Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: IE9 RC + Flash 10.2 = Graphics on PSI 2.0

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
HQuest IE9 RC + Flash 10.2 = Graphics on PSI 2.0
Member 10th Feb, 2011 23:28
Ranking: 2
User Since: 11th Nov, 2009
System Score: 100%
To my surprise, right after I updated Flash to 10.2 (using handy PSI AutoUpdate feature) and rebooted to finish IE9 RC installation, I got the missing graphics at bottom of dashboard. Previously with IE9 Beta, there were no graphs.

Unsure what fixed it -- if Flash 10.2, if IE9 RC, or Secunia (with some server-side change --, but is really nice to see things as they are supposed to be.

Now that I have the feature, here comes the request: What about making scrollable graphics? The zoom feature sorta of works, but its horrible to see something, and it is quite buggy (try to zoom it out a couple times and watch UI to become totally unresponsible for a couple minutes). Maybe limiting how far Zoom can zoom out and we may have a workaround.

Thank you.

mogs RE: IE9 RC + Flash 10.2 = Graphics on PSI 2.0
Expert Contributor 11th Feb, 2011 08:58
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
Hello.
All I can tell you is that psi 2.0 is not reliant on Flash for the rendering of it's graphics.
IE9RC must have been made more compatible with psi in some way.
BTW....does the RC now appear in the Secure Browsing page/feature in psi as being secure, unlike it's predecessor IE8 ?
I'm sure Secunia staff will pick up on your other comments/suggestions......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
HQuest RE: IE9 RC + Flash 10.2 = Graphics on PSI 2.0
Member 11th Feb, 2011 10:23
Score: 2
User Since: 11th Nov 2009
Last edited on 11th Feb, 2011 10:28
Hi Mogs.

Nope, it does not show up on Secure Browsing page. Nor in Scan Results, btw. I believe this is expected, since Secunia does not track pre-release software (according to a reply post I've asked about IE9 Beta in the past).

Thanks.

EDIT: Another surprise fix! A couple time ago, I've asked Secunia on why my scan times were over 10 minutes. I just ran a scan and hooray, 2mins 33 secs.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: IE9 RC + Flash 10.2 = Graphics on PSI 2.0
Expert Contributor 11th Feb, 2011 10:43
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
Silly me ! Still, at least all is working okay for you.....scan times are very similar to mine.....usually around the 2min50sec mark.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability