Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: ERROR MESSAGE

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
baseballfan ERROR MESSAGE
Member 10th Feb, 2011 01:32
Ranking: 0
User Since: 24th Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
I had PSI on machine. Had to do clean install. PSI will not run or scan. Get error message: Error: Type error Function: utl.switch page File: undefined Line: undefined Discription length is null or not an object. Wut hat the heck is this? I got my original profile back. I shutdown PSI and restarted but won't run. Help!!!! Thank You any help appreciated. Running Win 7 x64. Never had this before in all the time had PSI, always ran flawlessly.

metaed RE: ERROR MESSAGE
Member 17th Feb, 2011 17:55
Score: 1
User Since: 11th Feb 2009
System Score: 100%
The error message is not easy to interpret. To me, it suggests that there is something missing in the PSI installation. So if it were me, I would not trust the current installation or the current PSI installer file. I would uninstall PSI, download a new PSI installer from http://secunia.com/PSISetup.exe, and install it again. But I would not do this with high hopes because the problem could possibly be somewhere in your operating system and have nothing to do with the PSI installation.

Cheers,

MetaEd

--
Sometimes they fool you by walking upright.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Anthony Wells RE: ERROR MESSAGE
Expert Contributor 17th Feb, 2011 20:43
Score: 2445
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

The "Error" message was a known bug which used to be cured by exiting the PSI and reinstalling from the "All Programmes" icon . It could also appear when there was a problem with the "servers"at the Secunia end of the chain .

AFAIK the latest version 2.0.0.3001 , which metaed's link should give you , fixed the the bug .

Let us know if it has , because if it has not , Secunia support would probably like to know .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+3

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer