Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: no detectio0n in PSI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Logitech
And, this specific program:
Logitech QuickCam 9.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
dieten no detectio0n in PSI
Member 12th Mar, 2011 12:19
Ranking: 1
User Since: 15th Jan, 2011
System Score: N/A
I have logitech quickcam pro 9000 installed with all of its software, none appears in PSI. So also for my Logitech Marble mouse and it software.
If I try to use the "are you missing a program" -button, I don't succeed in finding a .exe or .dll that is readable for PSI. So I cant report it in the normal way.
Nevertheless the webcam software needs updating sometimes.

mogs RE: no detectio0n in PSI
Expert Contributor 12th Mar, 2011 12:59
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
The following is a list from here :-
http://secunia.com/advisories/vendor/1097/
Logitech is currently associated with 22 pieces of software and operating systems in the Secunia database.

Choose a product below and view a full report about Secunia advisories affecting it.

Software
- ImageStudio 7.x
- Logitech Desktop Messenger 1.x
- Logitech Desktop Messenger 2.x
- Logitech GamePanel 3.x
- Logitech iTouch 2.x
- Logitech LCD Manager
- Logitech MouseWare 9.x
- Logitech QuickCam 10.x
- Logitech QuickCam 11.x
- Logitech QuickCam 8.x
- Logitech QuickCam 9.x
- Logitech SetPoint 2.x
- Logitech SetPoint 3.x
- Logitech SetPoint 4.x
- Logitech SetPoint 5.x
- Logitech SetPoint 6.x
- Logitech StreamPoint 1.x
- Logitech Vid 7.x
- Logitech VideoCall 2.x
- Logitech Webcam Software 12.x
- Logitech WiLife 2.x
- Squeezebox Server 7.x

Could it be that the prog/s are located on another drive which is not being scanned ? PSI now by default only scans the root drive (Which is usually C:), and the drive containing "Program Files" (Usually also C:). To scan other drives, you can go to the Settings tab and choose which drives you wish to scan under "Drives", simply by setting a checkbox next to the appropriate drive.

Hope the foregoing is of some help.......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+2
dieten RE: no detectio0n in PSI
Member 12th Mar, 2011 13:11
Score: 1
User Since: 15th Jan 2011
Thank Mogs,

The list of advisories tells me that there is NO advisory and NO security risk related to the quickcam pro 900. But still I don't understand why PSI does not detect, nor accept an submission of the software. It is located: C:\program files\logitech\
best
ferdinand
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Expert Contributor 12th Mar, 2011 18:41
Last edited on 12th Mar, 2011 18:42
Hello Ferdinand.
Here are the notes from the FAQ's relative to prog. suggestion...in case you havn't already read thro' them :-
How can I suggest a feature or report an error in the Secunia PSI?
For all feature requests or error inquiries, please submit your suggestions or error reports to support@secunia.com (including screenshots, whenever possible).

You can also post to our community forum, found at http://secunia.com/community/forum/

I have some programs that the PSI does not detect. What can I do to add them?
Go to the Scan Results page, click "Are you missing a program?", fill in the fields and select a file related to the program you wish to suggest. The more information you include, the higher the chance we can include the software in our database, or correct already-existing rules.

Please make sure that the file you suggest contain correct file information, such as filename and version numbers, as this is the information the Secunia PSI uses to detect the program and to determine which version you have installed.

When I try to suggest a program the PSI shows 'C:\FakePath' (or similar) instead of the file's location. Why is this?
This is because https://psi.secunia.com is not added to 'trusted sites' as per section S3 of our FAQ. Without this configured, your system blocks the PSI from uploading the required file information from your system.

Which information should I include when asking for help?
When asking for help, either on the community forum or by contacting Secunia support, you should include the 'Troubleshoot Report' for the application in question. To obtain the Troubleshoot Report, double-click the problematic program on the Scan Results tab, click 'Troubleshoot Report', and follow the instructions presented.

I would suggest that if you can't find files acceptable for a software suggestion, that you contact the vendor direct for further info, and Secunia Support with whatever you do have.It may also be that detection rules need to be modified etc..
Hope this helps.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Member 12th Mar, 2011 23:38
Dear mogs,

you are correct. I could not report the detection problem because I did not add https:\*.secunia.com to " trusted sites" . Why because I use Mozilla Firefox and there is no such thing as trusted sites. The FAQ section S3 is for IE exclusively and doesn't help the other now even larger half of mankind.

best ferdinand
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 12th Mar, 2011 23:52
Ferdinand As far as I know, IE is an integral component of Windows.....I know you say you use only Firefox.......until recently, I used Chrome predominantly.....but I still have IE configured for Secunia.
Have you checked/read thro' the FAQ's recently ? They may be worth bookmarking for reference :-http://secunia.com/products/consumer/PSI/faq/ FAQ's

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: no detectio0n in PSI
Member 14th Mar, 2011 08:50
Hi,

Just to clarify.
The reason our FAQ only applies to Internet Explorer is because the PSI uses IE to render its user interface. The settings have nothing to do with which browser you use to access the internet, they simply apply to the PSI because it runs in IE.

So this is why settings in Firefox do not impact the PSI but those in IE do.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 14th Mar, 2011 12:24
Thanks Petersen,

This information should be in the FAQ, even more for Europeans, who are no longer obliged to have the very insecure IE installed if they have a windows OS.

I will add Secunia to the trusted sites and activate scripting (I first try whether the `on demand`version works too, I donīt like the idea of uncontrolled scripting in IE) and than I can report the Logitech software that is not detected. I suppose this solves the question and I leave this thread.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability