Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: IE 9 RC

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as resolved.
puget1 IE 9 RC
Member 22nd Feb, 2011 02:11
Ranking: 0
User Since: 21st Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A

I'm just familiarizing myself with it at the moment......what a difference !! It feels so much more positive and "solid" .......
My psi is running okay....two scans....down to 4mins on the last....no sign of IE8 either !
I've defragged since download, and it seems to be "settling in" very quickly !
I was getting a little worried at first....couldn't find it in Progs and Features ! Had re-booted and no sign in Revo either.....got it now.....all okay !
As you know I like the speed in Chrome....but I don't feel I'm making any sacrifices !
Yeah, I think they've tied down this canon !! I'm keeping it !

--
Mogs
Toshiba Satellite ;1GB RAM +4GB Readyboost;
Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS SP2;
Chrome 11.0.672.2 Dev and Chrome 11.0.672.0 Canary build + IE9 RC
AMD Athlone X2 64

Secunia PSI 2.0 version 2.0.0.3001

O.k. after reading this I am interested in poss. downloading. Do you have to go through the security tab and reload Psi as far as allowed site? Maurice you said that U.K. banks don't like the new browser. Is there a way to allow for trackers for your Bank to i.d. you? Further there was no change in the way PSI behaved with it installed and there is no further configuring correct? O.k. O.K. everything is working fine right now and I don't want to bugger anything. This is the reason for the inquiry. Thanks trusted people

--
Gone to Linux permanetly

Post "RE: IE 9 RC" has been selected as an answer.
mogs RE: IE 9 RC
Expert Contributor 22nd Feb, 2011 07:50
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 22nd Feb, 2011 09:23
Morning puget !
I didn't have to make any changes as far as psi is concerned. It all went smoothly on Vista. I just noticed that the psi scan time went to nearly 9mins.....just scanned again and it's approaching what I've been used to....about 3.5mins now.
Maurice is obviously much more familiar/knowledgeable with it....you should be guided by him......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Maurice Joyce RE: IE 9 RC
Handling Contributor 22nd Feb, 2011 10:07
Score: 11865
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 22nd Feb, 2011 11:16
Their is nothing magical about updating to IE9 RC. It is a normal download & install -difference is it requires a different method to uninstall it & does not show in Control Panel>add/remove nor in PSI because it is still RC.

I did not say UK banks did not like the new browser. I said UK did NOT SUPPORT IE9 BETA. That would make absolute sense while they fully test the security impact on their systems. There were also minor issues with the PSI graphics & others.

All the banks I recently tested now support IE9 RC & the PSI graphics have returned. Issues remain, as should be expected, but they are not show stoppers & do not impact too much on home users.

It is in RC and those installing it should note that fact including using the feedback element that downloads with it to report bugs.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Maurice Joyce RE: IE 9 RC
Handling Contributor 22nd Feb, 2011 22:51
Score: 11865
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Because this thread is solely devoted to IE9 RC I have copied a post of mine from elsewhere to help anyone who tries IE9 & then decides to roll back to IE8.

1. Open Control Panel and click on "Programs and Features".

2. Now click on "View installed updates" link given in left sidebar.

3. You'll see "Windows Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate" update listed there. Select the update and click on "Uninstall" button in toolbar or right-click on the update and select "Uninstall" option.

4. That's it. It'll require a restart. After restarting it will have rolled back to IE8.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1
puget1 RE: IE 9 RC
Member 22nd Feb, 2011 23:31
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
i think I have the picture, and so "will" try it out. I have an add-on in Firefox to block trackers ,however,the banks to not like what ever it does and it appears that it makes the browser undecipherable to them.. The second problem is that it does not allow you to make an allowance for particular sites. Thanks all

--
Gone to Linux permanetly

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+