Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: PSI 2.0

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
ribli PSI 2.0
Member 14th Apr, 2011 16:06
Ranking: 0
User Since: 14th Apr, 2011
System Score: N/A
Having problems with PSI working and then not opening properly. The opening screen displays, on the left, two smaller windows that say Learn More about Auto Updating. Only one such window is normally present. Nothing works. I uninstall and reinstall and all works well for a few days and then the above screen appears and all is locked. I'm using Windows 7, disabled Anti-Virus when installing, downloaded a fresh version. Nothing seems to make a difference. Is there a log somewhere that would assist in determining the cause. Have used PSI for years and up until about two weeks ago never had an issue. It works and then it doesn't.

mogs RE: PSI 2.0
Expert Contributor 14th Apr, 2011 17:59
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Hello.
There was some maintenance work goin' on for a couple of days, a few days ago....that might explain in part. The symptoms you're experiencing do seem rather erratic....Just might be best to confirm your settings are as per the newer FAQ's here.....note, that if you're using XP there's more specific paras towards the end :-
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

Did you make sure to clear out temp. files/browser cache before a new install...and let it remove the previous version ? Recently installing should mean you've got the latest version 2.0.0.3002...found by clicking on the icon and then About....which you probably already know...but just in case.

Just remembered the following from another post, which may or may not apply :-
In my case, the problem was that for a reason or another, I had IE in offline mode. Once I had put it back to online mode, Secunia PSI started to work again.

Hope it helps........regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
ribli RE: PSI 2.0
Member 20th Apr, 2011 18:16
Score: 0
User Since: 14th Apr 2011
System Score: N/A
I was somewhat mistaken. I uninstalled PSI and reinstalled using the download I had on my computer. At your suggestion I checked and it was not the latest version. I now have the most current version and the problem appears to have cleared.

Thanks.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: PSI 2.0
Expert Contributor 20th Apr, 2011 19:18
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Well, I am glad that you managed a fix ribli......I'm presuming you're aware of the latest version available from yesterday...2.0.0.3003 ? Last time I looked it wasn't showing yet in the Changelog here :-
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

If you do need any info regarding it....might be best to read Emil Petersen's and Maurice's posts towards the end of the following thread :-
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/814...
I'm only suggesting it if you havn't already got the 3003 version; and as you are a Windows7 user it might be applicable.

If you are indeed all fixed up....as the originator of the thread you have the option to close it...by pressing Accept. This will lock/close the thread, and prevent tag-on posts and reminder e mails.
Hope it helps....good luck and regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer