Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: FONT SIZE CHANGE THANKS TO MOGS & MIDNIGHT VOICE

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
DBGFREEUSA FONT SIZE CHANGE THANKS TO MOGS & MIDNIGHT VOICE
Member 19th Jan, 2011 23:55
Ranking: 0
User Since: 20th Jul, 2010
System Score: 93%
The thread I originally posted to (Forum Thread: PSI 2.0 Final Released!) is locked. I just wanted to give a shout out to MOGS & MIDNIGHT VOICE, thanking them for their responses regarding options for changing the FONT SIZE on the Secunia Scan Results page. I'm including some system info in case it prompts any additional suggestions.

The only other situation that I would like to fix must also be a setting of some sort. I just am not sure where the setting adjustments are located on my PC. On some pages including Secunia's PSI Scan Page, some words or phrases are in a light blue or light grey color that is very hard to read It's as though the words are almost clear). If you know where I should go to correct that as well I would really appreciate it.

I apologize if this is not the proper forum for this type of question and again, Thanks to MOGS & MIDNIGHT VOICE for your quick response to my original question. Also, since scanning twice with Secunia & following the suggestions re: deleting some old, unusable programs, my computer scores a 99% rating. Before I found Secunia PSI I was using CNET Tech Tracker. Secunia PSI appears to be a much better product as well as being very thorough.

For the past 6+ months I have been utilizing MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS (www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/) and the FIREWALL that is available for free as my only "ACTIVE" Security. I use AVAST once a week or so to double-check that my computer is clean. Another tool that I've been utilizing about once every week or two is WINDOWS LIVE, ONE CARE, SAFETY SCANNER (http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?s_c...). It is a rather time-consuming process, but has been keeping my computer EXCEPTIONALLY clean.

SECUNIA PSI as well as the MICROSOFT Security Products that I am using were suggested to me on WINDOWS SECRETS NEWSLETTER (http://WindowsSecrets.com/comp/110113). A lot of good info is available from their newsletter, whether you get the FREE version or the PAID version. I was getting FRED LANGA'S Newsletter prior to joining forces with the others who make up the WINDOWS SECRETS NEWSLETTER.

I hope this info can help someone else & again, Thank-You to MOGS & MIDNIGHT VOICE.

System Information:
HP PAVILION MEDIA CENTER PC
XP PRO, SERVICE PACK 3 OS
x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 Genuine Intel ~2133 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.08, 9/18/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
TOTAL PHYSICAL MEMORY 2,048.00 MB
AVAILABLE PHYSICAL MEMORY 41.69 MB
TOTAL VIRTUAL MEMORY 2.00 GB
AVAILABLE VIRTUAL MEMORY 1.95 GB
PAGE FILE SPACE 3.85 GB

DRIVE C: NTFS IS THE PRIMARY DRIVE Size 224.04 GB
Free Space 185.85 GB

DRIVE D: NTFS IS THE SECONDARY DRIVE & HARDLY USED Size 232.88 GB
Free Space 231.34 GB

DRIVE E: FAT 32 IS THE HP RECOVERY DRIVE Size 8.83 GB
Free Space 344.07 MB

--
Thanks,
DBGFREEUSA

mogs RE: FONT SIZE CHANGE THANKS TO MOGS & MIDNIGHT VOICE
Expert Contributor 20th Jan, 2011 08:25
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@DBGFREEUSA

As far as I'm aware there is no setting within the forum for enlarging/changing the colour of the print.......tho' you can embolden etc., some, when posting. The grey entries of course darken when you run the cursor over them.
If you go to "My Profile" and then to the bottom of the page.....below your Signature box entry.....you'll see a Show System Score box : that, when checked, will put your score up with your location etc., when you post. Remember to enter your password again before saving the change.
If you are in any doubt about which section of the forum to post to....use Open Discussions. Do not post to the Vulnerabilities section, nor tag a post on to an entry in it.....'tis rather a contentious area, and even recently members have found themselves penalized for doing so. That section is primarily for official "discussion" specific and relative to the Advisory.
Hope this helps.....regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability