xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Secunia Advisory SA43772: not properly detecting updated ver. 9.4.3

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Acrobat 9.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
ADX3018 Secunia Advisory SA43772: not properly detecting updated ver. 9.4.3
Member 28th Mar, 2011 13:48
Ranking: 0
User Since: 22nd Feb, 2010
System Score: N/A
I have run the update & rebooted twice. However, PSI still reports the problem version as being present. In checking the specific file versions, I see that acrobat.exe is in fact still version 9.4.2.220 and is dated 31-JAN-2011, but acrobat.dll is now version 9.4.3.231, and is dated 12-MAR-2011. Therefore, it appears to me that the update in fact did install successfully, but PSI is not checking the correct file(s) within the Acrobat 9 installation folder.

Anthony Wells RE: Secunia Advisory SA43772: not properly detecting updated ver. 9.4.3
Expert Contributor 28th Mar, 2011 14:04
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi ,
The version detection problem with 10.x was dealt with and fixed by Secunia here :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/790...

if you are saying that the same problem exists in 9.x , please post the troubleshoot report for the "insecure" detected instance and confirm that the programme's internal "About" states that you have the latest up to date version installed .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+1
ADX3018 RE: Secunia Advisory SA43772: not properly detecting updated ver. 9.4.3
Member 28th Mar, 2011 15:08
Score: 0
User Since: 22nd Feb 2010
Hmmm. Yes, I was saying that the same thing was occurring with 9.x as it apparently was with 10.x. I just now went to harvest the troubleshoot report, and just as I was doing that, the program suddenly reported as patched. I am positive that earlier this morning, after I installed the patch twice and rebooted twice, it was still showing as insecure. So I am willing to bet that something was done on Secunia's end in the interim to update how this program gets scanned. Anyhow, thanks.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Secunia Advisory SA43772: not properly detecting updated ver. 9.4.3
Expert Contributor 28th Mar, 2011 15:21
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

As a rule , the PSI will record the update either in real time or sometimes you need a reboot and a to run a full system scan ; especially with M$ updates . An individual product scan is often ineffective .

As support are seemingly busy elsewhere and not very active on the Forum , then your opening the programme entry may given the PSI the proverbial boot up.... that was required .

whatever , pleased it's fixed for now .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability