Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: No Scan After Installing W7 SP1

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
mavmat No Scan After Installing W7 SP1
Member 23rd Mar, 2011 17:36
Ranking: 0
User Since: 21st Dec, 2009
System Score: N/A
I am unable to have PSI 2.0 scan my PC. When I click scan the application does nothing. The problem seems to have started after I installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. Before I did that it worked fine.

I am using a HP TouchSmart tx2-1020us Tablet PC using an AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-82 2.20GHz

Please advise.

mogs RE: No Scan After Installing W7 SP1
Expert Contributor 23rd Mar, 2011 18:16
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
Have you got the very latest psi version.....2.0.0.3001 ? Have you tried a re-install ? Let it remove the previous version it finds. Before doing so, clear out temp. files/browser cache.
Have you checked/read thro' the more recent FAQ's here :-http://secunia.com/products/consumer/PSI/faq/
Particularly the settings here....just to be sure...:-http://secunia.com/products/consumer/PSI/faq/#s3
There are other fairly recent threads on the forum where users have experienced an inability to scan but they have usually occurred after install of psi...I think.
Hope this helps for the time being.......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+2
mavmat RE: No Scan After Installing W7 SP1
Member 23rd Mar, 2011 19:39
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Dec 2009
System Score: N/A
Yes, I am running version 2.0.0.3001.

It finally started to scan. The scan took over 18 minutes which is significantly more than the average time of 8-10 minutes to complete a scan. However, after installing patches for applications and re-running the scan the last scan took less than 10 minutes. So perhaps I am back to "normal" or as much as can be expected after a Windows Service Pack installation.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 23rd Mar, 2011 21:33
@maymat
Glad to read that you are at least able to complete a scan.....it still seems quite a long time performing it's duty tho'.....something seems to have unsettled it.
I've found that regular use of CCleaner and it's Registry scanner : together with almost daily defragmentation, keeps things runnining at an optimum....lets hope it continues to improve......regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

mogs

RE: No Scan After Installing W7 SP1
[+]
This reply has been deleted
Expert Contributor 24th Mar, 2011 07:13
@maymat
Strange thing is, that I had a Vista update thro' last night....and afterwards couldn't complete a psi scan !
I decided to leave it until this morning....it's completed, but it took well over 7 minutes....three times longer than usual.
How are you getting on ?

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability