xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Miriam J can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)
Member 28th Mar, 2011 05:14
Ranking: -1
User Since: 31st Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
I previously posted about this installation "Updates mess up system". After following the able suggestions of Anthony Wells, I'm back where I started. Tried to download the FireFox plug-in from the hippo site, got the same Windows - No Disk error that couldn't be closed except by using TaskManager. Tried to uninstall with Adobe's uninstaller, same Windows - No Disk error that couldn't be closed except by using TaskManager.

So now, I can't play videos online, and can't install the Flash Player.

Running Win XP SP3 Media Center Edition, on HP Pavilion slimline.

Any more suggestions? Thanks.

gjjean RE: can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)
Contributor 28th Mar, 2011 07:48
Score: 192
User Since: 9th Apr 2010
System Score: 100%
@ Miriam j

I was tracking your previous thread and last month I wasnt able to download and install the last flash player at the moment. See this thread:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/758...
But remember I use IE, and you use FF.

After searching I found the following site dealing with your problem and Id like that you stick with Anthony Wells responses because hes a savvy with FF browser.

http://www.varesano.net/blog/fabio/installing%20fl...

Good luck

--
HP pavilion DV6
Win 7 64bit - SP1
IE10 + MSSE4.3.215
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Anthony Wells RE: can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)
Expert Contributor 28th Mar, 2011 13:25
Score: 2453
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 28th Mar, 2011 14:25
Hello Miriam ,

Sorry to hear that you are back to square one . I have done a quick websearch concerning the "Windows - No Disk error" which seems to have many possible causes ; it might be triggered by the Adobe update but the cause/solution may lie elsewhere . Unfortunately , I am busy for a few days , so maybe another helper will pop in :)

just to confirm :-

You have no version of Flash installed ; neither for IE nor Firefox and both the Adobe installer (from FileHippo) and the Adobe uninstaller (from Adobe) have provoked the "No Disk" error message .

You say you need to close it with Task Manager , what "it" are you closing ?? **** Can you post the exact name of the process you have to kill which is listed by Task Manager ; are they the same in each case ??

A quick fix , temporarily , might be as I mentioned in your other thread ; the Google Chrome browser has it's own version of the AFP embedded in it and it auto -updates itself . It should allow you to play vidoes on line while we work on the "error" problem .

Anthony

****EDIT : I have just found this :-

http://www.consumingexperience.com/2007/11/windows...

Is this the message you are getting ?? If so you need to read through and look at the possible causes/solutions .

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Miriam J RE: can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)
Member 28th Mar, 2011 15:26
Score: -1
User Since: 31st Mar 2009
Hi, Anthony -

the processes I have to close with Task Manager , are the Windows-NoDisk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c and the AFP Installation [Task Manager always shows 2 of these]. The same happens with install and uninstall.

My drive letters did recently change themselves. I have a C, of course, D which is the HP Recovery Disk partition, DVD-RAM E: and G, H, I, and J. The J [or K or L] used to be assigned to removable external drives only when they were plugged in [USB] and, if they needed power, were turned on. The drives may have renamed themselves because I had an external powered drive plugged in for about 1 month, while I was away. But it had been turned off and had been turned off only after using "safely remove". The external drives, when connected, now show as "F". I think "F" used to be in the F through I series, that are now G-J.

I'm not really sure what the G-J drives are, except there are 2 card drives, one a compactFlash I/II - MicroDrive, and one SD MMC MS/PRO SM XD [separated by dots that my keyboard doesn't have, not as in dot.com]. There are also 4 USB ports. Control Panel| device Manager | Hardware does not identify any of the storage devices by letter.

I'm a bit intimidated by the instructions at http://www.consumingexperience.com/2007/11/windows... and

During my last full backup yesterday, which was done yesterday, I did also remove some unused HP printer programs via Add/Remove. I no longer have any HP printers, so they were just cluttering my [too-] many programs shown in Add/Remove. But I don't know if that should have caused any of these problems, which originated before I did the backup.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)
Expert Contributor 28th Mar, 2011 16:04
Score: 2453
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 28th Mar, 2011 16:10
Hi ,

As you use an HP machine then that may be a part of the problem , especially as there have been all the changes to drive numbers and printers that you mention .

The instructions

***How to change your drive letter assignments in Windows XP or Vista to fix the "Windows - no disk" etc error message, and how to uninstall your floppy drive***

Yeah , the instructions can be intimidating , but the same processes are given by windows here and are not necessarily easier

just near the top of the link :-

sound like a possibility from what I can find from the web (no direct experience myself) ; they are also presented here by M$ :-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307844

If you are not sure what or how to do things , do you have a friend who could sit with you and guide .

Maurice Joyce has experience of HP and excellent technical knowledge , I will ask him to look in on this thread .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Maurice Joyce RE: can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)
Handling Contributor 28th Mar, 2011 23:20
Score: 11822
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Miriam,
Are U still in difficulty with this issue?

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Miriam J RE: can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)
Member 29th Mar, 2011 02:00
Score: -1
User Since: 31st Mar 2009
Hi, Maurice,

Yes. I gave up for a while. I tend to make the most mistakes when I just keep trying and trying, so thought I'd give it a rest.

I haven't tried renaming the drives yet.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: can't install Flash Player 10.2.153.1 (Non-IE)
Handling Contributor 29th Mar, 2011 02:07
Score: 11822
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Sometimes a very good idea. Very late here in the UK.

When U are happy to have another go can I ask U to do this for me?

1.Leave the error message U get on the screen and start Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE).

2.Select the APPLICATIONS tab in Task Manager.

3.Highlight the Windows - No Disk application in the Task Manager.

4.Now RIGHT click on it and select Go To Process That will move you to the processes tab and the process will be highlighted which is issuing the message.

5. Which process is it?

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+