Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Recycle Bin

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as resolved.
mogs Recycle Bin
Expert Contributor 5th Apr, 2011 18:33
Ranking: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr, 2009
System Score: 100%
@Anthony
I noticed it in one of your posts somewhere.....you stated that psi no longer scans the Bin....but I havn't found any reference to it anywhere else...just wanted some confirmation for possible future ref.........thanks.

BTW.....Have you taken a look at the new Canary build ?! It's out on it's own ! I ceased with it for a few weeks while deciding what to do with IE9....it's moved on almost beyond recognition.......of course Dev will catch up eventually.....but nothing to loose if you try a preview !!

--

Post "RE: Recycle Bin" has been selected as an answer.
Anthony Wells RE: Recycle Bin
Expert Contributor 5th Apr, 2011 20:24
Score: 2463
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

Hi there Mogs ,

Stumbled on this thread as no one seems to want to reply to you :(( so I decided to put quill to parchment to rectify this malchance :))

Concerning the bin , I remember Emil stating this quite clearly as a major improvement at some release of a TP or Beta ; you could maybe find it buried in one of the interminable Secunia bug report threads - or just take my word for it . Better still test it yourself .

I had actually thought of running the Canary alongside the Beta , but that would need two user accounts , I guess , and time is at a premium at the mo' !! How are you set up ??

I also noted you were asking about GIMF on another thread ; I could give you a hint and say Google it , but here's a more direct answer (be aware that acronyms often contain one or more definitions of a coarse nature) :-

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gim...

Gotta rush , so catch you later .

Anthony

PS: If you come across young taffy , tell him he's due a million lines for missing his Monday exam and not handing in any homework . Inadmissible !!

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: Recycle Bin
Expert Contributor 5th Apr, 2011 21:47
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
@Anthony.......quill to parchment ?! Can't see many signs of old Featherfingers....I thought he was the generation before your old school ?!
Now that you mention Emil's statement....it did bring to mind some vague recollection.....it can't be all grey registry entries.....some things I seem to retain almost indelibly ! I very rarely have anything in the bin....particularly at a time of scan....I can take your word for it.
As far as I know you can run Canary alongside Stable, Beta or Dev, on the same account....tho' it operates independantly.
Download Google Chrome Canary Build
It installs and runs side by side with other Google Chrome installations.
For Windows XP, Vista, and 7
Fast start-up

I'm not sure if taffy bunked off or got pulled by the Sport's master.....last I heard it was " Balls to the squares "!! Do you think it's open to interpretation ?

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Recycle Bin
Expert Contributor 6th Apr, 2011 17:35
Score: 2463
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

Thanks Mogs , on reading closer the "independent" install of Canary is mentioned so often it's blindingly obvious .

Have it loaded and set up like the Dev ; today , the builds are almost identical and blazingly fast ; the new Firefox 4.0 has jumped up right alongside and is now only marginally behind 12.x . and still a delight to use .

All this on the trusty (!!??) old XP ; they must be interesting on Win7 ; I'll need to find a "good" horse for Aintree .

In my day , we used to carve beautiful bird feathers (found in the fields) into quills or whittle twigs to take the "metal" nib ; of course there were other joys as when the ink well was stuffed with "blotty" and the alphabet took on wonderfully furry and fudged shapes - a unique secret code every time .

The Fountain Pen and Propelling Pencil sets for "Chrissy" changed all that and fingers regained their natural pink . I may have exaggerated about "parchment" but it seemed/felt like it to us baby scribes :))

Interpretation is everything .

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: Recycle Bin
Expert Contributor 7th Apr, 2011 00:08
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
@Anthony
I am glad you got it fixed up....had thought of giving Firefox a go....but now that Dev has taken on most of Canary's features again, I've lost the hankering to make the little birdie default ( which I can't do even if I wanted.}
I can remember the scratching and blotting....never anything calligraphic ! Being left handed...sometimes the letters would lean forward...the very next word like somebody else had written....I never seemed to catch up ! I've since taught myself all over again but nobody recognizes me ! ( Slight exaggeration !) Aye, with the old black ink there was no motoring !

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+