thanks.

--
Peace - Hesch

Nothing can be made foolproof, because fools are so ingenious.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability